Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Was in Asda the other day before the chaos really kicked in and watched a few people while i was in the aisle to pickup some noodles which is the same as the pasta aisle.
There wasn't one person who walked passed the pasta an didn't take one. It was a clear attitude of "it's there may as well get it anyway" This is pretty much what's happening people aren't engaging their brains its just an automatic "ah this is in demand i'll get it anyway" and this is the sort of brainless attitude thats causing all the shotages and making the panic buying worse.
Lassie on my facebook bought an 18 pack of bog roll, she didn't need it, but took it anyway and said she'd trade it for some vodka.
The issue is even the sane thinking people who understand it's a farce are basically forced to engage in that behaviour otherwise you won't get anyhin as the arseholes won't stop. It's a vicious circle.

9 minutes ago, red23 said:

Lassie on my facebook bought an 18 pack of bog roll, she didn't need it, but took it anyway and said she'd trade it for some vodka.

I'd consider it, but I'm trying to convert my vodka into hand sanitiser by freezing it to increase the alcohol strength to the minimum 60% recommended.

Using Freezing to Enrich the Alcohol Content of Vodka
One handy trick for increasing the alcohol percentage of vodka, particularly if it's lower in alcohol content than 40 proof, is to apply a technique known as freeze distillation. This can be achieved by pouring the vodka in an open container, such as a bowl, and placing it in the freezer. Once the liquid cools below the freezing point of water, one or more ice cubes may be added to the bowl. The ice cubes serve as crystallization nuclei, much like using a seed crystal to grow larger crystals for a science project. The free water in the vodka will crystallize (form ice), leaving behind a higher concentration of alcohol.

I know someone who claims to have it, and a girl up my gran’s bit has it.

I presume it’ll be just a matter of time until we know more and more folk who catch it. A friend was all upset telling me we’ll know folk who’ll die but I’m just not getting that vibe yet. Hope I’m right!

22 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

12 weeks = late June. Will the media focus on 12 weeks or Brexit deadline once we get to that stage?

Plus he wants to enact “emergency” powers for 2 years. Something doesn’t add up.

He’s dug a hole with the 12 weeks thing but it could be twist or bust for the useless lying buffoon .

Mrs Par shouted at three guys squaring up to each other in the queue in a shop earlier. Poor lads are probably still quaking in their boots.

This evening she has had chest pains, persistent dry cough and a temperature of 39 degrees C.

Applications now being taken for the next Mrs Par. Please send CV, recent photo and covering letter. 

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

It really would be no surprise if the old f**k this up again either. A generation of selfish arseholes. 

Brexit voting, Tory voting. Anti immigration. How can we expect them not to behave like absolute wankers. 

Image result for american psycho gif

Just now, L'immortale Par said:

Mrs Par shouted at three guys squaring up to each other in the queue in a shop earlier. Poor lads are probably still quaking in their boots.

This evening she has had chest pains, persistent dry cough and a temperature of 39 degrees C.

Applications now being taken for the next Mrs Par. Please send CV, recent photo and covering letter. 

@Jambomo

Can I be best man, assuming we all survive?

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Indeed.... every little does count. Like every little greedy b*****d flooding a supermarket at once and buying 20x more than what they actually need. Leading to a situation where old and vulnerable people are left with nothing.

This could be use to describe capitalism in general. Who 'needs' 20  cars?  Who 'needs' 200 pairs of designer shoes?   Etc.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s dug a hole with the 12 weeks thing but it could be twist or bust for the useless lying buffoon .

He's clearly seen that China are now reporting zero cases after 3ish months and is running with that. What he's not factored in is that he's not ordered people to be welded into their homes. 

Are you saying the two events are related? Have you told our top boffins?

Does anybody know anybody who’s got the virus?
My brother in law has a cough and a high temperature, but we'll probably never know for sure if he has/had Covid19 as the only way he is likely to get tested is if he is hospitalised.

1 minute ago, L'immortale Par said:

Hi bridesmaid. Like the beard.

C1753AF3-D6C5-4338-A914-A9B521851453.jpeg

Have you been stalking my Facebook profile?

Would you be open to a same-sex marriage? Asking for an angry Greenock based man in desperate need of affection. 

I don't get this unwillingness to make a wee bit of effort to slow it down unless there are soldiers on the street ready to shoot me stance.

You don't think society is showing down a bit? That's exactly what is happening - and that's what the authorities want.

If they want lockdown with consequences then introduce it.

But people are trying to cope and we all have different ways of doing this. Some folk would prefer to not entirely end normal life just yet and I'm probably in this category.

It really would be no surprise if the old f**k this up again either. A generation of selfish arseholes. 
Brexit voting, Tory voting. Anti immigration. How can we expect them not to behave like absolute wankers. 
What a state to get yourself into. This is on par with the yes voters openly looking forward to old folk dying off.

There are plenty of young folk acting like c***s at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

@Jambomo

Can I be best man, assuming we all survive?

I’m afraid that his choice of footwear is not really what I’d be looking for in a life partner. I will not be applying for the position at this time.