Coronavirus (COVID-19)

London boroughs reporting some schools there have up to 70% of normal looking to be placed back in school with averages close to 50%. If this is to work it needs toughening up. Main issues seems to be parents complaining of a lack of access devices in multiple child households.

All shows how few actually bothered to attempt any schooling from home in the first lockdown as these issues would have been just as prevalent then.
They need to close all business apart from the ones that are genuinely essential.
I'm working and its nothing essential.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Yeah, we had barely any cases last summer which was, as it turns out, in the middle of the pandemic. So unless the new variants are also weather-proof it’ll fizzle this year too.

The summer will be fairly normal. I’m still not convinced about full capacity at football games or concerts, but they’ll be happening with big crowds. I expect 40-50k at Wembley in the Euros, for example. And I don’t think we’ll have packed pubs where you wander in and stand at the bar. But I also doubt there’ll be household limits or pre-booked slots only.

Close to normality, but not quite is my expectation. At least one full-blown panic with borders closed due to a new, potentially vaccine resistant strain found somewhere.

Yeah. Perhaps the more pertinent question is where will we be in 11-12 months time?

13 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Circa 30 planes arrived in Edinburgh yesterday. No checks or tests (apart from Passport) if applicable. Passengers free to saunter out onto trams, buses etc. That doesn’t seem very sensible. 

Hopefully by the next global pandemic we will be in total control of our own affairs and can actually do something about the borders.

Hopefully by the next global pandemic we will be in total control of our own affairs and can actually do something about the borders.

It would be quite hilarious watching little englanders being turned away from the borders repeatedly.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's The Herald reporting delays in vaccinations for over 80s already.

Proof that the NHS management heavy structure couldn't run a bath. Seriously if the demand is getting through but the NHS can't organise folk to jab them then the chief execs should be punted and let someone else in to run it.

Just now, mizfit said:

It would be quite hilarious watching little englanders being turned away from the borders repeatedly.

It's crazy to think all round the world check points were set up like in Australia to stop people moving from place to place but because Boris doesn't want to be seen to bow to the SNP he won't set up check points. 

It would fund it's self but rounding up some arch Yoons and filming their reaction.

9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Where does everyone think we will be in 6 months time?

People will posting about how we should be grateful the Scottish Government are allowing the Euros to go ahead as long as no one leaves the house for the duration.

Edited by Detournement

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

People will posting about how we should be grateful the Scottish Government are allowing the Euros to go ahead as long as no one leaves the house for the duration.

Are you expecting the Euros to be delayed until July?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's The Herald reporting delays in vaccinations for over 80s already.

Local press here reporting delays due to reluctance of care home workers to get the vaccine. 

If that's the case, then they can quite frankly get themselves to f**k. Give it to someone who won't refuse, whoever that person may be. Not having vaccines which are not exactly abundant going to waste because of some refusers. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Are you expecting the Euros to be delayed until July?

Ok then we all be sitting in our gardens hoping our neighbours don't grass for having 8 people at a barbeque.

Cheers for being a tedious pendant. 

Edited by Detournement

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Where does everyone think we will be in 6 months time?

Governments have control and they won't give it up.  It's been 75 years since people have had their lives dictated to as heavily as we have now. 

It looks like the aim of the Scottish government is that the virus has to disappear completely before they'll allow life to completely get back to 'normal', so in 6 months time I would still anticipate some areas to be under Level 1 restrictions, some to be Level 2, and the odd one to be Level 3 because 5 people contacted the virus in a care home or factory. 

The vaccine and the changing seasons will supress the virus and we'll be allowed some kind of 'staycation' holiday, but foreign travel will still be very difficult. Don't book any summer holidays abroad.

It'll be a much more safety first summer than last year, with many more restrictions. 

I seriously doubt that we'll have anything close to normality for at least 18 months. Maybe longer.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Governments have control and they won't give it up.  It's been 75 years since people have had their lives dictated to as heavily as we have now. 

It looks like the aim of the Scottish government is that the virus has to disappear completely before they'll allow life to completely get back to 'normal', so in 6 months time I would still anticipate some areas to be under Level 1 restrictions, some to be Level 2, and the odd one to be Level 3 because 5 people contacted the virus in a care home or factory. 

The vaccine and the changing seasons will supress the virus and we'll be allowed some kind of 'staycation' holiday, but foreign travel will still be very difficult. Don't book any summer holidays abroad.

It'll be a much more safety first summer than last year, with many more restrictions. 

I seriously doubt that we'll have anything close to normality for at least 18 months. Maybe longer.

You've missed out Leitch explaining we need to be cautious and close hospitality for the Scotland games because of a cluster in South Sudan reminding us that "Coronavirus hasn't gone away."

32 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Local press here reporting delays due to reluctance of care home workers to get the vaccine. 

If that's the case, then they can quite frankly get themselves to f**k. Give it to someone who won't refuse, whoever that person may be. Not having vaccines which are not exactly abundant going to waste because of some refusers. 

Suggestion in The Herald today was we don't have enough GPs vaccinated to allow them to deliver the vaccine without putting themselves at risk.

This lockdown is fucking shite. I am working from home again which is fine. Was fine the first time as the weather was decent and could chuck the kids outside. The weather is pish resulting in my son being an absolute arsehole because he is bored.

The goal realistically has to be x amount of the population vaccinated by x date. For arguments sake a third of the populace by ssay June that is reasonable enough to reduce demand on the NHS and the spread to a manageable level.

This thing can not be allowed to dictate the next 1, 3, 5 years just because it hasn't been completly wiped out. What else do we refuse to live with cars because there are fatal accidents every day. It like everything in life is a risk we can do all we can to reduce the risk and jeep people safe but it will still be a risk.

I am sorry but if they cannot vaccinate enough people to relax restrictions in the timeline they provide then surely heads need to roll. Obviously assuming the supply is there but surely they should have anticipated what they needed to meet their initial numbers and also anticipate any problems such as not enough people to do the vaccinations or whatever. They have had long enough to think about this and this is the end game so they have no excuse not to f**k it up (i know they will).

It is the same in business. You don’t go blindly into something new such as geographical area or product. You look at the different requirements and sort out any potential issues before you start.

They should have got the infrastructure in place based on the assumption that they would get their initially ordered supply and if that is in place then anything less should be easy.