Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, red23 said:
f**k it i'll post it, 100% an old firm supporter, paranoid and full of rage. The comments section if you open it in facebook is just as bad.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Na mate, the OF ceased to exist 8 years ago.

Take it up with your fellow diddy then.  His terminology, not mine.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Imperial College Covid 19 response team now saying that the "best case" scenario for the UK is 250,000. 30% of cases will end up in hospital and half of those will die. Their previously used models are a lot of shite.

This is some caper.

A 15 percent death rate is miles above anywhere else has experienced

Even Italy are at 7 percent and that's against only known tested cases

I am in hairmyres just now. Was sent up to query covid I think but they seem pretty sure I don't have it. Normally I'd get sent home and brought back for xray tomorrow but it's so crazy here they don't know what the lie of the land will be tomorrow. 

I had to park in the car park and phone them when I got here. Then about 40 min utes later a nurse came out with mask etc and took me in a shady side door, had to put on a mask straight away and have been isolated. Not allowed to go to the toilet (pish in a bottle then it gets destroyed - f**k knows about shitting), everyone that comes to see me is properly masked up and overalls on and stuff. A doctor came in and stood about 10 mins ago and I aske him what he'd lost - turns out they were moving a guy outside that they're really worried about and he was just staying out the way. 

Pretty scary stuff, although at the same time if this is what needs to be done then so be it 🤷‍♂️ 

Pretty clear as well that they're struggling with what they have to do, basically because they don't have a fucking clue. Asked a doc, if you show symptoms you've to isolate, but what if you're high risk and you show symptoms, what should you do then? His chat - that's just it mate, we don't know, we don't have a clue, noone knows. Sobering stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Firstly Wullie hope all is ok.

The final paragraph sums it all up, we're getting conflicting advice, everyone is doing different things.

Certainly in primary care we've been seeing people who are coming in with one thing only to tell you they've also got symptoms that could be Covid.  Today I had a kid with an throat infection, brought in by mum who is coughing like a lumb and feels a bit hot.  Protective equipment, nope.  It's a shambles.

Anyway the other half is home soon where she is reasonably senior in critical care, they've had a shocker today also as the information keeps changing and no bugger knows what is happening.

It won't be long until staff are dropping.

ETA it's only fucking Monday.

:angel

All the best for the guys on here with underlying conditions. Wish you well. 

I've been told to self isolate for 7 days yet in the media folk are saying 14. Sore throat, aching bones, and a temperature and shivering. I'm relatively fit and healthy and no conditions. I can deal with it but the though of possibly passing it on to someone who can't handle it is terrifying 

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

All the best for the guys on here with underlying conditions. Wish you well. 

I've been told to self isolate for 7 days yet in the media folk are saying 14. Sore throat, aching bones, and a temperature and shivering. I'm relatively fit and healthy and no conditions. I can deal with it but the though of possibly passing it on to someone who can't handle it is terrifying 

Are you on your own? I watched the 4.30 pm press conference and they said the 14 days is for entire households to self-isolate, 7 days for the person who had it and 7 days for the others. I don't really remember why but it made sense at the time. Maybe if you're a billy no mates it's just the first 7 you need?