Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The success of the vaccination program won't be fully apparent until it has been fully rolled out and taken up by a high percentage of the entire population, which it will, and after this winter wave subsides.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

48165 yesterday. 50k tomorrow?

They are great numbers, the end of this shitshow looks to be getting nearer.  i had my doubts they could get this organised but am willing to say they are doing this bit well enough now

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

All aboard the vaccine bus?   Good idea to deal with some of the more rural parts of the country.  

Although this may prove problematic at present with blocked roads and further forecasts of snow.  I am sure yesterdays figure would have been even more impressive had it not been for the weather

"How many people do you expect will miss their vaccination appointment due to the weather over the next few days" 

I wish Swinney had just answered "it's definitely going to be 1,487 missed appointments due to weather"

Never ceases to amaze me the banal nature of the Journalist questions - they have really been exposed during this crisis

Edited by Caledonian1

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

"How many people do you expect will miss their vaccination appointment due to the weather over the next few days" 

I wish Swinney had just answered "it's definitely going to be 1,487 missed appointments due to weather"

Never ceases to amaze me the banal nature of the Journalist questions - they have really been exposed during this crisis

Same journalist when the vaccine figures drop slightly due to the weather "do the Scottish Government find it acceptable to use the weather as an excuse for falling vaccine figures?"

Fucking hell, the cult are touchy this morning.

One minute they are falling over themselves to explain how NS couldn't possibly have locked down earlier because the WM furlough scheme wasn't in place, the next they are sneering at the idea that lockdown wouldn't be able to continue if it is removed.

Make your mind up 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

This. What a ridiculous question. Is that really the best that the journalist could come up with? Embarrassing.

Aye with a few notable exceptions the standard of U.K. journalism is pitiful. Lazy sods mostly intent of generating click bait material from trawling the very worst of social media.