39 dead bodies found in the back of a lorry

Mintermind is just an attention seeker tbh. Sureiknow is a genuinely racist creep however.

I’ve said repeatedly in this thread that this is horrific, thanks anyway.

Has Shandon Par been along yet to confirm exactly why Boris/the Tories is to blame?

17 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

On Facebook, which I realise isn’t a reliable source but the difference here is it was on a post of a “justice for Mo” picture that’s the doing the rounds. The guy who originally posted it has tagged Mo himself in it, presumably a friend, seems Mo picked up the trailer and had no idea what was truly inside it. Leave it up to P&B to decide if he will be “proving guilty” or not.

IMG_7007.thumb.jpg.a040975031b5487d4e4f62ce3ef46c37.jpg

IMG_7008.thumb.jpg.fcfc86e0a4f25df0b7da8aa2990e55de.jpg

I used to hide behind the couch when the fridge men were on Dr Who.

On 24/10/2019 at 12:30, Mastermind said:

I’ve said repeatedly in this thread that this is horrific, thanks anyway.

Has Shandon Par been along yet to confirm exactly why Boris/the Tories is to blame?

A glowing endorsement of our immigration policy right enough. A young person looking to come here has to take her chances inside a death chamber/truck. 

Sky News has translated the texts, which say: "So sorry mum and dad. The route to abroad didn't succeed. Mum. I love you and dad so much. I am dying because I can't breathe. I am from Can Loc Ha Tinh. Vietnam. Mum. I'm very sorry."

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

A glowing endorsement of our immigration policy right enough. A young person looking to come here has to take her chances inside a death chamber/truck. 

Sky News has translated the texts, which say: "So sorry mum and dad. The route to abroad didn't succeed. Mum. I love you and dad so much. I am dying because I can't breathe. I am from Can Loc Ha Tinh. Vietnam. Mum. I'm very sorry."

Horrible. 

If true it proves they weren't frozen to death and some news outlets have just speculated due to the fact that these trailers can be set to -25c. They don't mention that they can be set to +10c or just left off completely. 

I'm guessing that the traffickers have calculated (badly) how long the oxygen would last that amount of people in that space and sent them on their way. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The family are saying they paid £30 thousand to get her into the UK. I must be missing something, but why didn't they just buy her a first class return to Heathrow, proof of a few thousand in the bank and a job or studies to go back to, get a tourist visa and disappear into London? Apparently the smugglers have returned the money, very good of them. *

*sarcastic emoji

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

Horrible. 

If true it proves they weren't frozen to death and some news outlets have just speculated due to the fact that these trailers can be set to -25c. They don't mention that they can be set to +10c or just left off completely. 

I'm guessing that the traffickers have calculated (badly) how long the oxygen would last that amount of people in that space and sent them on their way. 

Not sure the traffickers care that much tbh. They’ve got their cash.

Just now, RH33 said:

Not sure the traffickers care that much tbh. They’ve got their cash.

I'm sure they'd rather stay out of jail and continue with their lucrative business. 

If the smuggling goes to plan, the authorities are none the wiser and they crack on. 

If there is a murder/manslaughter inquiry I'm sure you'd agree there will be a massive operation to find those responsible.

The family are saying they paid £30 thousand to get her into the UK. I must be missing something, but why didn't they just buy her a first class return to Heathrow, proof of a few thousand in the bank and a job or studies to go back to, get a tourist visa and disappear into London? Apparently the smugglers have returned the money, very good of them.

As long as they have a reasonable grasp of consumer rights we should go easy on them.

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm sure they'd rather stay out of jail and continue with their lucrative business. 

If the smuggling goes to plan, the authorities are none the wiser and they crack on. 

If there is a murder/manslaughter inquiry I'm sure you'd agree there will be a massive operation to find those responsible.

True, stil doubt welfare high on list priorities.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A disgustingly high number of people would like it to be.

Just look at some of the vile rhetoric that comes from Trumpites on this side of the Atlantic

This whole story is really tragic and maddening.  I feel for the poor people who were fleeing something (presumably) truly terrible while the human traffickers are the lowest of the low, the scum on the bottom of the shoes of the scum of humanity

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The family are saying they paid £30 thousand to get her into the UK. I must be missing something, but why didn't they just buy her a first class return to Heathrow, proof of a few thousand in the bank and a job or studies to go back to, get a tourist visa and disappear into London? Apparently the smugglers have returned the money, very good of them. *

*sarcastic emoji

Ridiculous. She could've just came here as a tourist and "forgot" to get her flight home if staying here was the intention. Clearly there are more than enough financial means there. 

Sincerely hope they are fully cooperating with this in terms of exactly who they paid to arrange this. 

The driver was rightly arrested because he was told to get that trailer and it was important to establish who sent him there and under what pretences. That this press named him is absolutely disgraceful; what had this achieved? He may be in on it or may not be, but if he isn't his name has been dragged through the gutter for nothing. Dismal, yet again, from the media pond life. 

Edited by Michael W

They don’t have to do that at all. We don’t have a closed border, tens of thousands of people come to the UK without issue every year. Why not just come over like them?

On the contrary, Boris policies must be extremely attractive if someone is willing to pass say 40 different countries and cross virtually the entire planet to get to the UK specifically.

On 23/10/2019 at 22:32, jamamafegan said:

On Facebook, which I realise isn’t a reliable source but the difference here is it was on a post of a “justice for Mo” picture that’s the doing the rounds. The guy who originally posted it has tagged Mo himself in it, presumably a friend, seems Mo picked up the trailer and had no idea what was truly inside it. Leave it up to P&B to decide if he will be “proving guilty” or not.

IMG_7007.thumb.jpg.a040975031b5487d4e4f62ce3ef46c37.jpg

IMG_7008.thumb.jpg.fcfc86e0a4f25df0b7da8aa2990e55de.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-50196265

Charged with manslaughter