Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

I'm inclined to think that Charles won't be king in the same way as Joe Biden won't be running for a second term as president.

These folk spend their whole lives dreaming of the day they'll get their hands on the top job. Maybe they'll contemplate turning it down, or giving it up early, but when it comes down to it, they'll need to be removed in a pine box.

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The fact he'll be a young monarch will probably mean he'll try to get involved in stuff though which might be his undoing. If he just sat back, went on the odd holiday, waved at c***s and did a bit of troop inspecting then I think folk might tolerate it. But I think he's daft enough to think his duty is to stick his nose in. 

So he'll just continue doing what his old man and granny have been doing for decades .

We need to get rid of this Crown Consent shite. 

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The fact he'll be a young monarch will probably mean he'll try to get involved in stuff though which might be his undoing. If he just sat back, went on the odd holiday, waved at c***s and did a bit of troop inspecting then I think folk might tolerate it. But I think he's daft enough to think his duty is to stick his nose in. 

I think you're maybe underestimating how many people would be indifferent to, or would indeed welcome, more interference from the unelected Head of State.

He'd need to be smart enough to stay populist, though.

28 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You might be right about the Aussies but I think Charles will abdicate faster than the Rangers* defence in the second half last night. Wills has been erm "groomed" too extensively to have to wait 30 odd years for a go, at whatever it is a King does.

Charles won't last 30 odd years, despite his granny making it to 101, his dad to nearly 100 and his mum to 95 and counting

11 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

So he'll just continue doing what his old man and granny have been doing for decades .

You make a fair point, Chuck persuading John Reid to get homeopathy on the NHS was a particular disgrace but I mean more overtly. I've heard talk of a "more visible monarchy" which won't help them in the long run imo.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think you're maybe underestimating how many people would be indifferent to, or would indeed welcome, more interference from the unelected Head of State.

He'd need to be smart enough to stay populist, though.

And populist for the UK means England which means being a fucking arsehole as far as I can tell. Which won't help him up here. 

20 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

You make a fair point, Chuck persuading John Reid to get homeopathy on the NHS was a particular disgrace but I mean more overtly. I've heard talk of a "more visible monarchy" which won't help them in the long run imo.

And populist for the UK means England which means being a fucking arsehole as far as I can tell. Which won't help him up here. 

Those are just weasel words bandied about by Royalist lickspittles such as Witchell and the BBC. It'll be a cold day in hell before Brenda / Jug Ears & Co. decide to give the serfs a window into their ill-gotten wealth and political gerrymandering etc.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Surely the only possible outcome in this case will be an out of court settlement, financed by Brenda. Of course it will never be disclosed how much she will have had to fork out, and the message will be put out that Virginia Giuffre has  dropped her action as she now realises she was mistaken with her accusations.

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

A friend of mine went to uni with him and said he was a charmless, humourless jobbie only tolerated at social events because his close protection geezers were a good laugh. Which would put him streets ahead of the rest of his family tbf.

I read somewhere that his girlfriends had to address him as "Sir".

There was a story doing the rounds some years ago, when Andrew was trying to arrange golf lessons with Sam Torrance , and attempted to contact him by phone.

Torrance's son Daniel took the call, and asked who was calling.

"This is The Duke of York", said the caller.

Daniel shouts to his father : "Dad, that's some pub on the phone wanting to speak to you"