Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Tbf many were stuck due to the airlines shutting down in various parts of the world.However upon return they should now be in quarentine

I read an interview with a couple in Peru who decided it was too expensive to pay 3 grand each for flights to Paris and chanced that they would get a cheaper flight from the FO. 

If they get stranded f**k them. 

It's at least 30 pages for me to catch up with whenever I log on, and probably as many while I'm reading over the day. I've read all of it. I've considered a Top Five Worst Posters in the Coronavirus threads but not had the balls to follow through with it.
Mon then, before we all die

When folk are saying ‘no toilet roll yet, no milk, no whatever’, it’s not what I’m experiencing. I’m not saying this in a ‘ha ha, GIRUY’ way, just in a factual way. Like everyone, my local area suffered the panic buying of a few specific items maybe starting a fortnight ago, but now? Everywhere I’ve been in and around Cumbernauld is fine. In fact, the queuing, the ‘one-in, one-out’, and so on, is helping everything run smoothly and quietly.

Genuinely, why are other areas still suffering such shortages? Is there a specific reason? We’re not that big a country, there shouldn’t be a huge difference between the situations in Cumbernauld,, Stirling, Ayr, Paisley, Largs.... should there?

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

When they announced the lockdown in Italy half the population of the north of the country jumped in their cars and headed south to holiday. That’s part of the reason they’re fucked, because they’re idiots. 

It wasn't to holiday. Loads of poorer southern Italians work in the north and didn't want to get locked down away from home. 

7 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It's at least 30 pages for me to catch up with whenever I log on, and probably as many while I'm reading over the day. I've read all of it. I've considered a Top Five Worst Posters in the Coronavirus threads but not had the balls to follow through with it.

gFTt0kF.gif

Spoiler

He says in abject fear.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No. For the same reason your kettle doesn't instantly reach boiling point the very second you switch it on.

Clearly the majority of P&B think i'm tuned to the moon. That's fine I accept that.

This, however, is a poor example. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I hope you and Niall McGinn get it. 

Harsh.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

When folk are saying ‘no toilet roll yet, no milk, no whatever’, it’s not what I’m experiencing. I’m not saying this in a ‘ha ha, GIRUY’ way, just in a factual way. Like everyone, my local area suffered the panic buying of a few specific items maybe starting a fortnight ago, but now? Everywhere I’ve been in and around Cumbernauld is fine. In fact, the queuing, the ‘one-in, one-out’, and so on, is helping everything run smoothly and quietly.

Genuinely, why are other areas still suffering such shortages? Is there a specific reason? We’re not that big a country, there shouldn’t be a huge difference between the situations in Cumbernauld,, Stirling, Ayr, Paisley, Largs.... should there?

What’s it called?

46 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Why post this after 5pm? I need to watch on catch up now!

Stop moaning, DTID is only watching the omnibus editions. 

Edited by ayrmad

When I was out for a walk earlier those few people we passed were all avoiding each other, but saw two guys in their 20s leaning over the hood of a car to have a chat.

It’s knobheads like these who are potentially fucking it up for everyone else.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Clearly the majority of P&B think i'm tuned to the moon. That's fine I accept that.

This, however, is a poor example. 

Another example.  In what month is the  North Sea warmest?  You might be surprised.

Just now, oaksoft said:

It's a perfect example. You not understanding it is not my problem.

You cannot instantly transfer heat. That's why your bath will not noticeably change temperature the instant you stop the hot water tap.

Yes, I get that. But this reduction won't be instant. It's going to be over a period of months

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

..and having been working in a hospital earlier in the week with the incorrect PPE, she now has a cough. Make this day 1 of 7 for her and of 14 for me.

What are P&B’s thoughts on getting takeaways at this time? Worthwhile to ensure the food you have in lasts a bit longer without requiring someone else to go to a shop themselves to pick up more for you (provided you’re pre-paying by card obviously) or selfish to make restaurant staff and delivery drivers continue to work and put themselves at risk when they don’t have to be considered essential despite providing food?

I really fancy a takeaway but I'm running low on toilet roll so I'm not going to risk it.