Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:
42 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
My car hasn't turned a wheel since a week past Saturday.
Will have to go out again and start her, might be advised to release the hand brake, reverse her back and then park her.

What if you crash the car though.

I'll damage a neighbour's hedge or a neighbour's fence.

I think that ship is just about sailing. Much popcorn required for the imminent meltdowns, imo.
Good old P&B - Supplier of a seemingly endless supply of loons to entertain us as the real world turns to shit. God bless us and keep us.
All we need is Swampy for the full house.

The problem is that he's the one who attacked people here who think that where possible shopping should be an activity carried out by one person at a time - the Nazi word being thrown in for good measure.

Don't get me wrong, Craigkillie made some very good points and pozbaird lost the plot. I'm not disputing that.

But the tone coming from some posters in response to very minor issues is unhealthy. Folk lose perspective very easily under these circumstances and we need to all stay a bit calmer.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Don't get me wrong, Craigkillie made some very good points and pozbaird lost the plot. I'm not disputing that.

But the tone coming from some posters in response to very minor issues is unhealthy. Folk lose perspective very easily under these circumstances and we need to all stay a bit calmer.

0D3C82CE-8413-4581-905F-301EE93E7C4B.gif.fec204eb8a970741bf455af05f96a9ab.gif

Yeah that’s what I meant when I said faux outrage. We’re a week into lockdown, people are adjusting. It’s a huge change.

Go easy.

You are right. The pile on for Pozbairds offence was disproportionate. But it was a fucking brilliant post whether you agree or not!

I think in the case of pozbaird theres a probably deliberate lack of distinction going on between being wrong/misinformed and being negligent.

I think pozbaird is wrong about the couples shopping, but I dont think he is deliberately picking and choosing or trying to act like the rules dont apply to him.

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:

They got off lightly, whilst they were out a lorry crashed into their house!

My car hasn't turned a wheel since a week past Saturday.

Will have to go out again and start her, might be advised to release the hand brake, reverse her back and then park her.

I'm doing just that - driving her round the wee circular cul de sac we live in every couple of days.

When I was stopped from driving after my CVA last year, I ended up having to buy a new battery, as this motor has the whole keyless malarkey, which apparently means it's always running a detector to see if there's a fob in range. To be honest, I'd rather use an old fashioned key and not have to shell out two hundred notes for a replacement battery.

4 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Where are all the stories about the mayhem in UK hospitals, line there were in Italy?

Guy I know told me that his 2 neighbours work in intensive care at the hospital in Paisley. They were off at the weekend. Apparently they’ve only got 1 guy in intensive care in paisley with coronavirus. He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was already in intensive care.

An ICU doctor posted this on twitter from three days ago:  

Even if the lockdown is working, it's guaranteed its going to get worse for the next few weeks until the effects of the lockdown start to come through. They forecast we will hit the peak in a couple of weeks, then it's likely we will have another couple of weeks of fairly grim mortality figures but then hopefully with a downward trend . The fear is that our hospitals may become overwhelmed in this period, which will result in mayhem.

It's looking like our figures will be more in line with France than with Spain & Italy.  We can only hope that turns out to be the case.

11 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm doing just that - driving her round the wee circular cul de sac we live in every couple of days.
When I was stopped from driving after my CVA last year, I ended up having to buy a new battery, as this motor has the whole keyless malarkey, which apparently means it's sprays running a detector to see if there's a fob in range. To be honest, I'd rather use an old fashioned key and not have to shell out two hundred notes for a replacement battery.

Could you not just pull one of the battery leads out?