Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'd be ok with removing mask mandates for places where still vulnerable people have a choice whether to go or not, like pubs, restaurants, football etc, but keeping them for supermarkets, public transport, hospitals and the like  for a while longer.

Bold from Old Man Danger to claim people want restrictions lifted with no regard for the consequences to others given he was "jerking off" over the Christmas free for all which killed thousands of people and saw everything closed down for months on end.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'd be ok with removing mask mandates for places where still vulnerable people have a choice whether to go or not, like pubs, restaurants, football etc, but keeping them for supermarkets, public transport, hospitals and the like  for a while longer.

Totally agree.  Sadly “get masks in the bin” is more simplistic (and gets you more greenies).

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Bold from Old Man Danger to claim people want restrictions lifted with no regard for the consequences to others given he was "jerking off" over the Christmas free for all which killed thousands of people and saw everything closed down for months on end.

Did he not calculate it would be a bit more than that? 

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ I’m very left wing when left wing policies suit me; just don’t ask me to care about other people.

I’m massively left wing and extremely liberal.

I’m also pragmatic and accept that people die.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I get the impression some posters on here don’t want to be inconvenienced and would be happy to see the removal of all restrictions regardless of the potentially damaging impact on others in order to remove these inconveniences.

The use of the “impact on the economy” and “effect on mental health” arguments are just convenient excuses.

I like the practise of subsituting the words "the economy" with "rich people's wealth" helps make a bit more sense of the situation. 

I get the impression some posters on here don’t want to be inconvenienced and would be happy to see the removal of all restrictions regardless of the potentially damaging impact on others in order to remove these inconveniences.
The use of the “impact on the economy” and “effect on mental health” arguments are just convenient excuses.

I'm very left wing and think the restrictions should be chucked into the nearest skip.  Particularly face masks.

^^^ I’m very left wing when left wing policies suit me; just don’t ask me to care about other people.

Pretty easy to act the sanctimonious w****r when any potential non-covid concern for others, such as the two in the above example, have already been dismissed by yourself (with no actual basis in evidence) because they incovencience your virtuous bullshit.

You have some fucking neck criticising anyone on this thread the way you carry on, with your constant defence if the SNP at all costs, but the above is another level of embarrassment. That you even though it, let alone post it is absolutely batshit.

"Folk are just pretending to care about their livlihoods, businesses etc, and mental health cos they CBA wearing masks" is the crux of what you have just posted.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

I'll take the red!

You seem to be an informative sol brother of knowledge, a higher educated man than myself, to be honest is not difficult. My sentence structure, spelling are easily fllowd.

Big question is have you ever herd this tune.  It's one of my favourites, if so PM me X 

Right song, wrong video.

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a couple of right Tory arseholes on here who would certainly change tack if the question of mental health funding was  raised.

I've always seen this particular argument coming from the right/freedom fighters as insincere and dare I say an example of Lovejoying itself. 

Edited by btb

Daily Cases Update:  Decent Day 3 of dropping cases. Down higher than expected at 3.45% Expect another decrease tomorrow before possibly an increase again on Sunday after todays figures.

South Tyneside has now gone past Dundee in the UKs most deadly councils. 

New European figures today.   Scotland 400.1, England 267.1, Northern Ireland 136.5, Wales 124.5, Portugal 109.3 to 118.0,  Russia 97.8 to 100.0,   Spain 76.3 to 92.9, at other end we have Poland 1.9 to 1.8, Germany 5.1 to 5.0, Italy 7.4 to 7.5, Czech 9.0 to 8.5, Switzerland 8.4 to 9.0, Sweden 14.2 to 16.0 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Scotland peaks (Hopefully) at 425.1 for 27th June to 3rd July, (UK was 229.9) . Cases that day were 23,222 and positivity 10.8%

Scotland previously peaked at 301.9 for figures 29th Dec to 4th Jan, (UK was 642.1)    Cases that day were 16,496 and test positivity rate was 11.9%  

Total Cases 7 days from 30th June to 6th July  were   22,641 now 21,858 down 3.45%.  Positivity was 10.7%  now 10.4%.   Cases per 100k were  414.4 now 400.1

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average 256.2 to 267.1 up 4.25%, England  252.0 to 263.9 up 4.72%,  Wales 116.9 to 124.5 up 6.50%, Northern Ireland  130.6 to 136.5 up 4.52%

Council progress in last 24 Hours as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

LEVEL 2 RED

Dundee City  874.6 to 815.0   3rd day of dropping. Down 6.81%

Midlothian   720.3 to 708.4  Also appears to be in reversal

East Lothian   579.9 to 564.0 LEVEL 1 

City Of Edinburgh 563.9 to 535.5  Another on 3rd day of decreases.

Perth & Kinross     530.4 to 514.6  LEVEL 1  

Angus  508.6 to 510.3 LEVEL 1

Inverclyde  496.1 to 509.0  LEVEL 1  Still Rising

West Dunbartonshire  495.9 to 474.5  LEVEL 1 Again 3rd day of decreasing.

Glasgow City  491.4 to 468.0

East Renfrewshire    482.6 to 463.7

Renfrewshire   491.9 to 461.2

East Dunbartonshire   481.4 to 449.2

Fife  456.2 to 436.6 LEVEL 1

Aberdeen City  433.4 to 422.9  LEVEL1

West Lothian  388.3 to 388.9   LEVEL1  

North Lanarkshire   385.2 to 380.2  

East Ayrshire  366.4 to 341.0  

Falkirk   334.4 to 333.1  LEVEL 1

South Lanarkshire  323.2 to 301.1

North Ayrshire  297.6 to 296.9

Scottish  Borders    279.6 to 296.9  LEVEL 1

Stirling     247.3 to 254.8

Highlands   260.8 to 247.2 LEVEL 1

Aberdeenshire   231.6 to 237.7  LEVEL 1

South Ayrshire  253.1 to 230.0

Argyll & Bute   201.5 to 213.1  LEVEL 1

Clackmannanshire    207.6 to 199.8

OFFICIAL  LEVEL 1 BLACK

Dumfries & Galloway 138.4 to 129.0

Moray  90.8 to 89.8

OFFICIAL LEVEL 0  Teuchters in Green

Orkney Islands   53.9 to 67.4

Western Isles  37.4 to 48.7

Shetland Islands    34.9 to 26.2

Edited by superbigal

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pretty easy to act the sanctimonious w****r when any potential non-covid concern for others, such as the two in the above example, have already been dismissed by yourself (with no actual basis in evidence) because they incovencience your virtuous bullshit.

You have some fucking neck criticising anyone on this thread the way you carry on, with your constant defence if the SNP at all costs, but the above is another level of embarrassment. That you even though it, let alone post it is absolutely batshit.

"Folk are just pretending to care about their livlihoods, businesses etc, and mental health cos they CBA wearing masks" is the crux of what you have just posted.

^^^ angry wee man syndrome.

10 minutes ago, btb said:

I've always seen this particular argument coming from the right/freedom fighters as insincere and dare I say an example of Lovejoying itself. 

Scoffing at anyone for being a "freedom fighter" probably isn't the virtuous left wing take that you think it is.

3,216 new cases of COVID-19 reported
35,331 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
9.9% of these were positive
6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
39 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (from 38)
427 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (from 401)
3,911,189 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,843,938 have received their second dose

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

My favourite bit was his ‘evidence’ of lifting restrictions being dangerous to the vulnerable being an article where a shan Covid sufferers support group made up of entirely unqualified nobodies who don’t trust the vaccines have said so.

AA473017-B95E-4792-A424-895B9EE256DF.png

Edited by Honest_Man#1