Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The "vast majority"?

Don't be daft.  The vast majority will stay put until things change here, while perhaps feeling a bit disgruntled.

A very small proportion may head to England on the odd occasion.

Tbh There will be plenty pubs not complying so they’ll likely not need to stray far.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not actually a football match.

If this has peaked without a big cost in health and lives, that's tremendous in its own terms.  Is that not the story here?

I would say the story here is that neither the SG or their advisors appear to have anything like the level of understanding required of what works (and to what extent) that they need to to be flinging arbitrary restrictions on peoples' lives about like sweeties tbh.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If this has peaked without a big cost in health and lives, that's tremendous in its own terms.  Is that not the story here?

We just discounting the mental health aspects and suicides linked to hopelessness and money worries from shutting down sectors of the economy? 

Its certainly part of the story. Pre vaccines it would have been an even bigger part of the story. Now though, restrictions that damaged many, helped few, undermined the vaccine program going forward and werent neccessary based on data from elsewhere that was "real world" and called this exactly how it seems to be playing out has to form a much bigger part of any story, if we are ever to emerge from this pandemic.

Leaders have to be accountable and the available data is what we use to account for their acts/omissions... On this occassion, part of the story has to be that they overreacted and that there is a cost to their continual refusal to move on, to trust the vaccines and the continual determination to play politics.

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

We just discounting the mental health aspects and suicides linked to hopelessness and money worries from shutting down sectors of the economy? 

Of course not.

I know perfectly well that there are costs to shutting down aspects of life.  I've already said as much.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It is. It should also be seeing the end of Sturgeon, Drakeford and their lackies for imposing pointless, tyrannical measures on a whim.

game-of-thrones-got.gif

Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch.

Guess where the infection has been traced back too?

The pub? No they don’t drink
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course not.

I know perfectly well that there are costs to shutting down aspects of life.  I've already said as much.

I feel there would be less anger tbh if NS's decision making was properly held to account in Holyrood.

She's genuinely unaccountable for her actions atm, and no-one appears to dare challenge her because of political optics.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Well, the fiancees family has had a Covid outbreak linked to Christmas lunch.

Guess where the infection has been traced back too?

The pub? No they don’t drink
The football? Oh no they hate the sport
The theatre? Not been in years
A restaurant? No we’re avoiding them just now
A supermarket? No they get it delivered

It was picked up at a church event on Christmas Eve. The same churches that have absolutely no restrictions.

You should tweet that dentist fud that. Actually, he’ll probably block you.

35 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It is. It should also be seeing the end of Sturgeon, Drakeford and their lackies for imposing pointless, tyrannical measures on a whim.

game-of-thrones-got.gif

I imagine you share a lot of personality traits with the character in that GIF.

26 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Oh well I guess you would've objected to a little something called "World War Two" then? Gotcha.

I suspect @jacksgranda was meaning that Hitler would hardly want to travel over here for a pint from his Argentinian retirement cottage with all the current travel restrictions.