Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

My highlight of this thread was someone (forget who) citing the opinion of Luc Montagnier that Covid was man made.

Here you go.

On 18/04/2020 at 15:50, steve55 said:

Chinese Coronavirus Is a Man Made Virus According to Luc Montagnier the Man Who Discovered HIV

https://www.gilmorehealth.com/chinese-coronavirus-is-a-man-made-virus-according-to-luc-montagnier-the-man-who-discovered-hiv/

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

BBC replaces FM's briefing with Bargain Hunt Battle of Britain special

That will especially please another  Scottish Labour politician. 

image.jpg.8b36ed362c9dde88e3f179c420307c54.jpg

Edited by PWL

IMG_0104.thumb.jpg.fb7c00e8ca7231b3752a466a15ab1b02.jpg

I know some on here like a good graph. The attached is from the FT and shows the increase in incidence starting with the young, and then spreading to the old (and more vulnerable).

There’s a lag there. It will be interesting to see if this then leads to an increase in deaths over the coming weeks.

Edited to add - I should have said, this is Spain, who were ahead of us in their uptick.

I know some on here like a good graph. The attached is from the FT and shows the increase in incidence starting with the young, and then spreading to the old (and more vulnerable).

There’s a lag there. It will be interesting to see if this then leads to an increase in deaths over the coming weeks.

Edited to add - I should have said, this is Spain, who were ahead of us in their uptick.
Sooner or later, this is going to result in a harsh shielding program, and the pursual of herd immunity for everyone else unless the vaccine comes soon.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Sooner or later, this is going to result in a harsh shielding program, and the pursual of herd immunity for everyone else unless the vaccine comes soon.

I heard John Sutton (of all people) ask Jason Leitch a question today. He was comparing flu to Covid and how we live with flu and get on with our lives, and therefore will we have crowds of 50,000+ at football matches in the near future.

JL replied that "I was with you until you said near future". He then basically said that Covid will become comparable with flu in time as, among other things 'we build up immunity'. 

It was a hint at herd immunity from him. Something I think we're actually already seeing in places (fuckin' hope so!)

21 hours ago, virginton said:

How do you know that the 'same people' who 'demand to go drinking' - whatever that means anyway - won't accept a Covid vaccine? Your weirdo hobby of going to random non-league grounds is no more or less safe than someone choosing to go to a beer garden so I'd get off that ludicrous why won't everyone else stick to the rules!!!!111!!! high horse if I were you.

Weirdo hobby watching football, what the f**k you doing on here then ? To answer your questions, expect you know people who couldn't wait to go back to the pub ,whether distanced or not. Let's say a vaccine that may not give the right result, costs say £25+ do you think everyone will get one ? Maybe you're right, forget the rules then . 

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Weirdo hobby watching football, what the f**k you doing on here then ? To answer your questions, expect you know people who couldn't wait to go back to the pub ,whether distanced or not. Let's say a vaccine that may not give the right result, costs say £25+ do you think everyone will get one ? Maybe you're right, forget the rules then . 

Following a single team that you support over a season = acceptable mainstream activity

'Groundhopping' dump non-league grounds just to tick them off a laminated card in the inside pocket of your anorak = one step above trainspotting

As anyone who has had the misfortune to be within earshot of 'dedicated groundhoppers' at a game would know already.

The rest of your post is just garbled nonsense that still does nothing to actually show that the same people who 'demand to go drinking' are also anti-vaccers. Mainly because you've just made that up to justify your tantrum about not getting to Kello Rovers yet while other people are enjoying creamy pints with Jeff and the boys.

Gutted for you.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Following a single team that you support over a season = acceptable mainstream activity

'Groundhopping' dump non-league grounds just to tick them off a laminated card in the inside pocket of your anorak = one step above trainspotting

As anyone who has had the misfortune to be within earshot of 'dedicated groundhoppers' at a game would know already.

The rest of your post is just garbled nonsense that still does nothing to actually show that the same people who 'demand to go drinking' are also anti-vaccers. Mainly because you've just made that up to justify your tantrum about not getting to Kello Rovers yet while other people are enjoying creamy pints with Jeff and the boys.

Gutted for you.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

Quite a grown up response, tbh I'm not one of the anorak hoppers - I dislike them and their attitudes. One club ? Seeing as I'm a Bristol Rovers fan, since 1966, unable to get to many games now due to work commitments, puts that argument to bed. Kello ? Yep been there 3 times,f**k knows where the tantrum comes from.  Nice hearing from you.

7 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Quite a grown up response, tbh I'm not one of the anorak hoppers - I dislike them and their attitudes. One club ? Seeing as I'm a Bristol Rovers fan, since 1966, unable to get to many games now due to work commitments, puts that argument to bed. Kello ? Yep been there 3 times,f**k knows where the tantrum comes from.  Nice hearing from you.

Are you in your sixties?