Coronavirus (COVID-19)

46 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There is a difference between disputing something you don't agree with and just ignoring it entirely.

Not reading out the daily 'scores' of deaths and infection rates to claim that the infection isn't as dangerous and that the public health crisis is over any more? 

I miss those days*

*No I don't. 

37 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect these "leaks" are just made up. This one's from the Sun.

Scottish boarders? So the hotel's will still be open then?

Unbelievable that writing for a Scottish newspaper doesn't require you to know the correct spelling of LAs

Just now, Stan Hope said:

Its part of their culture, and has be for years,  its done as respect to others, as not to pass on a germ when the wearer feels unwell

I guess that answers the original question then 

In the UK we'll be ripping off the masks as soon as this is over because we're a bunch of cnuts 

1 minute ago, Stan Hope said:

Its part of their culture, and has be for years,  its done as respect to others, as not to pass on a germ when the wearer feels unwell

I got put off going to Japan last year when I heard it's very taboo to blow your nose in public. You're supposed to just sit on the bus or wherever with snot dribbling down from under your mask.

Just now, tamthebam said:

The Chinese students at Edinburgh Uni were noticeable before Covid for walking about town with masks on even on hot days...

It's often the done thing in countries like China and Japan (worked there for 7 years) to wear a mask if you have mild symptoms on something like a cold or the flu or suffer from allergies. Japanese people tend to think westerners are crazy and selfish for not doing this. Had a frank exchange of opinions with my boss in Japan on that subject. Was wearing a mask from reasonably early on with COVID as I knew from my time in Japan that all the stuff in the media about it not being recommended was dubious in terms of the science involved.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I got put off going to Japan last year when I heard it's very taboo to blow your nose in public. You're supposed to just sit on the bus or wherever with snot dribbling down from under your mask.

They might not be happy about it, but they are very unlikely to give a gaijin grief over this on a bus or train.

Tier One: Don't pick up the phone
You know he's only callin' 'cause he's drunk and alone

Tier Two: Don't let him in
You have to kick him out again

Tier Three: Don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning

Tier 4: And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

4 cases recorded in Clackmannanshire yesterday, a 7-day average of less than 10 and trending downwards, yet we're supposed to be headed for Tier 3?

People from Clackmannanshire are some of the most boggin c***s on the planet, I don't even mean that in jokey bantery football fan slagging their local neighbours kind of  way,  All pubs there should be permanently closed and a berlin type wall should be put up round about it, worse than fife

In other news my P&B is adorned with jet 2 adverts, does this mean the vaccine stories are true?

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

People from Clackmannanshire are some of the most boggin c***s on the planet, I don't even mean that in jokey bantery football fan slagging their local neighbours kind of  way,  All pubs there should be permanently closed and a berlin type wall should be put up round about it, worse than fife

In other news my P&B is adorned with jet 2 adverts, does this mean the vaccine stories are true?

^^^ Regular at Klub 21 IMO. 😂

14 minutes ago, Stan Hope said:

i regret not going when i was in Perth {Aus} i had an interest in the country, but my fetish for oriental ladies was still many years away.😉

ended up going to Bali instead, 

Didn’t need to know that really.

E4A5AA6B-032A-4EDF-9520-8105383A5C5B.png.44215727b7b337bc5d1e190071d53379.png

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the back page of the Daily Record is ruining a story that SPFL chiefs are having a meeting with the SG on Friday to get fans back at games the following WEEK. With all this tier nonsense going on I reckon there’s no chance this will be given the go ahead 

Is there a possibility that "The Guys" will be the ones "taking a look"?

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see the back page of the Daily Record is ruining a story that SPFL chiefs are having a meeting with the SG on Friday to get fans back at games the following WEEK. With all this tier nonsense going on I reckon there’s no chance this will be given the go ahead 

Nicola has an election to win.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The tiers document states that areas in Levels 0 or 1 can have fans in stadia, with restrictions.

Stadia & Events

Level 0

Outdoor events permitted

Indoor events – seated and ambulatory permitted (restricted numbers)

Indoor grouped standing not permitted

Stadia – open with restricted numbers

Level 1

Outdoor events seated and open space permitted (restricted numbers)

Outdoor grouped standing events not permitted

Small seated indoor events permitted

Stadia – open with restricted numbers

Level 2

Events not permitted/closed

Drive in events permitted

Stadia closed to spectators

Level 3

Not permitted/closed to spectators

Level 4

Not permitted/closed to spectators

Going by that and if the leaks are accurate then clubs in the Highland and Moray regions can have fans in games.  That would be us, Ross County and Elgin City.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The tiers document states that areas in Levels 0 or 1 can have fans in stadia, with restrictions.

Going by that and if the leaks are accurate then clubs in the Highland and Moray regions can have fans in games.  That would be us, Ross County and Elgin City.

....and plenty of north region junior and North Caledonian clubs as well. Hopefully the other guy on here's info was accurate as even Fife was in level 1 on that list.

Edited by LongTimeLurker