Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, Paco said:

This is absolutely inevitable, and will happen in the rest of the UK too. Sad face pictures with words like ‘disgusting’ and ‘disgrace’. A small footnote at the bottom of the article saying the person hasn’t been registered with a GP since 1976 and isn’t on the voter roll.

They are also going to do massive stories on anyone who dies, or is hospitalised, as a result of the vaccination.

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

J&J saying they will report trial results next week. They're saying they will have a "very robust" data set.

It's a one-shot vaccine. Could really accelerate the vaccination process.

That’s excellent news, been saying for a while that this vaccine if rolled out quick enough will be our ticket out of restrictions. 1 jag, 30 million doses on order, 24hr vaccinations, get it fucking fired into every c**t. 

This is why they were supposed to have increasing quantities of the vaccine delivered. 
Well yeah, but at 12 weeks from initiation, to maintain the current rate of first dose, vaccine deliveries presumably need to double. Is that something that's remotely possible?

How many weeks from now until the vaccine infrastructure gets halved courtesy of having to go back into the first group for round two?
Depending on who you believe it's suggested that the reason for the big gap was because the UK knew there were issues "down the line" and hence took the decision to give as many 1st shots as possible with what they had. If that is true and we reach the 12 week max and there are real issues with supply then we will have an almighty shit show.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Well yeah, but at 12 weeks from initiation, to maintain the current rate of first dose, vaccine deliveries presumably need to double. Is that something that's remotely possible?

I cant see the figures that the Scottish government released about expected stocks but i anticipate its part of the strategy. Think its also why some areas kept the pfizer vaccine for specific sub groups. 

We'll see how many of those 87% still want hotel quarantine when it impacts their 2 weeks in Benidorm.

I'm sure they don't mean they want hotel quarantine just for those foreign types...

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

All over 80s are in JCVI group 1. Did the lady have a date yet? If not I think it's perfectly fair to question why not given we are already sending out letters to those in groups 3 and 4.

"Tell them Jason told you to do so" is just another shite soundbite.

Over 80s are in group 2. I thought you agreed we shouldn't be waiting of all areas to finish their over 80s before progressing?

image.png.699c11fc6b4d11fab7d03a56da449f95.png

57 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can’t really say and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was more to it. Peston did find mirrors confusing the other day.

One point I’ve read that’s pertinent to this and the ‘8% efficacy” story is that a lot of the reporting on this crisis has been from political correspondents and thus has been done using their methods - briefings, anonymous sources, tips. That might work for speculating on who is going to get the Department of Social Affairs in the next reshuffle but when you are reporting about data from vaccine trials it really isn’t good enough. Perhaps people with more understanding should be given central roles but I guess that Peston etc all get the big bucks so they get the big stories.

The handing of the steering wheel on this story from the start should have been given over to the likes of Hugh Pym. Although his background is, I believe, in politics, he has nbeen Health Editor for some time. 

You only have to look at the cringeing when Whitty (or,to a lesser extent, Vallance and Harries) tries to bring a bit of reality to Government plans and conversely look at the faces on those who actually understand a bit more about viruses when the Chief Clown comes up with his latest spiffing wheeze. 

This has never been about Public Health for the Tories. It's about maintaining their position, and throwing a few million quid to their mates. Poorer people disproportionally affected? Well, there's millions of the proles anyway and they'll soon breed some more. 

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

We'll see how many of those 87% still want hotel quarantine when it impacts their 2 weeks in Benidorm.

I'm sure they don't mean they want hotel quarantine just for those foreign types...

It's only for returning Brits and residents of the UK from the countries with new varients, is it not? Non-nationals and residents of those countries are currently barred from entering the UK. 

Unless they have expanded the scope of it. 

Edited by Michael W

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's only for returning Brits and residents of the UK from the countries with new varients, is it not? Non-nationals and residents of those countries are currently barred from entering the UK. 

Unless they have expanded the scope of it. 

I was assuming it meant people supported them in general, rather than the previous stay at home for 2 weeks thing.

30 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Scary.

Tbh I'd be all for a mandatory manslaughter charge for the fat maws refusing to wear masks at the shops cos "ah've got angina"

Edited by GiGi

Last few days beginning to show a decrease in Covid numbers in Scottish hospitals.
On 22nd January 2053 in hospital including 161 in ICU.
Today 2010 in hospital including 149 in ICU.
Hopefully these decreases will continue.

Average admissions dropping as well - average of 175 per day from 12th to 14th Jan became 159 per day from 19th to 21st.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Giving up foreign holidays would be a tiny price to pay for a normal summer in the UK. 

I said this last year before the vaccine and it's even more obvious now that mutations are going to be the narrative of 2021.