Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Shits hitting the fan here.....

Children who catch the virus are being separated from their parents/family and put into isolation centres throughout the country, no matter what age they are.

f**k this place, nobodies taking my kids away, without a fight on their hands.

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

When I saw the 50,000 at TRNSMT headline I assumed it was 50k per day. Just seen BBC say it's 50k over the 3 days so only 16/17k per day on a Green that used to accommodate 80k. Is that right ???

It's 50k per day.

10 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

When I saw the 50,000 at TRNSMT headline I assumed it was 50k per day. Just seen BBC say it's 50k over the 3 days so only 16/17k per day on a Green that used to accommodate 80k. Is that right ???

Just to confirm it is 50k per day

Shapps hailing the traffic light changes as "a good day for UK travellers" when f**k all has changed for anyone fancying a city break / long weekend. Testing even for a couple makes it financially unviable still. And now advising to take a PCR rather than LFT for prior departure from Spain, f**k right off !!!

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Shapps hailing the traffic light changes as "a good day for UK travellers" when f**k all has changed for anyone fancying a city break / long weekend. Testing even for a couple makes it financially unviable still. And now advising to take a PCR rather than LFT for prior departure from Spain, f**k right off !!!

Unless a PCR is mandatory, then he can piss off with that. The insistence on this testing can f**k off all the same. 

It's better than it was, but until the testing nonsense for fully-vaxxed passengers is gone, short breaks are an expensive pain in the arse. I don't think I'd consider a break any less than 5 days as it stands. 

France now amber and La Réunion now on the red list. A rare outbreak of sense! 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Why are we still pretending this is to keep the grannies safe? Why should kids have to take a vaccine for something that poses no risk to them to protect adults who are already double dosed? None of this shit makes sense anymore 

Why do low risk adults "have" to take a vaccine?

16 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Unless a PCR is mandatory, then he can piss off with that. The insistence on this testing can f**k off all the same. 

It's better than it was, but until the testing nonsense for fully-vaxxed passengers is gone, short breaks are an expensive pain in the arse. I don't think I'd consider a break any less than 5 days as it stands. 

Me taking a lateral flow test if i go to Spain 

1CC6B1B3-57B6-45E3-B615-2C8AA23E0C6E.gif

Yip. I've rolled over tickets for Longchamp in October but the testing makes a 2 night trip totally impracticable cost wise. Also got Canaries in November which is 2 weeks so would put up with additional cost for that and concern is today's Spain PCR advisory is the start of the usual drip feed that will be made mandatory at the next review.

We saw with the Indian/Delta variant that the testing system is pointless.

Let’s run the worst case scenario here and a British traveller tests positive with an unknown, vaccine-resistant variant picked up on a Day 2 PCR currently required on arrival from Spain. They tested negative pre-flight. It’ll take a while for it to be officially declared a ‘variant under investigation’ and weeks, months likely, before it becomes a ‘variant of concern’. In the meantime hundreds of thousands of British travellers will have arrived back from Spain, even the solitary person who tested positive on Day 2 will have taken the bus/train/taxi/lift from a family member, nipped to the supermarket, etc. It achieves nothing, the damage will be done.

We either trust the vaccines or seal ourselves off as much as possible. Testing achieves next to nothing at massive expense to the consumer.

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

We saw with the Indian/Delta variant that the testing system is pointless.

Let’s run the worst case scenario here and a British traveller tests positive with an unknown, vaccine-resistant variant picked up on a Day 2 PCR currently required on arrival from Spain. They tested negative pre-flight. It’ll take a while for it to be officially declared a ‘variant under investigation’ and weeks, months likely, before it becomes a ‘variant of concern’. In the meantime hundreds of thousands of British travellers will have arrived back from Spain, even the solitary person who tested positive on Day 2 will have taken the bus/train/taxi/lift from a family member, nipped to the supermarket, etc. It achieves nothing, the damage will be done.

We either trust the vaccines or seal ourselves off as much as possible. Testing achieves next to nothing at massive expense to the consumer.

But if they do it until after winter before dropping it as the impact of Covid in general nosedives off a cliff, the Lovejoys are appeased.

Not saying that's right, but they've dug themselves this hole with their mewling about variants.