General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-new-stop-and-search-powers-will-see-knife-thugs-before-the-courts-within-days-a4290491.html

Except underfunding of the criminal justice system (in fact the entire justice system) means courts often lie empty with not enough staff to open. 

:rolleyes: Cases are being scheduled for the middle of next year. 

Maybe if they concentrated on "real" crime as opposed to all this "I take offence to that", "he swore at me", "I was intimidated by a look he gave me", "he posted  stuff online about me" crap, then we might get on a bit better..........

I can’t be bothered with this election. Out of the candidates in Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath seat. 

Labour - Lesley Laird - comes across well enough and is Shadow Scottish Secretary.

Tories - Kathleen Leslie - controversial local councillor with a Tefal heid and she’s a Tory. Absolutely no chance.

SNP - Neale Hanvey - never heard of the man. No idea if he’s a good guy or a w**k but chances are he does like the idea of independence. 

...sigh. Can’t be bothered doing the rest. They’ve no chance under FPTP anyway.

I’m seriously pissed off with public services and I don’t think that would change much no matter which colour of politicians are in charge. However, SNP are in charge of all the bits of public services that have pissed me off, so I’m reluctant to vote for them on the off chance of Indyref2 on the never, never.

At the moment it’ll probably be Greens, Labour or cock and balls for a change. With or without the broken spunk line, that’s the real question.

EE224695-57E3-4DF3-8105-083A093E45C7.png

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Maybe if they concentrated on "real" crime as opposed to all this "I take offence to that", "he swore at me", "I was intimidated by a look he gave me", "he posted  stuff online about me" crap, then we might get on a bit better..........

"Old man yells at cloud" type post. 

10 minutes ago, The OP said:

"Old man yells at cloud" type post. 

Maybe, but it's True.

I'm 100% in favour of longer sentences for violent crimes and repeat offenders, however I'd be looking to get a grip on all the trivial crap that our courts and Police are currently burdened with as frankly we don't have the resources to cope.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Untitled.png

I'm gobsmacked.... that's only like 5% SNP and 95% communism.

Shame they had to f**k up the 5% bit so badly though. They know full well some SNP voters switching to Labour would only benefit the tory candidates.

Neale Harvey is a good guy

I can’t be bothered with this election. Out of the candidates in Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath seat. 
Labour - Lesley Laird - comes across well enough and is Shadow Scottish Secretary.
Tories - Kathleen Leslie - controversial local councillor with a Tefal heid and she’s a Tory. Absolutely no chance.
SNP - Neale Hanvey - never heard of the man. No idea if he’s a good guy or a w**k but chances are he does like the idea of independence. 
...sigh. Can’t be bothered doing the rest. They’ve no chance under FPTP anyway.
I’m seriously pissed off with public services and I don’t think that would change much no matter which colour of politicians are in charge. However, SNP are in charge of all the bits of public services that have pissed me off, so I’m reluctant to vote for them on the off chance of Indyref2 on the never, never.
At the moment it’ll probably be Greens, Labour or cock and balls for a change. With or without the broken spunk line, that’s the real question.
EE224695-57E3-4DF3-8105-083A093E45C7.thumb.png.3ac83acf70ecf7ed2ae6791cbe10bb9d.png

I’ve effectively switched off from the coverage of this election, it’s making me depressed.

The next few years are going to be shit for the most vulnerable people in Scotland and the whole of the U.K. and there’s f**k all we can do about it.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve effectively switched off from the coverage of this election, it’s making me depressed.

The next few years are going to be shit for the most vulnerable people in Scotland and the whole of the U.K. and there’s f**k all we can do about it.

Me too, I switch off the likes of Newsnight and C4 news minutes after switching them on. Still think there's a potential of a Corbyn surge and a Tory near wipe out in Scotland though, the pollsters have lost the plot for the last few years, especially in relating national to constituency. Even just Ian Duncan Smith losing his seat would be a cheery moment on the 13th, if we're doomed to more of this mindless shite.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There is. We just won't do anything about it.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I got a Labour leaflet through yesterday. It only briefly mentioned the SNP. I was quite surprised.

Know a few folk who are heavy active in the party these days that voted Yes and have been battling to get the party veterans to realise that relentlessly bashing the 45% of the electorate who are generally more politically engaged isn't a good strategy. Good luck to them though as I couldn't be arsed engaging with the party leadership who thought the SNP were the real enemy.

7 hours ago, cyderspaceman said:

It's just 'myriad', not 'myriad of' and 'gist' not 'jist'. 

I'm educating you, nothing else.

Hmmm. Not sure your rite about this myriad thingy. Just deal with the posters points. If your going to literally attack them for there English, you'll need to be perfect yourself. Likes.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/20133/what-is-the-correct-usage-of-myriad

12 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hmmm. Not sure your rite about this myriad thingy. Just deal with the posters points. If your going to literally attack them for there English, you'll need to be perfect yourself. Likes.

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/20133/what-is-the-correct-usage-of-myriad

THEIR

you're welcome.