Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

Not made many games this season so looking to get to this tomorrow. What is the parking like around East End Park?

Tbh the way things are going I think we’ll struggle to finish top 4 now, although like it’s been said everyone is beating everyone so a few weeks and a lot can change in this league. Just hope for our sake it goes in the right direction.
Which way are you coming? If you come from via Kincardine there is a free car park near the ground at Leys Park (turn left at the big roundabout after the shopping centre and retail park and it's on your right) although it's a bugger to get away from, Bellyeoman Road (next road on your right after the mini-roundabout for the car park) has on-street parking and is a 10 minute walk. If you're coming via the Forth Bridge then there is plenty of on-street parking in the side streets off Halbeath Road (on your left as you approach the ground). There is also an official car park that costs (IIRC) £2 which is handy if you can't walk far.

Which way are you coming? If you come from via Kincardine there is a free car park near the ground at Leys Park (turn left at the big roundabout after the shopping centre and retail park and it's on your right) although it's a bugger to get away from, Bellyeoman Road (next road on your right after the mini-roundabout for the car park) has on-street parking and is a 10 minute walk. If you're coming via the Forth Bridge then there is plenty of on-street parking in the side streets off Halbeath Road (on your left as you approach the ground). There is also an official car park that costs (IIRC) £2 which is handy if you can't walk far.

I’ll be coming from the Kincardine side so will check out the on-street parking. Good man cheers [emoji106]

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Injuries and suspensions don't affect us any more or less than full time teams, why would they?

Having 20 more bookings than Dunfermline will certainly have an adverse effect.

Edited by Adam101

Having 20 more bookings than Dunfermline will certainly have an adverse effect.

36 bookings spread over 17 players. 2 have already been suspended, 3 more are close to being suspended but 12 of them don't even have any more than 2 [emoji23]

Point is us being part time isn't why we are getting bookings and part time players don't get injuries any more than FT teams either, injuries and suspensions affect us the exact same as everyone else. Just depends on who it is...

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

36 bookings spread over 17 players. 2 have already been suspended, 3 more are close to being suspended but 12 of them don't even have any more than 2 emoji23.png

Point is us being part time isn't why we are getting bookings and part time players don't get injuries any more than FT teams either, injuries and suspensions affect us the exact same as everyone else. Just depends on who it is...

Really? Why do you have more bookings than any other team in the league, I would say it has something to do with less skillful players which has quite a lot to do with being part time? 

I would agree about injuries don't think there will be much of a correlation between part time teams and injuries.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Great reasoning, I take it you mean being part time allows you to have a better quality squad who are more technically advanced and don't pick up daft bookings and that the bookings you have collected are nothing more than unlucky?

Great reasoning, I take it you mean being part time allows you to have a better quality squad who are more technically advanced and don't pick up daft bookings and that the bookings you have collected are nothing more than unlucky?

So...

Alloa are part time and have more skilful players than Morton, ICT, Ayr, Dundee and Qots then?

Dunfermline have the most skilful players in the league???? [emoji23]

Dundee have 2 less yellow cards than we do.

The bookings we have collected aren't unlucky either, were a tough team full of experienced players who know when to take a booking and get stuck in. Skill has absolutely f**k all to do with it. Bizarre shout.

We have zero red cards either. Speaks volumes.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Alloa are part time and have more skilful players than Morton, ICT, Ayr, Dundee and Qots then?

Dunfermline have the most skilful players in the league???? emoji23.png

Dundee have 2 less yellow cards than we do.

The bookings we have collected aren't unlucky either, were a tough team full of experienced players who know when to take a booking and get stuck in. Skill has absolutely f**k all to do with it. Bizarre shout.

We have zero red cards either. Speaks volumes.

I would say knowing when to take a booking and when not is an important part of footballers skill however I would say that Dunfermline don't do this often enough and yourselves and Dundee who have a calamity at the back probably pick up to many bookings.

I would say from what I've seen Alloa have more disciplined players than the teams you have mentioned - but them Alloa have had Dunfermline's card for years.

Back to the Ayr game - I would stick Gill back in goals and pray that either Murray or Lang is fit enough to play at CH

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

36 bookings spread over 17 players. 2 have already been suspended, 3 more are close to being suspended but 12 of them don't even have any more than 2 emoji23.png

You have already got players getting suspended through acumylated bookings? That’s pretty unusual. in terms of injuries I agreee that PT isn’t significantly likely to create more injuries but looking at squad numbers you and Alloa are running with small squads which results in injury to an individual having bigger impact.

Edited by parsforlife

You have already got players getting suspended through acumylated bookings? That’s pretty usual. in terms of injuries I agreee that PT isn’t significantly likely to create more injuries but looking at squad numbers you and Alloa are running with small squads which results in injury to an individual having bigger impact.

Tbf mate we've sent back 2 players to Hibs and have someone out on loan ourself. Think we have been playing with 22 for most of the season. Anyway do not wish to derail this thread further, hopefully it's a draw plus a victory for us which would help us leap up a few spots [emoji14]

38 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Forgot how dirty ayr were last time. Geggan nearly decapitated paton.

Was that not retaliation for Paton blatantly kicking Docherty? I'm pretty sure Paton had it coming.

How Geggan stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Was that not retaliation for Paton blatantly kicking Docherty? I'm pretty sure Paton had it coming.

How Geggan stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Oh yeah, the game was poorly handled by the ref and reminded me of the time when you came to town intent on giving us a physical going over a few years previously.

From the stands you can tell when a team is intentionally leaving the boot in or being cynical but somehow the ref never sees it until someone gets a bad injury. I’m not saying we haven’t ever been like this or are angels but I’ve only witnessed it four times in the last decade at eep.

Ayr, Arbroath, Peterhead and Forfar. In the Peterhead and Forfar games the ref said f**k this and dealt with it early leading to multiple red cards.

Ayr came out determined to bully us and falkingham got absolutely flattened by Adams, stick on red card. Not even a yellow. Minutes later fordyce gets his leg and ankle broken, don’t even think a free kick was awarded. It’s games like this where the ref needs a bit of savvy and show early reds.

That said I hope geggan and Paton go mental.