The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

On 20/12/2019 at 21:21, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Christmas is crap cannae wait til it’s finished blah blah blah

Christmas is absolutely superb, if you want it to be.  Time with the kids, no work, great food, recharging the batteries, early beers, late night cheeseboard, long lies, short naps, watching movies, guid presents, doing stuff you’ve never done or choosing to do nothing. Choose Christmas. 

Yeah, if you have family to spend it with, can afford good presents, have a job you can enjoy time off from, don't have to worry about Christmas debt, are not affected by the dark nights....

Christmas is superb if you have it all.

Choose Christmas and think of others less well off, even invite someone you know is alone round for dinner, there is always too much anyway.

Going round to the girlfriends Dads flat for Xmas dinner this year, will be 15 adults and 5 kids in a 3 bed flat so will be pretty crazy. Got my nephew staying at ours for 4 nights so there will be 2 toddlers in the house for Christmas Day so I’m looking forward to that the most, boxing day will be the best day as don’t have to go anywhere and lots of football on.

Cooking for 17. Busy busy busy from waking up until the various family members leave at 7ish.

Can’t really grumble though as the kids like it, it’s once a year, I’m off until the 6th January and I should even get to the pub for a couple of days.

Heading over to Fife tomorrow to spend Xmas with my mum and dad. Need to head to the butchers at North Berwick for the turkey and all the other stuff first. Will be going to my aunt and uncles on Xmas night, sadly my uncle is suffering from dementia, so it won't be easy, but hopefully having all the family there will help him a bit.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Going round to the girlfriends Dads flat for Xmas dinner this year, will be 15 adults and 5 kids in a 3 bed flat so will be pretty crazy. Got my nephew staying at ours for 4 nights so there will be 2 toddlers in the house for Christmas Day so I’m looking forward to that the most, boxing day will be the best day as don’t have to go anywhere and lots of football on.

Not much room to get your little soldier out there, throbs.

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Cooking for 17. Busy busy busy from waking up until the various family members leave at 7ish.

Can’t really grumble though as the kids like it, it’s once a year, I’m off until the 6th January and I should even get to the pub for a couple of days.

You deserve to saty in the pub for a couple of days, if you're cooking for 17.

Who's doing the washing up...

52 minutes ago, philpy said:

Heading over to Fife tomorrow to spend Xmas with my mum and dad. Need to head to the butchers at North Berwick for the turkey and all the other stuff first. Will be going to my aunt and uncles on Xmas night, sadly my uncle is suffering from dementia, so it won't be easy, but hopefully having all the family there will help him a bit.

You enjoy being back in the Kingdom, mate.  Getting time away fae the wallys and panners in your normal environs will do you good.  You'll be able to check if you've lost any of your cowdengellyphinnans twang tae 😀😀

i love xmas..from about the 15th Dec right through to the day itself....

but does anyone else have the thing when the clock ticks over from xmas day to boxing day then thats it..enough. 

I dont go as far as some as my neighbours who although they put their tree up mid November, all the decorations come down Boxing Day.  But from Boxing Day onwards I cant watch any xmas films, or dont want to listen to the xmas tunes that 24 hours before I was singing along to.  Strange behaviour from me admitedly.  I think it stems from childhood trauma when i got taken to a Pantomime in January. Just didnt seem right...

Third Christmas away from the friends and family. This year the wife is working Christmas day and then goes into hospital on Hogmanay for surgery to beat the insurance costs.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

So, you've got an empty, is what I'm hearing...