General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, MONKMAN said:

If I remember correctly, you’re fairly young poster who bears a striking resemblance to Fred West with an oversized head.

What is it that the Conservative party does to win your support?

Respecting both referendum results.

Concluding Brexit.

Pledge to invest in life sciences within the NHS. 

Low taxes for when I finish Uni.

Then a few more smaller things as well.

I also don't think they are a perfect party.

However from the choices I have in my constituency they are the best option for me. 

2 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Pledge to invest in life sciences within the NHS. 

Low taxes for when I finish Uni.

Low taxes after you have benefited hugely from the tax spend on education.

Expecting an increase in funding to the NHS at the same time as lowering taxes, and having Brexit delivered which will see far more of the NHS privatised.

I don't really want to add any more to this.

Not really a surprise that the external wing of the Conservative Party acts to the benefit of its big brother. Just highlights once more that the Brexit parties have their shit together and know what they want far more than the “Remain Alliance”.

38 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hi Malky,

Can you provide evidence to back up your view that some people think the act of closing foodbanks would make society better?

Thanks.

No doubt in his warped Tory land mind, he reckons that it will force the "slackers" to "go out and get a job" etc etc.

However back in the real world, the majority who use foodbanks are actually working people who due to their low wages / zero hours contracts combined with astronomical travelling expenses, high fuel and rent costs, are in fact unable to properly feed and clothe themselves so require charity handouts on top of their wages in order just to survive.

That's our Economy for you though, pay the workers the bare minimum so ever increasing dividends can go to the shareholders and huge bonuses to the bosses, don't put anything back to build the company and then just pull the plug once you've asset stripped, dump the workers on the dole queue and move on to your next victim.

UK / US Capitalism at its finest..................

It's worth noting that the polls had the Tories further ahead a month before the 2017 election, and UKIP were scoring about the same as the Brexit Party now. Whether the BP stand or not might not be that important.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's worth noting that the polls had the Tories further ahead a month before the 2017 election, and UKIP were scoring not much less than the Brexit Party now. Whether the BP stand or not might not be that important.

The polls might be wrong and they might well change. But I can think of 317 people who will certainly think that BP not standing is very important!

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

No doubt in his warped Tory land mind, he reckons that it will force the "slackers" to "go out and get a job" etc etc.

However back in the real world, the majority who use foodbanks are actually working people who due to their low wages / zero hours contracts combined with astronomical travelling expenses, high fuel and rent costs, are in fact unable to properly feed and clothe themselves so require charity handouts on top of their wages in order just to survive.

That's our Economy for you though, pay the workers the bare minimum so ever increasing dividends can go to the shareholders and huge bonuses to the bosses, don't put anything back to build the company and then just pull the plug once you've asset stripped, dump the workers on the dole queue and move on to your next victim.

UK / US Capitalism at its finest..................

https://www.theguardian.com/money/us-money-blog/2014/nov/21/walmart-workers-rely-on-food-banks-report

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Yes and extremely topical with Asda currently in the News.

Despite what many people think, employment rights have been carefully and subtly eroded over the course of the past two decades and the majority of Unions are completely toothless and indeed useless, although some of that blame has to be aimed at the workers themselves for failing to stick together and to put only themselves first as per the current craze of narcissism and screw thy neighbour.............

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Farage: Huge change from Johnson

Nigel Farage says he has been encouraged by Boris Johnson's commitment not to extend the transition period beyond the end of 2020 and to negotiate an enhanced free trade agreement based on the EU's agreement with Canada.

He says this is a "huge change" and sounds more like the Brexit that he and others voted for. Not being in political alignment with the EU is a big step in the right direction.

Part 1 - nailed

Part 2 - New Years Honours list if Tories win... 

Nigel Farage claims he was offered peerage by Tories just THREE days ago to stand down Brexit Party candidates. "I was offered one last Friday. Ridiculous – the thought they can buy me, a high-paid job. But I’m not interested, I don’t want to know."

Part 2 - didn't even have to wait till New Year.

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Farage: Huge change from Johnson

Nigel Farage says he has been encouraged by Boris Johnson's commitment not to extend the transition period beyond the end of 2020 and to negotiate an enhanced free trade agreement based on the EU's agreement with Canada.

He says this is a "huge change" and sounds more like the Brexit that he and others voted for. Not being in political alignment with the EU is a big step in the right direction.

Part 1 - nailed

Part 2 - New Years Honours list if Tories win... 

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not sure he would enjoy the Remainer House of Lords, though. He'll be about as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit there.

I presume he'll just do what he did in the European Parliament, and not turn up.

The "honour" will add an extra ten grand a night to his appearance fees, which is the real goal. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You do realise that article was about the USA don't you?

FFS. :lol:

Wait, poverty DOES exist in America?

Huge if true  :o

Edit: sorry for quoting folks, won't happen again.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's not relevant to compare employment law in the USA with that in the UK.

Of course it is, as this country is dominated by the USA both in terms of ownership and influence.