39 dead bodies found in the back of a lorry

It didn't seem to occur to most folk that I was part of that group too, but when it did, someone would inevitably say, "not you, you're on our side".

My experience at the time was the same.

“You realise i’m an immigrant, right?”
“Oh no, I didn’t mean people like you

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

Care to explain why it’s factually incorrect?

Human trafficking where force/lack of choice of the people in question is involved would mean that they aren’t illegal immigrants in the legal sense. The illegality in that case would fall solely on those who have forced them to cross borders, whereas if it is human smuggling where choice is involved it would fall on both parties.

Human trafficking where force/lack of choice of the people in question is involved would mean that they aren’t illegal immigrants in the legal sense. The illegality in that case would fall solely on those who have forced them to cross borders, whereas if it is human smuggling where choice is involved it would fall on both parties.

You would be correct here if they are found to have been forced into the back of the truck. However, this has yet to be confirmed. If they willingly entered, then yes they are of course illegal immigrants. Horrible either way.

1 minute ago, Mastermind said:

You would be correct here if they are found to have been forced into the back of the truck. However, this has yet to be confirmed. If they willingly entered, then yes they are of course illegal immigrants. Horrible either way.

I am correct, as your statement I quoted was:

13 hours ago, Mastermind said:

If they have entered the country in the back of a lorry they are illegal immigrants I’m afraid.

Which, as I’ve said above, is factually incorrect as I’ve given an example of how they could have entered the country in the back of a truck and not been illegal immigrants. No apology necessary.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Guilty or not the driver looks like the sort of guy you would be crystal meth off in an Aldi car park.

Lucky for me that I buy my Crytal Meth off a guy in the Waitrose car park.

9 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Hate to stick up for FlyBhoy here, considering he’s a dribbling moron, but his point about guess the club is pretty pertinent tbf. If that tweet was posted and you were asked to guess which club that ‘person’ supported, we’d all guess Rangers. A boy I know from school just favourited it so it turned up on my timeline - a Rangers fan.

Absolutely dreadful to hear, it’s hard to imagine being put in a position where you need to cram yourself in to the back of a lorry with minimal or no air. I honestly hate this country and the rhetoric on immigrants being bad people.

Think it's symptomatic of the problems in this country that that is even something thought about. 

39 people have died. 

Football is irrelevant.

12 hours ago, Dee Man said:

It would really depend on the horsepower of your truck. Some struggle up hills with a relatively light load, like maybe a 400, but if you've got a 750hp V8 you're not feeling anything. Most trucks are around 40 tons fully laden so 39 people is pretty light compared to that. 

Using my extensive experience of European Truck Simulator 2, I can corroborate this entirely. :geek