Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Think we are at cross purposes here. I am not saying I agree with not getting it. I recognise the requirements of the herd.

I am saying there would undoubtedly be a long list of people, probably a significant chunk of them from the legal professions, and many elected members of parliament and prepared to be in the Lords too, who would be willing to take the government on over a legally mandated medication.

Bit surprised to see a legal mind such as yourself come at this from an emotional viewpoint. I get it, and I agree with you but surely you srent telling me there wouldnt be a huge number of people even just among those you know personally who would be dead against it, and not for covid reasons?
I can see arseholes like Farage trying to get behind some sort of anti-vax bandwagon (as long as he can get a grift out of it).

The most effective way to deal with anti-vax cretins is to remove them from social media. They are almost always desperate attention-seekers and not being able to post shite on Facebook would see them at their GPs within half an hour begging to be jagged.

Tory boy on Andrew Marr saying that he and his wee Covid Recovery group are basically saying - By the end of April, groups that account for 99% of deaths and 80% of hospitalisations and serious illness will be fully vaccinated, so we just need to go for it after that. Andrew Marr asked him if he was worried the R rate and numbers will shoot up after schools open but the Tory said that we shouldn't be thinking about case numbers (and that Hancock said similar the other day). He said numbers and R rates don't matter if the deaths and hospitalisations are seriously reduced.

Feel a little bit sick agreeing with a Tory, but...

I can see arseholes like Farage trying to get behind some sort of anti-vax bandwagon (as long as he can get a grift out of it).

The most effective way to deal with anti-vax cretins is to remove them from social media. They are almost always desperate attention-seekers and not being able to post shite on Facebook would see them at their GPs within half an hour begging to be jagged.
Again, I agree, but dont you see a scenario where a huge number of legal and political people who are more than happy to be vaccinated turn to the government and aay hold on, you're not getting to legally mandate a vaccine?

Again, I'm not talking about anti vax idiots here or publicity whores like Farage. I'm talking about people who believe that such a novel would be outwith the powers of elected government.

If we are saying (and this is kinda why I asked Ad Lib) there would be no appetite from the legal/political fraternity to do so then fair enough, I would find that hard to believe but would accept it. But again, I'm not talking about specifically anti vax sentiment, I'm talking about, "you can't fucking do that Boris" sentiment.

Popped into Livingston this afternoon to pick something up and had to beat a retreat and go back later, it was bedlam. Cars everywhere, long queues everywhere to get into shops and even Starbucks when I went past had at least 30 cars waiting at the drive through.

People have had enough.
So people out doing things that are actually permitted = folk have had enough ? Take always have been busy throughout.

58 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Honestly some of those weirdos would keep us locked up forever just in case.

They don't understand the real world, they don't understand the concept of risk, life is about risk assessments every day and making informed choices, but not for those people.  They only see what they want to see.

I'm amazed they ever leave the house or get out of bed, must be terrible deciding whether or not to risk the stairs or crossing a road.

The problem is these zealots now have a platform to echo their wacky take on life and they love it.

Get yourself tae f**k and back to obscurity please.  Vaccines are the game changer so don't change the goal posts now.

We are on our way out of this thankfully and as is being said elsewhere covid isn't disappearing we learn to live with it and get on with our lifes.

this is why it always needs reminding that the powers in place are emergency. 

My biggest worry when I listen to people talking about the ‘risk’ of opening up is that lockdowns are being normalised as a public health policy.  It should always be considered a last resort. 

If clownshoes and sturgeon are so adamant that foreign travel isnt happening then why wont they come out completely and say so, so that those of us with holidays for this year can make new arrangements, getting time off sorted isnt easy for everyone. 
I'm not sure how much clearer than "dont book summer holidays abroad" you need them to be. The messaging unpleasant as it is has been crystal clear for weeks now.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I’ve got to be honest I haven’t looked at the rules closely for this lockdown. Are golf courses supposed to be shut? Are people not supposed to meet each other in parks? Are you allowed into other peoples gardens?

(1) Golf courses themselves can remain open but indoor facilities connected to them can’t except for professional sport purposes. You have to golf alone, only with people from your extended household, or with one other person.

(2) Two people from different households can gather with one another for “exercise” or “recreation” in a public outdoor place. Gatherings are of unlimited size and in location if they are all from the same extended household. There are also other reasons why a gathering might be greater than 2 persons specified in the Level 4 Schedule of the regulations.

(3) Two people from different households can gather with one another in a private dwelling if the gathering takes place outdoors (e.g. in a garden). However the visiting person would have to demonstrate that they were there to take part in “exercise” or “recreation” in the hosting person’s garden (or that they otherwise had a reasonable excuse).

Edited by Ad Lib
To correct the situation to do with golf courses

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think we are at cross purposes here. I am not saying I agree with not getting it. I recognise the requirements of the herd.

I am saying there would undoubtedly be a long list of people, probably a significant chunk of them from the legal professions, and many elected members of parliament and prepared to be in the Lords too, who would be willing to take the government on over a legally mandated medication.

Bit surprised to see a legal mind such as yourself come at this from an emotional viewpoint. I get it, and I agree with you but surely you srent telling me there wouldnt be a huge number of people even just among those you know personally who would be dead against it, and not for covid reasons?

The one thing you learn pretty quickly from being on the outer circles of the legal community is that lawyers get monumentally up their own arses about civil liberties to such an extent that they don’t even realise they’re being political. Bottom line if the UK Parliament wants to mandate vaccination, it can override the Human Rights Act to ensure no legal challenge can be made to it.

But it won’t because “Britain is a uniquely freedom loving country” or some such bullshit like that.

(1) Golf courses are regarded as “sports stadiums” for the purposes of the regulations and therefore they can only remain open for professional sport (like football stadiums legally can for professional football still).
(2) Two people from different households can gather with one another for “exercise” or “recreation” in a public outdoor place. Gatherings are of unlimited size and in location if they are all from the same extended household. There are also other reasons why a gathering might be greater than 2 persons specified in the Level 4 Schedule of the regulations.
(3) Two people from different households can gather with one another in a private dwelling if the gathering takes place outdoors (e.g. in a garden). However the visiting person would have to demonstrate that they were there to take part in “exercise” or “recreation” in the hosting person’s garden (or that they otherwise had a reasonable excuse).
In England only.

(1) Golf courses are regarded as “sports stadiums” for the purposes of the regulations and therefore they can only remain open for professional sport (like football stadiums legally can for professional football still).
Golf courses can only remain open for "professional" sport is nonsense. They have been open for all to play no matter how big a hacker since the end of the first lockdown.

So will Scotgov match the English new timetable for 1st Vaccine.

In England all over 50s by 15th April.

Are we still  into May up here ?

JCVI priority groups 6,7,8,9 - We expect to start these cohorts in March and aim to complete first doses by early May 2021

Edited by superbigal

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Golf courses can only remain open for "professional" sport is nonsense. They have been open for all to play no matter how big a hacker since the end of the first lockdown.

Right you are. It seems the Scottish regulations only intend to close the indoor facilities connected to a golf course. 

33 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Tory boy on Andrew Marr saying that he and his wee Covid Recovery group are basically saying - By the end of April, groups that account for 99% of deaths and 80% of hospitalisations and serious illness will be fully vaccinated, so we just need to go for it after that. Andrew Marr asked him if he was worried the R rate and numbers will shoot up after schools open but the Tory said that we shouldn't be thinking about case numbers (and that Hancock said similar the other day). He said numbers and R rates don't matter if the deaths and hospitalisations are seriously reduced.

Feel a little bit sick agreeing with a Tory, but...

The good news is that Hancock's interview should have balanced your feelings out...

The one thing you learn pretty quickly from being on the outer circles of the legal community is that lawyers get monumentally up their own arses about civil liberties to such an extent that they don’t even realise they’re being political. Bottom line if the UK Parliament wants to mandate vaccination, it can override the Human Rights Act to ensure no legal challenge can be made to it.
But it won’t because “Britain is a uniquely freedom loving country” or some such bullshit like that.

Take your mandatory vaccines and f**k right off ya c**t
Your tone is fuckin outrageous mate

13 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Lockdown fatigue is growing from what I can see, and as the vaccine programme rolls out and people get a handle on when the vulnerable groups will all be jagged, and as cases drop, then they're questioning these negative undertones of restrictions for the foreseeable future.

Easter could be the breaking point.

Resurrection of our rights...

Edited by Jacksgranda

42 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
If clownshoes and sturgeon are so adamant that foreign travel isnt happening then why wont they come out completely and say so, so that those of us with holidays for this year can make new arrangements, getting time off sorted isnt easy for everyone. 

I'm not sure how much clearer than "dont book summer holidays abroad" you need them to be. The messaging unpleasant as it is has been crystal clear for weeks now.

Sorry to interrupt your smugfest but the holiday was booked in December 2019 before anyone had heard of covid as we are going away for my old dear’s 60th and it took a bit of planning. If they are cancelling holidays then so be it, but its getting to the point where they need to actually commit, is the travel ban going to unreasonably go for the rest of 2021 or is it not? Its unfair to people in similar situations and indeed those who rely on the travel and tourism sector for their employment.  
Clownshoes and Nicola can wag the finger and ‘advise against booking’ but until they act like a government and actually commit to a position fully then they look weak and out of control. Its unfair to make half hearted industry destroying statements but they should own their decisions and the financial repercussions.