Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Really hating the fact that the Tory govt are appearing like heroes in this vaccine "success".

I detest the Tory government but the supply and delivery of vaccines has largely gone very well. It’s pretty much the only good thing they’ve done in this whole shit show but there we are.

5 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I detest the Tory government but the supply and delivery of vaccines has largely gone very well. It’s pretty much the only good thing they’ve done in this whole shit show but there we are.

That's what I mean though. The utter mess they created shouldn't be forgiven or forgotten due to the vaccine rollout.

That's what I mean though. The utter mess they created shouldn't be forgiven or forgotten due to the vaccine rollout.
There will be a time for public inquiry chaired by one of their pals who will spend millions of pounds of public money dragging it out as long as possible to sweep all their indiscretions under a massive rug, but that time is not now.

This is a time to get the cigars out as the vaccines get this virus fired into the fucking sun.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

AstraZeneca and Pfizer deserve most of the praise rather than Boris and the cynical way he avoided doing care homes first so he could crow about having a faster vaccination rate than Scotland will be remembered by many. That decision cost lives and was made in the full knowledge it would do so.

It won’t be. But like it or not we need them to put an end to this shite and thankfully it seems they might be finally getting there. 

The enquiry will hopefully be useful in terms of better preparation for the next pandemic but in terms of getting someone to take responsibility Boris lied to the Queen and the Parliament and refused to stand down, the Attorney General refused to investigate contempt of court because it was the Sun Newspaper she also lost all credibility by defending someone breaking the law, Hancock was found to have acted unlawfully, Patel was found to have abused her staff all of which would have been issues serious enough to be chucked for all during the pandemic. There is a slim chance they throw someone under the bus but I don't think it will be particularly effective in a lot of people exposing their mistakes and then being accountable. And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.

42 minutes ago, 101 said:

The enquiry will hopefully be useful in terms of better preparation for the next pandemic but in terms of getting someone to take responsibility Boris lied to the Queen and the Parliament and refused to stand down, the Attorney General refused to investigate contempt of court because it was the Sun Newspaper she also lost all credibility by defending someone breaking the law, Hancock was found to have acted unlawfully, Patel was found to have abused her staff all of which would have been issues serious enough to be chucked for all during the pandemic. There is a slim chance they throw someone under the bus but I don't think it will be particularly effective in a lot of people exposing their mistakes and then being accountable. And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.

Trump's America has given right wing parties in formerly perceived "honourable" democracies the blueprint for lying through their teeth, making money from the public, and generally doing the f**k you want without being accountable. 

The days of accountability are gone. It wouldn't even surprise me too much if there wasn't an enquiry, or if there is, it's hamstrung by a far too narrow scope. 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Nice to see a MSM outlet (albeit the Mail) questing the covid deaths/with covid narrative. Maybe this is the beginning of the doom and gloom news reporting being binned

605E305A-3C1E-46E9-927B-0C1BBA77DCEA.jpeg

I don’t think this is a good thing, at all. It’s tinfoil hat nonsense, as has been previously discussed many times, and a national paper feeding into this is a bad thing.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

And that's all before you look up here in sure a few people would have thought Swinney should have gone over the schools although obviously not as serious a breach as any of his Westminster counterparts.

He made a monumental arse of things in more than one way, so he should be in danger of losing his job. He didn't "breach" anything at all, he's just not very good at it.

The fact that the Tories are corrupt and useless doesn't give SNP ministers carte blanche to also be rubbish and escape any consequences on the basis of "at least we're no as bad as thaim".

Nice to see a MSM outlet (albeit the Mail) questing the covid deaths/with covid narrative. Maybe this is the beginning of the doom and gloom news reporting being binned
605E305A-3C1E-46E9-927B-0C1BBA77DCEA.thumb.jpeg.8ea3d0b9df959eddd71794c0eaf4ded0.jpeg
Nice...it's conspiracy theory / denier shite plain and simple. To also imply there is some sort of stigma or shame to have died suffering from Covid is the Heil trying for buy in that it's a disease of the poor and ethnic minorities. It's fucking despicable and you call it "nice to see" !!!

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I see every ‘lockdown forever just incase’ types favourite professor is now preaching essentially that normality shouldnt return until every child is vaccinated. 

First or second dose?  For right or wrong there's an argument at least worth listening to about first dose. 

Children are born every day as well so this is unworkable! 

Edited by itzdrk