Dundee Hibernian v Edinburgh Hibernian

It never should have got to a replay, tbf. Astounded to see Connolly attempt to time waste and United have ten men behind the ball.. at 2-1 down. 

Still to be impressed by Liam Smith, too. Thought Connolly was alright tonight strangely. 

I said it after the first game, I'll say it again. That boy Powers is fucking rotten. 

Dundee United, horsed out the Cup by a Hibernian side playing Steven Whittaker in midfield and an absolute joke at right back - "but, but, but Shankland scored!"

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee United, horsed out the Cup by a Hibernian side playing Steven Whittaker in midfield and an absolute joke at right back - "but, but, but Shankland scored!"

He scored twice in two games for a Championship side against Premiership opposition.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Whitty was immense tonight, to be fair - the official man of the match. He's actually still a pretty good footballer, unless you actually need him to get somewhere fast.

Poor from Neilson leaving Watson out the side (unless he had a knock). The stats are there to be seen. We came close to breaking the club record for minutes without losing a goal with Watson at CH. Now we're back to Connolly / Reynolds we're shipping goals again - the goals we lost tonight were shocking. To lose one goal from a corner is poor, but two is appalling. 

Also had,  as yet, to convinced one way or the other on Powers. Was decent v Partick on his debut.  Some middling to abject performances since then, but tonight was just awful. He can pass a ball 5 yards no bother, (so can my mum), but anything above that and we don't see the ball again. FFS Sporle had to catch one of his passes. 

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Whitty was immense tonight, to be fair - the official man of the match. He's actually still a pretty good footballer, unless you actually need him to get somewhere fast.

Watching him effortlessly dribble past 4 Dundee Utd players was a hell of a thing to see, if only he'd buried it in the bottom corner it would have been beautiful.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He scored twice in two games for a Championship side against Premiership opposition.

Better add another £5m to his fee then.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Poor from Neilson leaving Watson out the side (unless he had a knock). The stats are there to be seen. We came close to breaking the club record for minutes without losing a goal with Watson at CH. Now we're back to Connolly / Reynolds we're shipping goals again - the goals we lost tonight were shocking. To lose one goal from a corner is poor, but two is appalling. 

Also had,  as yet, to convinced one way or the other on Powers. Was decent v Partick on his debut.  Some middling to abject performances since then, but tonight was just awful. He can pass a ball 5 yards no bother, (so can my mum), but anything above that and we don't see the ball again. FFS Sporle had to catch one of his passes. 

I should say, that's a very negative post I've put there. Over the two games we've ran a good Premier league team close. A few changes needed to the side for next season no doubt, but nothing for us to be too down about. 

Pawlett can f**k off. Neilson ballsed it up by keeping him and Harkes on for so long. Poor goals to give away but happy with how we competed against a top 6 team. The few hundred or so Hibs fans that turned up will go home happy

Disappointing but hey ho.  This was always a tough draw and getting as far as we did is encouraging.  I look forward to watching the goals.

Shankland, two in two against a Premiership side is not too shabby.

Shankland is at his level now hope clubs aren't conned by him not worth the price tag going about . huge gamble at a higher level