Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Anecdotal, perhaps, but my mum has her jag scheduled for Wednesday in Ravenscraig. Given that is one of the "super hub" type places I'm taking that as a good indication the numbers should be increasing over the next few days.

My dad has his on Thursday. He is 60 and everyone else he knows who are the same age also have appointments between Monday and Saturday this week. Sounds like a big ramp up.

It is actually run out the pub my BIL runs in Whitletts, he wouldn't have been daft enough to have partied in there. 
Your general point about Rangers will have an affect but we've currently got 3 schools closed, 2 of which are in that general area. 
Isn't the Whittlets numbers down to an outbreak at one of the car showrooms off the Whittlets roundabout ?

Loads of older boys at my work/spouses seem to be getting it this week too. A guy came with an NHS phone number which some of them phoned and got their appointment before their letters arrive. In a few cases, the letter will arrive on the day of their vaccine (tomorrow) or after. Seems theres maybe a wee issue there. 

The test positivity rate suggests that the increased case numbers are down to more testing (teachers, schoolkids and asymptomatic centres) picking up more asymptomatic people, rather than any sort of major surge in actual cases.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
51 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
It is actually run out the pub my BIL runs in Whitletts, he wouldn't have been daft enough to have partied in there. 
Your general point about Rangers will have an affect but we've currently got 3 schools closed, 2 of which are in that general area. 

Isn't the Whittlets numbers down to an outbreak at one of the car showrooms off the Whittlets roundabout ?

I don't know, Braehead Primary has a dozen teachers plus some pupils with covid, Dalmilling Primary and Heathfield Primary are also closed. 

Braehead and Dalmilling are right next Whitletts and Heathfield is not even a mile away.

9 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Both my parents are scheduled in next week. They are 57 and 61. That'll be all my unpaid carers had their vaccine by next week which is excellent and makes me feel a lot more comforted having them in and out the house. 

It highlights a wee flaw in all this. 

Anecdotal, perhaps, but my mum has her jag scheduled for Wednesday in Ravenscraig. Given that is one of the "super hub" type places I'm taking that as a good indication the numbers should be increasing over the next few days.
They've just started an every 10 min bus service from Motherwell Station to the centre too to coincide with it so they must be expecting decent numbers too. Good that they've done that as otherwise it's a fair walk from either end to the centre.

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are the SNP actively trying to put people off voting for them?

I was assuming that was a joke ?

Surely it isn't real ??

Guest Bob Mahelp

My brother lives in Lerwick, is early 50's, and he and his missus were vaccinated on Friday.

The islands must really be ahead of the curve with vaccinations. 

WATTOO bobs his head up every few weeks or months, no doubt at the end of a very heavy session. Very sad so see people turn to alcohol and terrible posting during the lockdown. Many such cases!

Just now, ICTChris said:

WATTOO bobs his head up every few weeks or months, no doubt at the end of a very heavy session. Very sad so see people turn to alcohol and terrible posting during the lockdown. Many such cases!

I post every single day and have only drank twice in the past 12 months, sorry to disappoint you.

I really can't be doing with this playing to the gallery stuff, best to leave that to your pals in the lynch mob.

Fortunately they're all on ignore so if you or anyone else don't appreciate my opinions then I'd suggest you do the same then you won't have to read them.