Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Susan Michie on Scotland tonight saying most people want restrictions or measures. 

She's a total communist, grifting psychopath who should be chased from all positions of influence.

Susan Michie on Scotland tonight saying most people want restrictions or measures. 
Who are these people though? I literally don't know a single person who wants any restrictions kept in place.

It's almost as though these "experts" just make up all sorts of shite with absolutely nothing to back it up...

32 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Who are these people though? I literally don't know a single person who wants any restrictions kept in place.

It's almost as though these "experts" just make up all sorts of shite with absolutely nothing to back it up...

Probably a survey sent round 10 people over the age of 70 asking “do you prefer to feel safe rather than unsafe? Yes or no?” 

End survey. Extrapolate across population = people want restrictions! 

Best case scenario, predictions for today.

Face coverings to become guidance / personal choice from 1st May or June. No immediate change.

Vaccine passports dropped altogether with immediate effect.

Testing and isolation to continue indefinitely (till WM funding and LFT stocks run out).

Edited by Abdul_Latif

It’s probably true that most people say when polled they support restrictions. The question is how many people who say that in a poll actually self impose restrictions. I know quite a few people who are cautious and who have told me they don’t feel comfortable at first in crowds etc. But they are going out, they are doing things that make them feel a bit uneasy at first but then they get on with it.

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t mind testing and small isolation periods being kept, you should stay off work if you’re ill ffs 

I don't think anyone is saying being off work whilst ill is a bad thing, or that people can't take time off when sick.

But the definition of ill is, to me anyway, applied extremely loosely when it comes to covid.

Someone who is asymptomatic, or has nothing more than a little cough, is not ill.

I've a slight concern, what with ScotGov taking over ScotRail in April, that an attempt at shan mask restrictions in "certain high risk (lol) environments" will continue. 

Alas, I'll save any headsgone rants for the reality rather than the infuriating hypotheticals I've been dreaming up the past 48 hours. 

6 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I've a slight concern, what with ScotGov taking over ScotRail in April, that an attempt at shan mask restrictions in "certain high risk (lol) environments" will continue. 

Alas, I'll save any headsgone rants for the reality rather than the infuriating hypotheticals I've been dreaming up the past 48 hours. 

“High risk” can only be certain clinical settings at this stage imo. Trying to justify anything else is a farce. 

2 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

“High risk” can only be certain clinical settings at this stage imo. Trying to justify anything else is a farce. 

Aye. Unfortunately having liaised fairly heavily (oi oi) with my MSP the past few months, trying to explain to our elected officials that keeping things like masks when shopping in Sainsburys isn't "low hassle protection levels" it's a meaningless pile of nonsense considering they're not required, rightly, basically anywhere else, is the equivalent to banging your head off a moronic wall. "Critical thinking" not high up on the skillset of the standard MSP I feel. 

Edited by Big Fifer

Saw this tweet, it’s genuinely insane to think this way but is very common. We often talk about conspiracy theorists and Covid, tending to think of the anti-vaxxers, people raving on about 5G or the Illuminati but I think the views here are a lot more common.

84C046A8-3C05-4146-8C02-25A04914DF31.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Saw this tweet, it’s genuinely insane to think this way but is very common. We often talk about conspiracy theorists and Covid, tending to think of the anti-vaxxers, people raving on about 5G or the Illuminati but I think the views here are a lot more common.

Brains have rotted to absolute mush on both sides, these last 2 years. 

Some folk so far gone, I don’t think we will ever get them back to reasoned thinking.

Predictions:

1. Covid passports will be removed from next week.

2. Mandatory face coverings will go from next week but they will remain strongly advised and the government will reserve the right to reinstate them.

3. Testing and isolation will stay, although I could see self-isolation becoming more nuanced (e.g., instead of being a crime to leave your home after testing positive, I think they might make it a crime to go to work or attend an indoor public venue, whereas they might legalise going for a walk)

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t mind testing and small isolation periods being kept, you should stay off work if you’re ill ffs 

People testing less generally means this won’t be a big deal

It still shouldn't be criminalised in law.

56 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Even that total loser Sadiq Khan has now removed the requirement from public transport in London, before inevitable mass non-compliance makes him look like the joke he is.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Covid-19: Rethink end to free Covid tests, Naomi Long urges: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-60471852

_119234371_naomilong1.jpg

Naomi Long says people need to be supported to test and self-isolate

_123201957_drdavidfarren.jpg

Dr David Farren said it was wrong to ask people to pay for Covid-19 tests

Neither of these people should be involved in public health decisions. Look at the state of them.

26 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Predictions:

1. Covid passports will be removed from next week.

2. Mandatory face coverings will go from next week but they will remain strongly advised and the government will reserve the right to reinstate them.

3. Testing and isolation will stay, although I could see self-isolation becoming more nuanced (e.g., instead of being a crime to leave your home after testing positive, I think they might make it a crime to go to work or attend an indoor public venue, whereas they might legalise going for a walk)

On point 3 Roddy Dunlop QC seems to believe it's not a crime in Scotland as things stand as it's merely guidance as opposed to law in Scotland which wasn't the case in England.

https://twitter.com/RoddyQC/status/1495866219110572035?s=20&t=rc5C6Tys2tn4GGsgnYMmsw

Edited by Pie Of The Month