General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The MSM will spend the next few weeks exposing why Tory voters should not vote Farage whilst making no reference to Brexit Party leaning former Labour voters.

Hopefully there’s enough ‘reality TV’ programmes on to stop these people watching or reading any news.

1 hour ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

On the "progressive" tax point, why doesn't somebody bite the bullet and scrap the ceiling on NI? Over £50k or thereabouts you only pay 2%, yet it is 12% up to that point? It's the tax discount for the higher paid that is somehow completely overlooked by everybody. Not by mistake, I'm sure. 

Unlike alot of "window dressing" tax changes, it would rake in an absolute fortune too if implemented. 

Now that, Welshbairn, is a regressive tax. Should be scrapped and rolled into Income Tax and Corp Tax ( Like NZ per the graph)? I think the government likes to pretend we are all paying up front for something that might happen in future - hence the word "insurance". But the truth is contributions were not put into any national wealth fund. Today's tax payers pay for yesterdays promises.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Now that, Welshbairn, is a regressive tax. Should be scrapped and rolled into Income Tax and Corp Tax ( Like NZ per the graph)? I think the government likes to pretend we are all paying up front for something that might happen in future - hence the word "insurance". But the truth is contributions were not put into any national wealth fund. Today's tax payers pay for yesterdays promises.

Nobody is going to disagree with that. I'm always amazed how it gets brushed under the carpet. Personally, I've got a marginal rate of 53%, but if I made an extra few quid it would go down to 43% I have a 5 figure salary. An actual regressive income tax that is clear as day for everyone to see. I'm sure there will be some way of 'justifying' it (it would lead to more avoidance or some pish like that) but that's the facts. Not a single party ever addresses it.

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

They're not shitholes, they just live in one.  

A lot of them do.

I just get fed up listening to continual moans along the lines of  "What did the EU ever do for us then"..?

I suppose in years gone by it was "What did the Romans ever do for us then?

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

EISLzZvXsAAHygJ.jpg

A graph which destroys the line about the Tories becoming the party of the working class.

Maybe if they voted Tory they'd be less deprived? 

ETA: I'm being flippant but I could see one of the Tory talking heads saying that on the news. Cleverly, for example. He'd say any shite that HO had told him.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo