Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The mask mandate should be dropped because they simply don't make any discernible difference.

Nothing to do with who can claim an exemption or anything else. If they worked to any reasonable degree at all I'd be supporting their continued use and would wear one myself. And honestly, I wouldn't need a government minister to tell me to do it.

oh to have the confidence In life of a Covid thread poster. 

On 29/11/2021 at 14:23, superbigal said:

Before I start, for me a new variant that becomes dominant but is less deadly is a good thing. Herd immunity achieved quicker with less deaths. So if this one wipes out Delta so be it. Fire in the boosters and all is good.  No bed wetting required.

One of my better predictions 2 days after 1st case in UK

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I’m just saying, if we are being told not wearing a mask can kill people then surely the group who can’t wear a mask shouldn’t be allowed in non essential shops to help stop the spread of the virus and save lives!

Or maybe since absolutely anyone can claim they’re mask except we can just drop the mask mandate altogether 

My dad is in extremely poor health and now has such a lanyard. Going to the library or a shop when he is able is about the highlight of the week for him. 

I am with many others here and think we should drop the mask mandate altogether rather than forcing people like my dad to carry a badge advertising their health issues. 

28 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Sadly? WTF?

Sadly our natural immunity is doing it's job. The job it has done for centuries.

Sadly Pfizer and Moderna won't make as much profit?

You sure this isn't a faked video?

I think he just means it's sad that a human race as intelligent as ourselves struggled to deal with this in any sort of organised manner and politics got in the way of us supplying the world with enough vaccines. See; AZ vaccine being trashed so Europe could try and score a political point over Britain. 

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My dad is in extremely poor health and now has such a lanyard. Going to the library or a shop when he is able is about the highlight of the week for him. 

I am with many others here and think we should drop the mask mandate altogether rather than forcing people like my dad to carry a badge advertising their health issues. 

He does’nt need to wear a lanyard.

Please put him right.

It states clearly in the rules that there is no need to advertise his situation.

In the unlikely event that he is challenged, he can show his card.

I have never been challenged.

I think he just means it's sad that a human race as intelligent as ourselves struggled to deal with this in any sort of organised manner and politics got in the way of us supplying the world with enough vaccines. See; AZ vaccine being trashed so Europe could try and score a political point over Britain. 

Also the fact that, regardless of how much milder it is, omicron will still have killed some people who would have survived if vaccinated, and also if vaccination rates were higher.

I don't think saying "a lot of people caught the disease we were trying to vaccinate them against before we could get the vaccines out fully" is something which is unreasonable to consider a negative thing.

"The Queen has tested positive for Covid, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said the monarch is experiencing "mild cold-like symptoms" but expects to continue "light duties" at Windsor over the coming week."

A 95 year old wifey tests positive for COVID but is still planning on continuing with "light duties"? Shows the impact of this significant respiratory illness, get all these remaining restrictions to f**k then.