39 dead bodies found in the back of a lorry

Where are you seeing that?

On Facebook, which I realise isn’t a reliable source but the difference here is it was on a post of a “justice for Mo” picture that’s the doing the rounds. The guy who originally posted it has tagged Mo himself in it, presumably a friend, seems Mo picked up the trailer and had no idea what was truly inside it. Leave it up to P&B to decide if he will be “proving guilty” or not.

IMG_7007.thumb.jpg.a040975031b5487d4e4f62ce3ef46c37.jpg

IMG_7008.thumb.jpg.fcfc86e0a4f25df0b7da8aa2990e55de.jpg

4 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Guess which football team he supports..... it's a tricky one I know 

Screenshot_20191023-174337_Twitter.jpg

You are the absolute epitome of an old firm fan, and the above is a prime example of why as a group they are the most hated people in the country by other football fans. Actively seeking out and posting something in a thread about 39 people dying to get one over on a Rangers fan? Get fucked.

You’ve managed to wear down the mods enough that they can’t be arsed banning your ten thousandth alias, but you should be. The most disgusting poster on here, you make my skin crawl.

3 hours ago, Mastermind said:

If they have entered the country in the back of a lorry they are illegal immigrants I’m afraid.

A decent attempt to out do Magee on the c**t scale, and factually inaccurate as well.

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm guessing most other countries will have phrases to refer to their citizens that have decided to move abroad the same way Brits refer to expats.

I think people are are over-thinking the use of the word  immigrant/migrant in this context. 

How else should we refer to people who attempt to move abroad for a better life? It's surely far less demeaning or dehumanising than illegal immigrant, asylum seeker or refugee? It literally just lets the reader know that it's people from another country. I don't see how anyone can take anything sinister from it. In other contexts yes, but not here. 

You can pretty much guarantee that numerous have seen this story and not even pictured a real human being because of the word (and just a word) 'immigrant', some sadly but inevitably thinking "that'll be 39 less then". 

Foreign nationals or overseas citizens would be a better use imo largely because everybody regardless of their origin can be referred to that in normal use, and it's a bit classier you could say, unlike the narrow 'immigrant' tag that has been hijacked by the likes of the Daily Mail for bad news purposes.

Bodies which a few days/weeks ago were People trying to escape hellholes like a Syria. Its sad that the media fuelled hatred leads to dehumanising people who live in conditions we will never have too.

Apparently, according driver I asked, you collect trailer which is usually locked and drive to destination.

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

You can pretty much guarantee that numerous have seen this story and not even pictured a real human being because of the word (and just a word) 'immigrant', some sadly but inevitably thinking "that'll be 39 less then". 

Foreign nationals or overseas citizens would be a better use imo largely because everybody regardless of their origin can be referred to that in normal use, and it's a bit classier you could say, unlike the narrow 'immigrant' tag that has been hijacked by the likes of the Daily Mail for bad news purposes.

"Immigrants" has gone out of fashion, "migrants" is the currently acceptable term, both of which are accurate but maybe carry a negative stigma because of the way the likes of the Daily Mail use them. Maybe "Explorers"? "Adventurers"? Brings back the great days of our emigrants conquering the Empire! 

3 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Bodies which a few days/weeks ago were People trying to escape hellholes like a Syria. Its sad that the media fuelled hatred leads to dehumanising people who live in conditions we will never have too.

Apparently, according driver I asked, you collect trailer which is usually locked and drive to destination.

Heard that elsewhere, sounds well dodgy. "Just take this package and take it to this address. No need to know what's inside, and don't look. Here's £1000."

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in capital letters.

I do wonder what the agenda there is...

No argument from me there in the way they're using it.

It's almost as if there is a link between being a thick, semi-literate moron and a brain dead, racist moron.

46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

But possibly an airtight container?

Good point well made. 

31 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

This has outed utterly horrendous people within society.

Anyone who would climb onto that truck and put themselves in harms way to come to a dump like the UK is obviously running away from unspeakable horrors in their own country.
Have some compassion.

Did it definitely enter the UK? Maybe they were trying to escape. 

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Heard that elsewhere, sounds well dodgy. "Just take this package and take it to this address. No need to know what's inside, and don't look. Here's £1000."

On the other hand, you might not fancy some random lorry driver murdering prostitutes in amongst your shipment of priceless widgets.

41 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The problem with that is if you change to either of these phrases and they become the accepted terminology then pretty soon down the line the likes of the Daily Mail,Tommy Robinson, EDL etc just use that and then where does it stop?

Fuckwits like whoever made that Facebook post about #justiceformo will just change from ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS to FOREIGN NATIONALS. More likely FORIEGN NASHINALS but you get my drift. 

Exactly why you never hear foreign-based Brits referred to as 'immigrants' within their new country of choice, only ever 'expats'.
Immigrant is used for everything else, unless of course they're white and speak English as their first language.  The latter are always here for sound reasons, are treated as 'one of our type'  and are simply referred to as either Irish, American, Canadian, NZer or an Australian.  The rest?  Bloody immigrants (possibly 'Eastern European').
I see myself as an immigrant here in Canada.
A while ago a cab driver was moaning to me about the amount of immigrants coming into the country ( this was after him asking where I was from ).
I informed him that I was one... he disputed it.
I asked if it was because I was white and came from an English speaking country.
His reply was it's because of the links between Canada and the UK.
Still makes me an immigrant though I said.... silence for the rest of the trip and no tip.

Hate to stick up for FlyBhoy here, considering he’s a dribbling moron, but his point about guess the club is pretty pertinent tbf. If that tweet was posted and you were asked to guess which club that ‘person’ supported, we’d all guess Rangers. A boy I know from school just favourited it so it turned up on my timeline - a Rangers fan.

Absolutely dreadful to hear, it’s hard to imagine being put in a position where you need to cram yourself in to the back of a lorry with minimal or no air. I honestly hate this country and the rhetoric on immigrants being bad people.

Understand what your saying.... but the context he put it in was to point score.... nothing else.
No reason to stick up for him.

28 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

On the other hand, you might not fancy some random lorry driver murdering prostitutes in amongst your shipment of priceless widgets.

I wonder what legal responsibility lorry drivers have to know what they're carrying. Maybe a bill of goods is enough. Makes you think what these poor dead explorers were described as. Bulgarian cabbages?

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

This has outed utterly horrendous people within society.

Anyone who would climb onto that truck and put themselves in harms way to come to a dump like the UK is obviously running away from unspeakable horrors in their own country.
Have some compassion.

We shall see where they came from.

My bet is Africa.