Coronavirus (COVID-19)

45 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Why should there be?

Its all a nonsense.

I'm going to guess that for places that will likely still demand them (such as care homes for visits) your going to have to pay borris' mates out your own pocket rather than from your taxes for the privalidge 

Was Sturgeon not meant to be making her wee weekly speech today? How long are they planning on dragging the utter arse out of the remaining pantomime?

Another day of being the only country in Northern Europe that either hasn't already scrapped the nonsense, or has announced when it will be going.

Was Sturgeon not meant to be making her wee weekly speech today? How long are they planning on dragging the utter arse out of the remaining pantomime?
Another day of being the only country in Northern Europe that either hasn't already scrapped the nonsense, or has announced when it will be going.
Still in recess this week

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
46 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm sure she wouldn't impose restrictions on us during recess, though. No sir!

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Oh aye, sorry mate, forgot you were a big noise round these parts. 

Enjoy paying for your LFTs.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I'm sure she wouldn't impose restrictions on us during recess, though. No sir!

Enjoy paying for your LFTs.

Reveal hidden contents

the-office-steve-carell.gif

I don't pay for my LFTs, I don't live in the UK. Nonetheless, you've already paid the Government's pals for about 1000 tests for every man, woman and child in the country, and folks who are conscientious enough to want to take one if they're going into a higher risk environment are going to have to do so again. I realise that won't be you because you're scared of wee bits of cloth and have been using this thread to scream about how much Sturgeon hurts your fee-fees to a willing circlejerk of similarly sociopathic snowflakes for months, but if you did want to flex the last remaining bits of grey matter, the more pertinent point should be that folks who possibly can't afford to pay for LFT's, because they're trying to pay for gas or food, may spread more Covid about, and then nasty wee Jimmy Krankie will have to threaten you some more. That's probably what you want tho, isn't it?

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I don't pay for my LFTs, I don't live in the UK. Nonetheless, you've already paid the Government's pals for about 1000 tests for every man, woman and child in the country, and folks who are conscientious enough to want to take one if they're going into a higher risk environment are going to have to do so again. I realise that won't be you because you're scared of wee bits of cloth and have been using this thread to scream about how much Sturgeon hurts your fee-fees to a willing circlejerk of similarly sociopathic snowflakes for months, but if you did want to flex the last remaining bits of grey matter, the more pertinent point should be that folks who possibly can't afford to pay for LFT's, because they're trying to pay for gas or food, may spread more Covid about, and then nasty wee Jimmy Krankie will have to threaten you some more. That's probably what you want tho, isn't it?

image.png.0156fc7834b5f9cb58a5c0d57bfe457c.png

13 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Given that those visiting care homes have to take them I'm not quite sure what your idiotic take on this is?

As ever you are a blinkered arsehole.

The question which now needs asking is, bearing in mind what we now know about omicron- why?

Why do we still need all this performance for hospitals, GP surgeries, dentists, etc.?

Just think of all the extra appointments which  could be offered without all this malarkey.

The question which now needs asking is, bearing in mind what we now know about omicron- why?
Why do we still need all this performance for hospitals, GP surgeries, dentists, etc.?
Just think of all the extra appointments which  could be offered without all this malarkey.
My own step-father is in a care home - he has Alzheimers - out of the 29 on his floor 27 are just like him.

Still clinically vulnerable and has had 2 major health scares in the last 3 months - one of which was an Omicron infection. He's not unique - is it unreasonable that those visiting take tests?

Or are you just another of these selfish b*****ds that don't give a f**k about the clinically vulnerable?

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Wait, what??! They get a half term holiday the same as the weans??! 

25 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

My own step-father is in a care home - he has Alzheimers - out of the 29 on his floor 27 are just like him.

Still clinically vulnerable and has had 2 major health scares in the last 3 months - one of which was an Omicron infection. He's not unique - is it unreasonable that those visiting take tests?

Or are you just another of these selfish b*****ds that don't give a f**k about the clinically vulnerable?

I’m just asking some questions.

What would be the situation if he caught flu from you?

42 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

is it unreasonable that those visiting take tests?

I think it's unreasonable to expect the public purse to continue to fund them indefinitely tbh.

If care homes choose to insist that visitors continue to take tests to enter, then they should pay for them. If visitors are the ones choosing to take them, then they should pay for them.

58 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

To cut to the chase, he's just not one of those that cares too much about the clinically vulnerable.