Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Not sure if anyone will know more detail about this but I’ve obviously got covid just now and my first dose was meant to be today so I’ve had to postpone.

My vaccine now will need to wait and I’m told I need to wait 4 weeks from a positive test for it to work properly which takes me to the 6th of August which would mean a 2nd dose on the 1st of October at the earliest.

Anyone know anything about how strictly this is followed and how closely they monitor this/how important it is? I’m due to be going to Italy on the 11th of October and I’m totally paranoid that I’ll end up missing it because I’ll need double jagged minus 3 weeks or something when the time comes. I’m not gonna come out of isolation and go straight for my jag but even moving it a week to 10 days forward would give me a bit more leeway. 

Anyone knowledgeable at all with that regard?

I wasn't able to move my second jag to any date prior to exactly 8 weeks since my first one. Not sure if that was a lack of availability or a systemic block put on the second dose.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I wasn't able to move my second jag to any date prior to exactly 8 weeks since my first one. Not sure if that was a lack of availability or a systemic block put on the second dose.

Cool - suspect I’ll be doing a walk in by august because appointments don’t seem to work beyond longer than a week at the moment anyway so not sure if that makes it any difference.

Don’t mind waiting the 8 weeks between it would just be easier if I didn’t need to wait 4 weeks for my first.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I know of people who were turned away from walk-in clinics when trying to get their second dose prior to 8 weeks. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
41 minutes ago, The Master said:

What’s our thoughts about today’s announcement? 

There’s been very little speculation in the media, which I’m taking as a good sign. Previous announcements about delays or increased restrictions have been preceded by a steady drip of “things are bad”, especially on Reporting Scotland, but I’ve not seen anything like that this time round. 

Given that Johnson is....quelle surprise.....making an utter khunt of things, I would reckon that whatever Sturgeon says will be unequivocal and leave little room for interpretation. 

52 minutes ago, The Master said:

There’s been very little speculation in the media, which I’m taking as a good sign. Previous announcements about delays or increased restrictions have been preceded by a steady drip of “things are bad”, especially on Reporting Scotland, but I’ve not seen anything like that this time round. 

No reason to move from the planned dates.

Anything remotely positive or upbeat from Sturgepn, Clownshoes will caveat the f**k out of, especially relating to football crowds.

I'd actually like to hear some quite pointed and specific questions around vaccine supply, targets etc. Too often journalists will ask 3/4 different things within a question which means none of them are addressed as fully as they might otherwise be.

Got my second vaccine appointment there but would require travelling on a bus for over an hour. Literally a half dozen other places doing them closer than that one.

Don't see much point rearranging as the site just says no appointments available anywhere, I'll just go to one of the drop in centres.

21 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Cool - suspect I’ll be doing a walk in by august because appointments don’t seem to work beyond longer than a week at the moment anyway so not sure if that makes it any difference.

Don’t mind waiting the 8 weeks between it would just be easier if I didn’t need to wait 4 weeks for my first.

They are strict on that ,but i am not sure if they can check your covid test data.

In Perth you were asked at the door, at the check point and again at the desk if you had any symptoms or had had covid at any point in the last 28 days.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Not trying to be political here but I just wish we could deal with this as one country, especially the rules regarding foreign travel.

Must be hell for people in the travel and holiday industry.

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

No reason to move from the planned dates.

Anything remotely positive or upbeat from Sturgepn, Clownshoes will caveat the f**k out of, especially relating to football crowds.

I'd actually like to hear some quite pointed and specific questions around vaccine supply, targets etc. Too often journalists will ask 3/4 different things within a question which means none of them are addressed as fully as they might otherwise be.

He was the one who made the initial claim about full crowds being back after the August date.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Will be some sort of level 0.5 I think.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Too often journalists will ask 3/4 different things within a question which means none of them are addressed as fully as they might otherwise be.

Also the journalists here seem to ask ridiculous trap type questions.  Subjects tenuously linked for a cheap headline rather than asking questions that actually challenge decisions or the reasoning.

Just now, Abdul_Latif said:

Keep seeing similar opinions to this, but not a lot of proof. Seems like an anti Tory sound bite for the sake of it tbh.

I'll give you mine, for what it's worth. Yesterday's statement from Johnson was the clearest one yet. Run it through the bullshít/Latin/waffle filter, and it reads:

"Right, peasants, here's how it is. This pandemic is far from over. You lot are obviously fed up with adhering to mandatory restrictions and requirements. Fair enough, I've never really bothered with them myself, and neither have most of my cronies. 

I'm reliably informed that the amount of cash funnelled directly from the taxpayer (i.e. you) to Tory Donors is getting to such a level that even the MSM are starting to sniff around, so it's probably time to stop harvesting that particular Money Tree - so here's what we're going to do: Freedom Day is going ahead! (hopefully I said that loudly enough that the plebs don't notice the Police Bill passing). However, I don't want you to think this is over. The virus is still out there - cunning, sly and undeniably foreign.

Bottom line - I've spent fifteen months playing soundbite politics with your lives, and letting bodies pile up where they fall. Common people's bodies, though, and some of them would be getting kicked out of Glorious Albion soon, anyway. I'm fucking bored with it now. We are still seeing hospitalisation and deaths are increasing again, and no cúnt appears to have tried to plan for the Winter ahead. So, bin your masks, hug your neighbours, and pack out the clubs. Just remember, when the bodies pile up, It's your fault. Nothing to do with me. Got that? Good. I'm off to check out Tinder. It's boring being married. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
25 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Keep seeing similar opinions to this, but not a lot of proof. Seems like an anti Tory sound bite for the sake of it tbh.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/12/from-freedom-to-caution-a-week-of-mixed-messages-on-covid-reopening

What do you need proof of ? Johnson made a grand statement about 'freedom' just over a week ago and has added caveats to that message every day since. 

The messages have been confusing and misleading, but are utterly typical of Johnson's leadership.

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/12/from-freedom-to-caution-a-week-of-mixed-messages-on-covid-reopening

What do you need proof of ? Johnson made a grand statement about 'freedom' just over a week ago and has added caveats to that message every day since. 

The messages have been confusing and misleading, but are utterly typical of Johnson's leadership.

We are never going to agree here, but I find the UK briefings backed up by data and the graphs etc far clearer than the Scottish ones where the FM gives a statement that we are just to take at face value then answers inane questions in a huff for an hour. 

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

We are never going to agree here, but I find the UK briefings backed up by data and the graphs etc far clearer than the Scottish ones where the FM gives a statement that we are just to take at face value then answers inane questions in a huff for an hour. 

I genuinely don't understand why the SG do not present the data. NS will often reference it in relation to easing / tightening restrictions, but never gives the detail.