Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/the-level-of-ambition-set-out-is-enormous-and-it-is-unclear-how-and-whether-it-could-be-delivered-on-timeoperation-moonshot/

The UK Government’s Moonshot Covid testing programme cannot be delivered on schedule, the Scottish Government’s most senior scientific advisers fear.

A leaked report reveals the team advising Scots ministers believe the plan, revealed last week, is hugely ambitious but question if it can be achieved to the timescales proposed.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has said her government is “hooked in” to talks on the Moonshot plan but independent experts have warned her against rushing to support the Prime Minister’s proposal, with one describing Moonshot as “pie in the sky”.

Mr Johnson’s £100bn plan aims to deliver 10 million Covid-19 tests every day by spring. The plan involves tests which provide rapid results in minutes despite the fact the science to produce those tests does not yet exist.

A timid pushback by focusing on the timeframe of the plan rather than its contents also being a crock of utter shite tbh. 

It's almost as if there has been one big sector 'reopened' in the past month with no credible restrictions that is keeping case numbers rolling along. 
Yeah, 500k pupils going back to 2500 schools, unrestricted, 5 days a week and in close contact for coming on for 5 weeks now yielding a frankly staggering couple of hundred cases a day is rock solid evidence that transmission is just as bad in kids as it is in adults.

And of course, theres the Test and Protect cover up as they are definitely finding kids at the root of this but hiding it because of the Facebook maws whose potential vote in 2021 supersedes all other public health requirements.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, 500k pupils going back to 2500 schools, unrestricted, 5 days a week and in close contact for coming on for 5 weeks now yielding a frankly staggering couple of hundred cases a day is rock solid evidence that transmission is just as bad in kids as it is in adults.

How many 'a couple of hundred cases' daily announcements were being made prior to August 11 when pubs were still open, you could meet lots of people outdoors and people had been jetting back from all over the continent on their holidays for the past six weeks? Be extremely specific. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Was just thinking yesterday. In November, I fell really unwell. Thinking back, I had all the symptoms of Covid. It took me well over a week to get better. None of my family ended up ill like I did and when I finally seen the doctor, he just dismissed it as a chest infection (no chance). It was probably flu but I don’t suppose it  could have been Covid? It was a couple of months before it was properly discovered. 

I don’t personally know anyone who has had it. Not that I’m using that as some sort of motivation to become irresponsible or complacent. 

You can get it multiple times so you definitely shouldn't. 

How many ' a couple of hundred cases' daily announcements were being made prior to August 11 when pubs were still open, you could meet lots of people outdoors and people had been jetting back from all over the continent on their holidays for the past six weeks? Be extremely specific. 

Just offer up what evidence you have that either cases are being driven by schools, or that the government, and other centres of research are wrong in the assertion that child to child transmission uncommon?

If you cant do that, then I have no idea what you are whining about

ETA I am going to offer up the following, just to make sure there is an actual source relating to poor transmission among kids, and schools not becoming a source of community transmission. You are going to have to come up with something better to attenpt to justify why schools should not be opened against this backdrop.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/children-and-school-settings-covid-19-transmission

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/facts/questions-answers-school-transmission

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Just offer up what evidence you have that either cases are being driven by schools, or that the government, and other centres of research are wrong in the assertion that child to child transmission uncommon?

If you cant do that, then I have no idea what you are whining about

ETA I am going to offer up the following, just to make sure there is an actual source relating to poor transmission among kids, and schools not becoming a source of community transmission. You are going to have to come up with something better to attenpt to justify why schools should not be opened against this backdrop.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/children-and-school-settings-covid-19-transmission

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/facts/questions-answers-school-transmission

Answer the question set to you instead of spraying this flailing nonsense all over the thread champ.

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, virginton said:

Answer the question set to you instead of spraying this flailing nonsense all over the thread champ.

Well, given that my point is that schools should be open, and that yours is that they shouldnt, it's not flailing nonsense is it? Its entirely relevant. What's not relevant is you throwing ambiguous shite around like "aye but folk wur goin on holidays". 

If you wont offer up your evidence of the case load drivers now being schools, why would I waste any time rooting around to see what was driving cases at a time where restrictions were at the loosest they have been since the outset, cases at their lowest and adherence with those, whilst totally unquantifiable, could reasonably be assumed to be at its lowest? 

I have asked you several times about why you know better than, for example, the ECDC as per the links above and you have absolutely failed to answer that, so you can save the "answer the question" pish. 

Schools are socially more important than almost all restricted sectors.

Opening schools is different from opening any other sector because the children who attend have been shown to have lower transmission rates. 

So you have a very important sector, with an inherently lower risk (once again, you'll have to show evidence to the contrary if you disagree) of opening. This makes opening them a no brainer. 

This is fast coming down to it being your opinion that schools shouldn't be open, and whilst that's absolutely your right, stop trying to turn into some sort of conspiracy that flies in the face of all other facets of the govt response, because it's clearly not. 

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Interesting Sunday, warming up nicely. 

‘mon the evidence providers.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Bit rough but almost tempted to crack a cold one open in anticipation here.

Great posts, really add to the discourse

Kids back at school, people back at work, pubs open, the bit I find hard is yes, more people are being tested BUT it's difficult to get a test, and even harder to get the results asap SO how do the numbers increase ? My apologies for being thick up top 😠 adds to the confusion.Maybe we should all wear balaclava's ?

16 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Kids back at school, people back at work, pubs open, the bit I find hard is yes, more people are being tested BUT it's difficult to get a test, and even harder to get the results asap SO how do the numbers increase ? My apologies for being thick up top 😠 adds to the confusion.

Maybe we should all wear balaclava's ?

IRA sympathiser found