General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A Retweet from America :whistle

I also saw him take a stab at a price of a bottle of milk and to be fair to him he wasn't that far out even though he didn't look totally convinced when he gave his answer. 

I never understand the point of that kind of question though. I never drink champagne but I could tell you how much a bottle costs. 

BTW this is also a dreadfully edited video. 

Edited by Malky3

Quite a good turn out at my polling place when I went around about midday. No queuing or anything but a steady stream of people filtering in and out of the building. And thankfully no arseholes camped outside the shop down the road trying to hand you leaflets and preach their party of choice to you

3 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Agreed. However the way we handle benefits in this country there is every possibility that he might be able to do well enough from benefits to make a decision he no longer fancies spending half his life getting covered in shit. 

He does alright out of benefits. Rent paid, council tax paid, enough money for Sky tv. He is just a lazy bum thet can't be bothered working. He freely admits that.

Just now, Stinky Bone said:

How do you know it was half full.  I voted earlier and I couldn't see inside the ballot box.

Ahh, you tried to steal it didn't you.  

LOL, no. I could see in it though. Through the slot where the ballot paper goes. It was a plastic box rather than the usual style box that I've seen before. 

1 minute ago, Millarman said:

He does alright out of benefits. Rent paid, council tax paid, enough money for Sky tv. He is just a lazy bum thet can't be bothered working. He freely admits that.

Probably also tops up his income doing the odd wee homer too. 

16 minutes ago, Millarman said:

Same as my other half and myself. We both work hard. Our neighbour has not worked for over three years. He is fit and healthy and is or was a qualified plumber. Speaking to him he says he can't be bothered working as the dole pay his rent, council tax and he gets good benefits. He has Sky tv and up until a couple of months ago ran a car. The guy is fit and healthy and could easily work if he wanted to. And you would never believe this but he has a poster to vote for Dave Doogan of the snp in his window. Really annoys me that people like him get away with it.

Definitely a contender for a "things that didn't happen" award. Keep up the good work and you'll be a shoe in.

5 minutes ago, Millarman said:

Figures ? 🤔

See this is why I don't get when Dons_1988 - I think - says there's nothing to be gained by telling Tories they're c***s. By the representative sample we have on here, the 'decent Tory' - should that ever have been a thing - is long dead  - and they are exclusively scumbag c***s. There's no point in coddling them, particularly given the misery they inflict on everyone else. Just call them for what they are. It's up to them. 

Edited by carpetmonster

It’s marginal gains like this, all over the UK, that will make the change. Good on the pair of them
My mum and step-Dad would normally vote Tory (they did vote Brexit Party at the EU elections) in Angus but won't this time because they are away for a month on holiday.

They didn't bother with postal votes either.

2 less votes for Hairbrain.

Just now, Malky3 said:

LOL, no. I could see in it though. Through the slot where the ballot paper goes. It was a plastic box rather than the usual style box that I've seen before. 

They obviously clocked you as a Tory and swapped the boxes whilst you were in the polling booth.

An old classic.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

See this is why I don't get when Dons_1988 - I think - says there's nothing to be gained by telling Tories they're c***s. By the representative sample we have on here, the 'decent Tory' - should that ever have been a thing - is long dead  - and they are exclusively scumbag c***s. There's no point in coddling them. Just call them for what they are. It's up to them. 

That's just nonsense. Calling people names just cause they don't share your political opinions is part of the problem with Scotland right now. The venom in the division is actually way over the top and you've got the cheek to do it from the safety of Chicago! 

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

See this is why I don't get when Dons_1988 - I think - says there's nothing to be gained by telling Tories they're c***s. By the representative sample we have on here, the 'decent Tory' - should that ever have been a thing - is long dead  - and they are exclusively scumbag c***s. There's no point in coddling them. Just call them for what they are. It's up to them. 

In English please. 

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

They obviously clocked you as a Tory and swapped the boxes whilst you were in the polling booth.

An old classic.

Aye that's possible. It's an SNP area and we know that nationalists are happy committing election fraud.