Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you defending him now then? Quite hard to follow with the number of knots you are tying yourself in here.

I'm not tying myself in any knots, I like his delivery but ultimately he's doing Sturgeons bidding. 

30 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Al they will have to look forward to is the public inquiry, which will be rather harsh on many of them.

I am very much looking forward to seeing a few of them squirming when there words are played back to them. 

Jennie Harries and face marks making Covid worse and Leitch's comments on sporting events will be two highlights. 

WE JUST DIDN'T KNOW! 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Good, balanced article which rationally highlights, in comforting terms, that most 'Covid long haulers!' are, unsurprisingly, fantasist Helen Lovejoy types.

Without wishing to get into this again (already discussed on another thread) one of the first big Long Covid articles heavily leans on an account by someone who has been accused of making up their symptoms.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Without wishing to get into this again (already discussed on another thread) one of the first big Long Covid articles heavily leans on an account by someone who has been accused of making up their symptoms.

Which thread was this discussed in? I’d be keen to go back and read it.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Imagine not having ayrmad on Ignore at this stage

Imagine what it would be like if every adult did the it's ma baw routine, there wouldn't be many of the let me out brigade left. 

Edited by ayrmad

He said something about not expecting international travel for "a while", and then the presenters pressed him on it. I thought "oh, here we go", but he then started talking about that sort of stuff in three months and more wide loosening in the autumn (I can't remember the exact details but that was what I took from it).
I think that's what most people expect - especially given the shambles that some European countries have made of vaccines.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Did anyone do the minute's silence thing? I didn't, and probably won't stand on my doorstep tonight waving a torch through my neighbour's window, or whatever the latest wheeze is. 

That for me is one of the narratives of the pandemic that the Tories, the BBC and the rest will always push. Clapping on doorsteps, Captain Tom, rainbows in windows, all coming together - whilst ignoring the other face of this coin, increased domestic violence, deteriorating mental health, impact on education, the economy, other forms of healthcare. You just know that for the next 20 years talking heads will be popping up talking about the spirit of the Covid pandemic as if it's something to aspire to.

Nope I didnt, for many of the reasons you listed. What about the deaths that's happened in the last year that weren't due to covid? Gestures like this makes me feel those "dont matter" as they werent caused by covid.

We're all in this together has been one of my most hated phrases from this year, along with the stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS one

Nope I didnt, for many of the reasons you listed. What about the deaths that's happened in the last year that weren't due to covid? Gestures like this makes me feel those "dont matter" as they werent caused by covid.
We're all in this together has been one of my most hated phrases from this year, along with the stay at home, save lives, protect the NHS one

All lives matter, amirite?

Whitty as he deletes another Sridhar #ZeroCovid mewl unread
f57a09c7ad52345a8b807fd1e2775a45.gif.2069352ff7c2e8a5dfb92d2b819c7af8.gif

What’s really interesting is the comments underneath the tweet, where it would appear that our English cousins have a very similar view of Whitty as some on here have of Leitch and Devi.

A prophet in their own land, and all that...