Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

I'm more concerned by the absolute deification and obsession with them that British society has, more so than any monies they take from their subjects. It means that we'll never be rid of them in our lifetimes.

They appear to be an exceptionally boring group of people, yet some people are fascinated by them, and we're bombarded by tedious information about their lives. Every family could be given a day as the "Royal Family" on a rotation basis, provided with the monies meant for the Windsors on that day, and would likely provide better juicy tabloid prurience for fans of the royal soap opera.

Quite liking that idea, actually. Run a daily lottery to select a different elderly woman on the state pension and make her the Head of State, with all related monies. The cameras can follow her about doing "royal duties" (f**k all) and interview her about the wrong 'uns in her family for entertainment. When one of them screams racist abuse at foreign dignitaries, we can all pretend it's just japes and that everyone abroad loves her, really.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

For me, if we get rid of them then we end up electing a president. 

Knowing the English electorate, we'll end up with President Farage.

Nigel Farage has lost 7/7 times standing as an individual candidate for election in the UK.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

So, I'm sure this will have been asked before, and perhaps on this thread, but is there any justification for the royal family to exist?

The usual claims are:

Tourism - this is a classic conflation of tourists coming to visit and tourists coming to visit the Queen. Take Buckingham Palace, the vast majority of people when asked "would you still come here if the Queen was there" said yes. The home of the House of Windsor, Windsor Castle, has less visitors than Chester Zoo. The idea that the royals are integral to tourists coming here is just wrong, plain wrong.

The make us money - how? Just how? Through tourism? Well that's easily debunked. By adding to the public coffers? Don't be daft, she and her family earn money from land that they claimed through violence. If I decide to kick down your door, kill your family then claim your garden would I get to keep it then ask you for taxes, after which I demand you pay for the upkeep? Of course not. The simple fact is the royal family is a drain on the public purse, not a revenue income.

Charity - Often trotted out by those wrapped in a "Diana People's Princess" flag. Are we seriously claiming the only people who can fluff up a WI meeting is someone who costs a fucking fortune to ship around the country. Yeah. this is grasping at straws.

There is absolutely no justification for the royal family to exist, they are an anachronism, an insult to the ideals of equity, and a drain on the public purse. Get the fuckers in the sea, reclaim the stolen land and remove any ideas of the monarchy being patronised in an independent Scotland.

They were chosen by God

36 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Yeah, imagine if the UK had a massive racist and his German wife as head of state.

Ex wife. He was however married to her when he gave the rant about Romanians not speaking English on the train, and demanded all people speak English in public, then was overheard speaking to his wife in German. I guess that's ok, because most Germans aren't that 'awkward brown colour' he dislikes so much.

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They were chosen by God

Just another reason to get shot of these freeloaders. Invent your own church then claim God appointed you and your successors.

I wonder if God also chose Andrew to touch up young girls?

Edited by Ric

22 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nigel Farage has lost 7/7 times standing as an individual candidate for election in the UK.

Indeed, it's almost as if the man is not popular other than in a select few echo chambers.

What is more stunning is that Johnson who is just as culpable as Farage and Cummings is in power, and going by his majority, the slackjawed Brexity types will keep him there.

All this is just more grist to the mill of independence.

4 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ex wife. He was however married to her when he gave the rant about Romanians not speaking English on the train, and demanded all people speak English in public, then was overheard speaking to his wife in German. I guess that's ok, because most Germans aren't that awkward brown colour he dislikes so much.

Just another reason to get shot of these freeloaders. Invent your own church then claim God appointed you and your successors.

Paedophilia isn't in the 10 commandments, so i think that means God tacitly approves. So long as she doesn't live next door because you're not allowed to covet your neighbour's ass. 

Apologies 

54 minutes ago, Ric said:

Wouldn't surprise me. The Bible is one of the filthiest books you can buy and yet it's available to children - in fact, encouraged in some quarters.

There's a passage in it where an angry mob is chasing a couple of men, who seek refuge in a house. They offer the owner a lot of money if he'll disperse the mob, so he speaks to the leader and offers to let them gang-rape his two virgin teenage daughters if they'll just piss off and leave him alone.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Wouldn't surprise me. The Bible is one of the filthiest books you can buy and yet it's available to children - in fact, encouraged in some quarters.

There's a passage in it where an angry mob is chasing a couple of men, who seek refuge in a house. They offer the owner a lot of money if he'll disperse the mob, so he speaks to the leader and offers to let them gang-rape his two virgin teenage daughters if they'll just piss off and leave him alone.

The Old Testament is funny af, I love God botherers coming round the house and having to defend it as it's a core tenet to all the Abrahamic monotheistic faiths. For funsies, look up Ezekiel 23:20, maybe just don't do it at work.

Seriously, people who still believe in a God after they reach adulthood should be treated with the same sort of concern as those who still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

They were chosen by God

actually, i think the line was......

See the source image

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Paedophilia isn't in the 10 commandments, so i think that means God tacitly approves. So long as she doesn't live next door because you're not allowed to covet your neighbour's ass. 

Apologies 

even as an atheist, i know there is a debate about there actually being more that 10, ''thou shalt not indulge in nonce behaviour'' is almost certain to feature somewhere in the ''lost'' tablets of stone.

Edited by Meldrew

So here is a question, which do we think is more plausible...

1) People adopted the local laws from the surrounding area, such as modern day Turkey and Syria. These laws were recorded and are strikingly similar to the commandments.

..or..

2) Some bloke made up some shit about how he met "God" on top of a mountain after a thunderstorm and this "God" carved the commandments into stone. Those commandments, remember, are still very similar to the local laws of the surrounding lands.

All prophetic stories are ridiculous nonsense, whether it's the Jesus claiming to create wine from water or Mohammed claiming to "ride lightning" (no, not a Metallica album!) 100's of miles to the temple mount.

Edited by Ric

53 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

even as an atheist, i know there is a debate about there actually being more that 10, ''thou shalt not indulge in nonce behaviour'' is almost certain to feature somewhere in the ''lost'' tablets of stone.

Edited by GordonD