General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I LOVE these stupid comparisons.

It's like the argument against re-nationalising the railways when people (such as you) come away with crap like "oh, back to the smoke filled carriages and jumping on moving trains".

I can't recall any "slum housing" in my area in the 70's and funnily enough, I don't recall EVER seeing any homeless people up until about five or six years ago. Now they're everywhere and littering every street corner and closed shopfront (of which there's obviously an abundance).

As for "full employment", do you SERIOUSLY believe that ??

I'd also mention that if you think Scotland is bad for Homelessness, then you should take a run down South as it's at epidemic levels, still at least they don't need to eat Egg & Greentail sandwiches on their daily commute.....................

Lucky you. But it certainly existed in the cities. Probably best not to brag about your lower middle-class / upper working class upbringing.

11 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Yep - your comprehension skills are poor too.....

Hi Malky,

Why can’t you provide evidence to back up your assertion that some people think society would be better if they closed foodbanks? Who thinks this act would make society better? Where have they expressed this opinion?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Of course  poverty exists. However most people on here are very sloppy with their language. "Homeless" - as in Shelter type stats is not the same as rough-sleeping. Rough-sleepers are not necessarily beggars. And certainly, all beggars are not rough-sleepers.

Oh dear oh dear..................

Guest Bob Mahelp

Well, at least we have official confirmation of what we all knew....that the Brexit Party under Farage and the Tories under Johnson are both simply UKIP in disguise.  I wonder how Farage is going to be rewarded when the dust settles on this fucking omnishambles ?

As to Labour, this is them almost certainly completely fucked. At least in Scotland, we've got the SNP......who should be making political hay out of this far-right alliance. 

It's about time the SNP took the kid gloves off and got stuck into these Tory fuckers. Starting with a poster campaign of Johnson being in Farage's pocket. 

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Help me here. Is that meant to be a bigger put-down than "Jesus wept"? Or a less brutal put-down. Can't quite work out who has the sharpest tongue - Fatty or Watty.

Nobody tell him!  :lol:

Edit: that includes you, Malksoft.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Well, at least we have official confirmation of what we all knew....that the Brexit Party under Farage and the Tories under Johnson are both simply UKIP in disguise.  I wonder how Farage is going to be rewarded when the dust settles on this fucking omnishambles ?

As to Labour, this is them almost certainly completely fucked. At least in Scotland, we've got the SNP......who should be making political hay out of this far-right alliance. 

It's about time the SNP took the kid gloves off and got stuck into these Tory fuckers. Starting with a poster campaign of Johnson being in Farage's pocket. 

Doubt it. There will be a need for a Labour party as far forward as the eye can see. Once Brexit is sorted, people in England will resort to old loyalties. It's already started happening with Lib Dem support slipping just because some people think Brexit is sorted.  The only reason Labour won't make a comeback in Scotland is  because SNP largely offer Labour policies anyway.

First up Farage entered negotiations with the Conservatives and pretty much gave them most of their demands with little in return other than some nice words in the press. 

What it has done is saved him most of the £150k in deposits he was likely to lose. 

The impact is in the case of a tight election, Labour would be expecting to pick a few churn seats even in event of a general over all lose to the Tories, this reduces the number of them. Plus it might save a couple of sitting Tories vs the Lib Dems and SNP as they are both expected to take a good few of off them. 

Its not a big deal unless we get a Tory majority of less than 20ish, it may mean something below that in terms of Tory seats saved.

The flip side is it might make some remain voters feel more pressurised into remain tactical votes. I.e. simply reinforcing the polarised feeling in the electorate. Be funny if lost in the post election analysis we ended up with a hung parliament because of voters who had drifted from Labour over their dithering to have come back and saved seats. 

Oh a tory was stood down today over racist and sexist tweets. Antony Calvert: I think it was over the weekend but they are trying to catch up with Labour in this race anyway. 

Everyone know about Vaz so thats not news but hard to see how he could have been endorsed. 

Candidates have to be proposed by the 15th, I think that is the last point they can be stood down as well. So a few seem to be hanging on for that date. 

I'm just going to put it out there that this Malky thing is one of the top 5 thundercunts ever to grace this site. 
Hmmm..we could argue long and hard over that, but I'm curious as to whether these Knights Of The Right have always been blinkered bawbags or whether they've worked hard to become them.

I'm fucking raging at this news.

What a bunch of absolute c***s. I'm hoping the good people of England will see through this charade but not sure they will.

Totally agree that the SNP have to go big with this. They're sewing up elections down south.

Farage’s decision is not surprising and will help herald in a majority right-wing Conservative government that will devastate the UK over the next five years.

A hard Brexit is only part of the equation but will be used as platform for many further destructive domestic and foreign policy issues.

When a government of a different colour is finally elected they will have a monumental task rebuilding and reforming what is left by Johnson and his backers.

Doubt it. There will be a need for a Labour party as far forward as the eye can see. Once Brexit is sorted, people in England will resort to old loyalties. It's already started happening with Lib Dem support slipping just because some people think Brexit is sorted.  The only reason Labour won't make a comeback in Scotland is  because SNP largely offer Labour policies anyway.
Your last point is nonsense. It's because a growing number of Scots want independence and Labour are too entrenched in 'union at all costs'

Farage’s decision is not surprising and will help herald in a majority right-wing Conservative government that will devastate the UK over the next five years.
A hard Brexit is only part of the equation but will be used as platform for many further destructive domestic and foreign policy issues.
When a government of a different colour is finally elected they will have a monumental task rebuilding and reforming what is left by Johnson and his backers.
And hopefully we will be long gone by then

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
55 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Your last point is nonsense. It's because a growing number of Scots want independence and Labour are too entrenched in 'union at all costs'

No, it's not nonsense. I think a big chunk of SNP support is not purely for independence per se, but as a vehicle to fight against and/or escape (English) Tory rule. And currently to fight Brexit. Imagine - and you'll need a good imagination - the SNP leadership were hijacked by some free market conservatives. Do you really think the SNP would still poll 40-50% in Scotland? Not a fkn chance.

The Brexit Party's poll share has dropped down pretty much like Ukip's did after winning the European elections last time around, down to 7% according to the latest YouGov poll. They're a busted flush, and I don't think bottling out of Tory seats is going to make a lot of difference.