Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

What would you say the most greeting-faced profession is? Teachers are definitely up there. Nurses run them close. There are definitely a few others I’m sure I’m missing though. Any public sector worker tbf.

I’d teach if I was getting paid in golden pigs.

I can only assume you're an auto-didact who has never, and will never, require hospital treatment or similar NHS help. Or a tory. 

I know where my money's going. 

Pretty relaxed about staying in Level 2 tbh, doesn’t make much difference, nae fitbaw on anyway that’ll be affected by it.

An extra hour in the pub would have been nice but it’s no like you canny just go for a drink in your gaff/your mates gaff after the boozers shut.

As long as we stay out level 3 then I’m no gonna be too bothered.

Having said that if we’ve no moved forward by the time the football is back then my view will be different.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

At least shes on record saying hospitalisations etc are being smoked by the vaccines and the evidence about the delta/indian/whatever the f**k variant is positive. Mon the vaccines. 

That was the big takeaway for me

Any future decisions are not going to be taken on case numbers 

It’s hospital numbers and percentage of population who are vaccinated 

THANK f**k

The boffins who came up with these vaccines should get free pints for life 

From the BBC

The following areas will move to level one from one minute past midnight on Saturday:

Highland,

Argyll and Bute

Aberdeen City

Aberdeenshire

Moray

Angus

Perth and Kinross

Falkirk

Fife

Inverclyde,

East and West Lothian,

West Dunbartonshire,

Dumfries and Galloway

and the Borders.

The first minister says case numbers are still high in some areas of Scotland and they will be held at level 2 for a further period.

In addition to Glasgow, these areas are:

Edinburgh

Midlothian

Dundee

East Dunbartonshire

Renfrewshire

East Renfrewshire,

North Ayrshire

South Ayrshire

East Ayrshire

North Lanarkshire

South Lanarkshire

Clackmannanshire

Stirling

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There was somebody that owns a soft play on the radio this morning. Sounds like Jason Leitch personally wrote the guidance for them. 

One way systems for 2 year olds on the ball pit amongst a multitude of other insane rules. 

Batshit mental. Could be awesome watching the poor employees trying to police it, though..

I didn't see the briefing but if she's said case numbers will be given less focus and they'll be looking at hospital numbers instead then that can only be a good thing.

That being said, is there any indication of what level of hospitilations would be "acceptable"? Numbers got down to 60 odds but have gone back up over 100 - I'm guessing they must be quite comfortable with that given they haven't shat it and fired us all back into levels 3 and 4.

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

I didn't see the briefing but if she's said case numbers will be given less focus and they'll be looking at hospital numbers instead then that can only be a good thing.

That being said, is there any indication of what level of hospitilations would be "acceptable"? Numbers got down to 60 odds but have gone back up over 100 - I'm guessing they must be quite comfortable with that given they haven't shat it and fired us all back into levels 3 and 4.

You'd hope that with the vaccine working so well, the 100 odd must be easily manageable along with all the other patients in hospital without Covid.

Pretty relaxed about staying in Level 2 tbh, doesn’t make much difference, nae fitbaw on anyway that’ll be affected by it.
An extra hour in the pub would have been nice but it’s no like you canny just go for a drink in your gaff/your mates gaff after the boozers shut.
As long as we stay out level 3 then I’m no gonna be too bothered.
Having said that if we’ve no moved forward by the time the football is back then my view will be different.

The knock-on impact is my concern. There is certainly little difference between the two levels but the end of June for Level 0 is presumably gone now for those staying in Level 2 today.

And we still don’t know what ‘beyond Level 0’ will look like, particularly for crowds.

Just now, Paco said:

The knock-on impact is my concern. There is certainly little difference between the two levels but the end of June for Level 0 is presumably gone now for those staying in Level 2 today.

And we still don’t know what ‘beyond Level 0’ will look like, particularly for crowds.

I'd expect a few Level 2 areas to move down to Level 1 over the next couple of weeks, so I don't think there's any guarantee that they can't then also drop to Level 0 as planned at the end of the month. I'd say it seems less likely that Glasgow will get to Level 0 by then.

Soft play can open, pubs can stay open a little longer, and you can have up to 1,000 outdoors seated at the football etc. 
That's pretty much it, though. 
Doubles the potential number you can have at a wedding as well - with all sorts of complications!

The 50/100 that you're allowed has to include everyone that doesn't work at the venue (so photographer, etc.) and children (even though they don't count for anything else)

With the increase, it then depends on the venue capacity with social distancing, which then won't normally include the photographer or children...

Great fun planning a wedding at the moment!

Just now, TheScarf said:

You'd hope that with the vaccine working so well, the 100 odd must be easily manageable along with all the other patients in hospital without Covid.

You would think so, and the numbers in ICU are even more manageable, you'd have thought. I was getting pissed off with the reliance on case numbers, especially asymptomatic. I mean, if you've got the 'flu, or any other viral infection, and are asymptomatic, would you say "I've got the 'flu"? You wouldn't even know you had it. Imagine the numbers if we tested everybody come November! But with Covid, all cases are treated as statistically equivalent, and peddled as life-threatening when the majority simply aren't. 

Crazy that we're still even talking about restrictions when there has been about 4 covid related deaths in a month. Get everything binned (masks, social distancing, one way systems etc) as vaccines have done their job and prevented the elderly and vulnerable from dying. Let's not wreck our economy or peoples mental heath even more "just incase" 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Doubles the potential number you can have at a wedding as well - with all sorts of complications!

The 50/100 that you're allowed has to include everyone that doesn't work at the venue (so photographer, etc.) and children (even though they don't count for anything else)

With the increase, it then depends on the venue capacity with social distancing, which then won't normally include the photographer or children...

In the same boat mate. We’re getting married on the 3rd of July and had hoped for Level 0. It’s absolutely nuts. Can barely remember what we can do or can’t do.

The reception is in Renfrewshire so assuming it’ll be Level 1.

8 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Being allowed more while still subject to a limit seems worse, tbh.

At least with a low limit, you can easily justify restricting to close friends and family. Once you get to a limit that's fairly high but still less than you'd like, that's when the fights begin.