Saints v Buddies 21/12/19

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Great effort from the buddies. Puts us to shame.

No need to be ashamed. There are just some teams with shite away supports. St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ferranti Thistle, Ross County. It’s just the way it is.

Yo, ho, ho, etc. 😀

No need to be ashamed. There are just some teams with shite away supports. St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ferranti Thistle, Ross County. It’s just the way it is.
Yo, ho, ho, etc. [emoji3]
Our away support is actually very good of taken as a proportion of our home support, which is admittedly poor.
I'd also defend County here. Usually a decent away following from them at McDiarmid, certainly better than some comparable teams like Livingston, ICT etc.

Just now, The Marly said:

Our away support is actually very good of taken as a proportion of our home support, which is admittedly poor.
I'd also defend County here. Usually a decent away following from them at McDiarmid, certainly better than some comparable teams like Livingston, ICT etc.

Ach, I was only kidding on to be fair. The ‘best’ away supports at our gaff, in regard to numbers, AND not being complete arseholes, are Killie, Aberdeen, Partick, Hibs, and Morton. Just my opinion!

2 hours ago, christinanade said:

He also said he wasn't given a fair chance which was true. He was criticised after his debut for trying too hard to dictate play and impress. If he'd just have ran around chasing crisp packets and kicking people he would of been in the team as a first pick.

Thompson is one of the worst strikers to ever wear the strip.  Almost single handedly got us relegated with his lazy big time attitude in a year when our midfield was excellent and creating chances for fun. I will never ever forget him in one game getting countless balls played down the side to him and him just stood still, arms out, moaning, refusing to move as it wasn't to his feet. One of the worst things I've ever witnessed. And as if that wasn't bad enough, when we got relegated, he said oh I don't want it to end like this and kept playing on next season, almost getting us relegated for a second season running. We only survived and picked up when he was finally dropped and punted. Will never forgive him or forget when we were fighting relegation and he was pretending like he wasn't part of it, faking injury, even laughing about it on sportscence with his bbc gravy train pals who were pointing out he was running around the studio acting like a daft wee lassie just fine, when he was supposed to be unable to walk and crippled with a knee injury and a torn hamstring. And then there's the fact he threw a spear through mcginns leg because he nutmegged him 😂 Can't be showing big time stevie up in front of the boys. I used tae be a Burnly reserve! Oh but that's only banter, it's ok lads.

But hey think what you will. We're all entitled to an opinion.

Other than that, totally agree though "mate".

I see there's a particularly potent batch of heroin doing the rounds. 

Fucking hell. 

He also said he wasn't given a fair chance which was true. He was criticised after his debut for trying too hard to dictate play and impress. If he'd just have ran around chasing crisp packets and kicking people he would of been in the team as a first pick.
Thompson is one of the worst strikers to ever wear the strip.  Almost single handedly got us relegated with his lazy big time attitude in a year when our midfield was excellent and creating chances for fun. I will never ever forget him in one game getting countless balls played down the side to him and him just stood still, arms out, moaning, refusing to move as it wasn't to his feet. One of the worst things I've ever witnessed. And as if that wasn't bad enough, when we got relegated, he said oh I don't want it to end like this and kept playing on next season, almost getting us relegated for a second season running. We only survived and picked up when he was finally dropped and punted. Will never forgive him or forget when we were fighting relegation and he was pretending like he wasn't part of it, faking injury, even laughing about it on sportscence with his bbc gravy train pals who were pointing out he was running around the studio acting like a daft wee lassie just fine, when he was supposed to be unable to walk and crippled with a knee injury and a torn hamstring. And then there's the fact he threw a spear through mcginns leg because he nutmegged him [emoji23] Can't be showing big time stevie up in front of the boys. I used tae be a Burnly reserve! Oh but that's only banter, it's ok lads.
[emoji23]Fucking hell

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Great effort from the buddies. Puts us to shame.

Mind that, multiple year, phase you went through where you said you'd happily see us lose every game to Aberdeen and finish 10th if it meant they won the league?

3 hours ago, christinanade said:

Thompson is one of the worst strikers to ever wear the strip.  Almost single handedly got us relegated with his lazy big time attitude in a year when our midfield was excellent and creating chances for fun. I will never ever forget him in one game getting countless balls played down the side to him and him just stood still, arms out, moaning, refusing to move as it wasn't to his feet. One of the worst things I've ever witnessed. And as if that wasn't bad enough, when we got relegated, he said oh I don't want it to end like this and kept playing on next season, almost getting us relegated for a second season running. We only survived and picked up when he was finally dropped and punted. Will never forgive him or forget when we were fighting relegation and he was pretending like he wasn't part of it, faking injury, even laughing about it on sportscence with his bbc gravy train pals who were pointing out he was running around the studio acting like a daft wee lassie just fine, when he was supposed to be unable to walk and crippled with a knee injury and a torn hamstring. And then there's the fact he threw a spear through mcginns leg because he nutmegged him 😂 Can't be showing big time stevie up in front of the boys. I used tae be a Burnly reserve! Oh but that's only banter, it's ok lads.

Hadn't realised the host of Sportscene had a P&B account

Screenshot_20191219-182531.thumb.png.109f22fae8b40a868877885fa8b21fa3.png

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Anyone ITK know what Kane's injury is/was?

Also some talk of Holt still carrying a niggle from Saturday. Holt has been pretty useful last couple of games. Guess that if we want to keep the same shape it would be Spoony or Craig in there, which seems awfy defensive for a home game. 

player has injury midweek... starts on Saturday... TW's mind games are a tad predictable now.

Says the boy that's missed half the season.....

Missed more than half, only been to about 2 games! Although I don’t live in Perth anymore, so that’s my excuse.

Mind that, multiple year, phase you went through where you said you'd happily see us lose every game to Aberdeen and finish 10th if it meant they won the league?

Phase? I’d love that to happen this season - at least we’d be staying up!

11 hours ago, stuckinthecarpark said:

player has injury midweek... starts on Saturday... TW's mind games are a tad predictable now.

Thanks, useful. 

Returning the question, I can't see any mention at all of what's happened to Kane. No mention until the teams were announced last week, and nothing since. That's a wee bit unusual for us.  I'm thinking Holt will be back as at the time he seemed to be saying he was OK to continue.  I'd imagine we'll hear today in the Saints TV interview. 

So if they are out, I'd go:

Clark

Ralston  Gordon  Kerr  Booth

McCann

MOH  Davidson Wotherspoon Kennedy

Hendry

If Holt is fit, swap for Wotherspoon. If Kane is fit, no change. 

12 hours ago, stuckinthecarpark said:

Are you trying to claim hes made Holts injury up? His ankle got stamped on and it forced him to be subbed off in our last game.

Really hard game to predict. Our record against StJohnstone is woeful home or away.

We have done incredibly well to pick up 4 points against Accies and Livi with our injury crisis at the back. Going forward we are looking dangerous, Obika and Junior are gelling well together and don't stop hassling for 90 minutes. I can't see the Perth Saints crumbling like they did in Paisley, we'll need to be very good on the ball.

Both are scoring goals and conceding. Would take a point from this game tbh but with Hearts playing Hamilton it's a good chance to build a bit of a gap from the bottom.