Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This one?

India.png

It's like people think each new variant means a new virus and a new pandemic. Hilarious.

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

PCR tests aren't considered inaccurate, are they?

Only in the conspiracy theorist playbook.

50 minutes ago, Detournement said:

They detect traces of the virus but they don't distinguish between active virus and dead virus and can mistake other virus residue for Covid. 

The NHS use 45 cycles when testing but they are only considered accurate up to 30 cycles.

As can be seen here.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

It's like people think each new variant means a new virus and a new pandemic. Hilarious.

Only in the conspiracy theorist playbook.

As can be seen here.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30453-7/fulltext 

0.8%-4% false positive rate. 

They are obviously good for diagnosing people with symptoms and close contacts but they aren't designed to be used for testing large groups of people with no symptoms or known exposure to the virus. 

He should resign, or be sacked.
Its easy to claim he got the numbers wrong and make his apologies on that basis, but thats a total strawman. Its what he was using the numbers to infer and on that basis, the accuracy of the numbers doesnt actually matter. He was claiming peoples actions, which were allowed under the restrictions, were directly putting their own and other peoples lives at risk.

Totally irrelevant whether the actual number is 20 and he said 40. The issue is his scaremongering hyperbole. p***k.

That's not very liberal, imho
I'm amazed at how many people I see wearing a face mask outside.
It was the hypocrisy of it I was getting at (albeit a few days ago now). I tend to agree that here in Ayrshire since we started this spike there are definitely more people voluntarily wearing masks in the street. Personally find it bizarre but each to their own.

I don't think that having to take an inaccurate test which could wrongly stick you in isolation for 10 days is an acceptable condition of attending a football match.
This. I had an argument with my son who was adamant I should be taking a lft before the game on Monday as requested. He was told in no uncertain terms that there is absolutely no way I was going to take a test that might prevent me doing something I had been waiting to do for 23 years. f**k THAT !

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

I feel fucking woeful after my one. It was in a little hall, as I was waiting to get in I could see some fella lying down on a medical bed who looked a bit flustered, turned out he had fainted. I had my one done and didn't feel anything. Sat on a chair, and then felt very sick and light headed. The nurse obviously saw I was about to hit the floor so told me to go and lie on the bed, but as I was moving over, another guy fell off his chair and was given priority to lie down. I sat back down, and felt like I was going to spew so was given one of those little bowl things that look like a trilby. Fortunately kept it down, but as I was getting up to leave, another girl hit the deck. In fairness, it was fucking roasting in there.

Still feeling grim now, head is a bit fuzzy, but glad it is out the way. 

Only a slight sorearm after the Pfizer one. Might get the dodgy side effects after my second. 

After all the pant wetting over the fanzone it looks bloody deserted.

Im here and albeit it’s a while before kick off at least half the tables are empty.

You need to wear a face mask until you’re seated for…..reasons. 6 quid a pint of Heineken, 5.50 a cider and 3 for a 500ml soft drink.

15 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Im here and albeit it’s a while before kick off at least half the tables are empty.

You need to wear a face mask until you’re seated for…..reasons. 6 quid a pint of Heineken, 5.50 a cider and 3 for a 500ml soft drink.

Sounds like a great way to spend a chilly evening.  You’re really selling it.

So June 21st which everyone was looking forward to for months is going to be scrapped. They have been building towards the official cancellation for 4 weeks now since that Friday night unscheduled press conference.

Does anyone now expect social distancing to be dropped this year?

Sounds like a great way to spend a chilly evening.  You’re really selling it.

What about if I tell you you get a metal detector search, you need to buy a box of 6 pies for 20 quid or maybe a pizza for 12.50 (14 for veggies) or how about a burger and chips for 11.50.

Mmmmmm.

Whether it's my failing eyesight or just the stupidity of people around Bristol and beyond, but social distancing doesn't exist anymore. Felt better with one way systems and floor marking along with folk being sensible but that's gone now.No idea how long this will go on, or whether we'll just have to manage our lives around stuff (my choice ) 

7 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Whether it's my failing eyesight or just the stupidity of people around Bristol and beyond, but social distancing doesn't exist anymore. Felt better with one way systems and floor marking along with folk being sensible but that's gone now.No idea how long this will go on, or whether we'll just have to manage our lives around stuff (my choice ) 

😂😂😂

Got myself Pfizered up yesterday at ravenscraig for my first dose. Only really had a sore arm this morning in terms of side effects, although I now have an overwhelming urge to buy Microsoft products. Make of that what you will. I'm 21, and I was only in the place for about half an hour at most. Delicious. 

Edited by ChrisMFCfan1886

59 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

What was the steward situation like? Outnumbering the punters?