Coronavirus (COVID-19)

This is similar to her calling for the No Fly Zone in Ukraine.

She is using the mask policy to ingratiate herself to well off professional/managerial types who are obsessed with Covid rather than basing it on what Scotland actually needs. She is playing to an international gallery of blue check NGO wankers, she has no interest in Scotland any more. Another two years then she'll be off for a big job abroad and probably a teary interview talking about how terrible things were for her in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Hang on a minute. Mask wearing in churches isn’t mandated legally in England, but it is still guidance is it not? So Sturgeon is saying that it’s fine to ignore guidance.

If that’s the case I don’t want to see her imploring people to wear masks when the guidance does come in. 

Hopefully he now realises it’s a glorified cold. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

"The government suggests that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet"

Crowded - check

Enclosed - check

Contact with other people you don't normally meet - check

Anyone not wearing a mask was ignoring the UK gov guidance.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m bringing my best mate. He’s well up for this.

7AA2DF91-7E9C-4511-994A-E65BB08E2EC4.jpeg

I’ll slap the mask off the c**t so hard his maw (who will hopefully be present) will send him to live with his auntie in Newton Mearns.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm going to be honest, I don't think that this is anything to do with "religious fundamentalists" in the SNP.  I doubt there are any religious fundamentalists in the SNP.

I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think that this is anything to do with "religious fundamentalists" in the SNP.  I doubt there are any religious fundamentalists in the SNP.
Likewise. I think they're just utterly clueless and this is yet another attempt at caring more.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.premierchristianity.com/interviews/kate-forbes-the-rising-political-star-on-glorifying-god-and-aiming-for-excellence/5638.article

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’ll slap the mask off the c**t so hard his maw (who will hopefully be present) will send him to live with his auntie in Newton Mearns.

I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

Mason, Forbes and ?????

Edited by Suspect Device

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You’ve also got Mason, Michael Matheson also refused to remove ant-blaspehemy laws. Both him and others mentioned spoke out about a campaign to reduce bigotry because it said something about sermon’s on the campaign letter as if that was the biggest issue. Roseanna Cunningham was also critical of it. Then you look at the history of the party, Gordon Wilson as leader. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did she say it'll definitely be the 18th?  If not then that date is clearly getting pushed back again.

It's the usual "date X subject to Y" without any indication as to what Y actually is. The 18th is the same day LFTs are no longer free to the general population in Scotland though so I'd struggle to see any justification she can come up with for keeping masks past then but then again most would've thought that ages ago.

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

It's the usual "date X subject to Y" without any indication as to what Y actually is. The 18th is the same day LFTs are no longer free to the general population in Scotland though so I'd struggle to see any justification she can come up with for keeping masks past then but then again most would've thought that ages ago.

No mass testing so this is the only tool UK gov have left us to control infection rates.

The first minister was pictured during the event without wearing a face covering.

Tory MSP Murdo Fraser asks Ms Sturgeon why this was the case and she insists she "abided by the rules in place there".

She adds, "I abide by the rules and I know that is something the Conservatives struggle to understand."

She actually went with the ‘I followed the rules’ response. Absolutely risible.