Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

warnock.png

This reminds me, i popped my car into the garage today. Full one way system / sanitise keys / put them in a wee bag carry on still in place.

Had to double check the date. Full May 2020 vibes from the place.

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

This reminds me, i popped my car into the garage today. Full one way system / sanitise keys / put them in a wee bag carry on still in place.

Had to double check the date. Full May 2020 vibes from the place.

My garage has never done that. Never bothered with masks either. 

Can probably add a zero or two onto that. How could they not get savaged by Omicron with next to no immunity from natural infection and their utterly shan vaccines? Turmoil ahead for China, no doubt.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And one of the responses is even more hilarious:

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Peoples lungs famously do have the same output as a pyrotechnic device designed to spread smoke over a large area. 

You have to love that his follow up tweet is about vEnTiLaTiOn and air purification in a school, as if that is A-okay, but being outside in the fresh air isn't. warnock.png

Blows my brain how that charlatan could ever be employed by any institution after all this.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

^^^must keep posting tweets by fuckwits he disagrees with to keep the thread alive.

This thread can die if the Scottish Government finally present clean, non-shat bed sheets on the 18th. After that, let's just hope it stays dead. Until then, keep on simping.

Of course, there will still be a need to pushback on crackpots who think lockdown should be the new go to 'tool' in the event of an epidemic, as that worm Vallance appeared to hint at last week. The findings by Ofsted are damning.

33 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

No masks in churches as of today then.  A lifting of a restriction that will affect about 750 people in Scotland.

What would Jesus do??

12 hours ago, Elixir said:

Of course, there will still be a need to pushback on crackpots who think lockdown should be the new go to 'tool' in the event of an epidemic, as that worm Vallance appeared to hint at last week. The findings by Ofsted are damning.

^^^^ Now just copies and pastes anything to keep the thread going......

There is very little point in stopping free asymptomatic testing if feeling tired qualifies you for a free test.

ETA I imagine the number of people who are ill and don't have any of those symptoms will be incredibly small. Other than to placate hypochondriacs, I don't really understand the point of this.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Covid: Young child development worrying, says Ofsted boss - BBC News

Speaking to the BBC, Ms Spielman said the report unveiled a variety of challenges for young children, including some struggling with potty-training.

She said: "We are seeing difficulties with social interaction and social confidence - children just behind where you would normally expect them to be.

"And also in physical development - crawling, walking and perhaps related to that also greater obesity."

The report said a few early years care providers suggested face masks were having a negative impact on young children's language and communication skills.

"Children turning two years old will have been surrounded by adults wearing masks for their whole lives and have therefore been unable to see lip movements or mouth shapes as regularly," the Ofsted briefing said.

One nursery said children were talking in voices of cartoons they spent so much time watching.

Ms Spielman said: "I think it's about talking and interacting directly with children, and introducing them to the kind of activities where they're interacting with other children and adults.

She said: "All they've seen is parents and a house, not interacting in local parks, seeing their friends, and going to parties.

"So it's taken a long time to get these children, especially young babies and toddlers settled into nursery."

Helen Porter, headteacher at Kings' Forest Primary School in Bristol, told the BBC: "For very young children, not being able to have those play experiences and to explore the world around them has had a huge impact.

"It absolutely resonated with me, that the children in our nursery didn't know what I looked like without a facemask for a long time and the impact that had on being able to read facial expressions and build those relationships."

Still, it's only a bit of cloth and it keeps people safe.

I’ve just began to test negative again after day 6&7 - had none of the previous symptoms other than a runny nose and an intermittent tickly cough when I first tested positive. Just thought it was allergies.

On day 4 I lost my sense of smell and most taste but otherwise felt fine.

The last two days I’ve been tired as f**k whilst testing negative - to add all these other symptoms now is just bat shit crazy, watch every chance they definitely had covid during wave 1 suddenly have it again but not able to test.