Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Literally any symptom. 

I feel knackered and have a headache after most days at work. I'm also 23-years-old.

It's strange. I felt like that a lot pre-Pandemic too, but I suppose it must now be Covid. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Yeah, I've put on a stone in weight since the start of 2020.

Quite a few people I know have fared even worse.

Its quite strange but there doesnt appear a lot of middle ground.  Most people I know have either used the extra time to get into the best shape they've been in in years or, like myself, turned into utter fat b*****ds.

Im almost 10kg heavier than I was in February 2020.  Need a concerted effort over the next few months to do something about it.

I hear weight gain is now a symptom of Covid. As is weight loss

Better get tested just in case.

Just now, Snafu said:

I entered lockdown at 13.5 stone. I'm currently just under 15.5 stone. Whilst I still exercise, Messrs McVitie and Just Eat have been good friends to me during WFH. Hence I am going into office as much as I can. 

28 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Its quite strange but there doesnt appear a lot of middle ground.  Most people I know have either used the extra time to get into the best shape they've been in in years or, like myself, turned into utter fat b*****ds.

I was as fit as I've ever been during the first lockdown, running every second day (or more), yoga at night, lots of walking. However, my daughter arrived in September and I've fallen more into the latter category since then - the running and yoga have ground to a halt, so walking is my only exercise, and we're eating more shite because we can't be bothered cooking half the time.

20 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Wonder what that fraud Gurdasani makes of this. 

Screenshot_20210701_115623_com.android.chrome.jpg

Long Covid is most definitely that age old case of a minute fraction of people having something particularly nasty and a huge amount of Walter Mittys, chancers or hypochondriacs self diagnosing that because they still feel a bit shite 6 weeks later that 'ah've goat that as well'.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Long Covid is most definitely that age old case of a minute fraction of people having something particularly nasty and a huge amount of Walter Mittys, chancers or hypochondriacs self diagnosing that because they still feel a bit shite 6 weeks later that 'ah've goat that as well'.

Agreed. I've absolutely no time at all for us relying on self reports either. It's creating a misleading narrative that's being used to beat us with. 

I just enjoyed Gurdasani's stroppiness yesterday insisting that 7-8% of children suffered symptoms longer than 12 weeks. Here, a self reporting survey, which is almost certainly an exaggeration, puts that at no more than 0.5% reporting symptoms after 4 weeks, one third of the time. 

She's a misinformation merchant. 

I've no doubt the guy is a bit of a p***k but on what grounds could they reasonably sack him?
Pretty much for being a p***k. Deserved.

No matter what you or I, or anyone think of Whitty, the poor c**t is just doing his job and doesn't deserve that shite.

People behaving like that are from the gutter and I'd stretch it to say he'd brought disrepute on his employer. That would be my reason for firing him into the sun if I was his employer.

36 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It's a benefit scrounger and slackers dream.