Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sorry, but nobody's talking about penalising success, what we're talking about is NOT paying ridiculous sums of money to certain individuals whether that be Premiership footballers, Company CEO's or anyone else who's in the SUPER RICH bracket.

Handing Paul Pogba £10,000 per week instead of £290,000 isn't "penalising" anyone, it's paying someone £520,000 p/a when the median wage is less than £35,000 in the country and the minimum wage is around £16,000.00.

As for company CEO's, they are paid huge bonuses and salary's irrespective of success or failure and there's quite a few high profile guys who fail time and time again, yet still make it on the Forbes list. (Yes Andy, I'm looking at you).

There's also far too much nepotism and old boys network which make the whole setup an absolute sham. The regulators are part of it as are the politicians and as such the whole system is rotten to the core.

Of course most of the country don't care about stuff like this as they're far more interested in the lives and loves of z list celebrities, which ironically is a major part of the problem in the first place.

That’s not going to happen.  What’s more you KNOW that’s not going to happen.

Back when I was active in politics I remember people spouting shite like this rather than doing anything constructive to try to create a genuinely better society.  People can achieve a better society, it’s not going to look anything like what you’re suggesting though.

35 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Sorry, but nobody's talking about penalising success, what we're talking about is NOT paying ridiculous sums of money to certain individuals whether that be Premiership footballers, Company CEO's or anyone else who's in the SUPER RICH bracket.

Handing Paul Pogba £10,000 per week instead of £290,000 isn't "penalising" anyone, it's paying someone £520,000 p/a when the median wage is less than £35,000 in the country and the minimum wage is around £16,000.00.

As for company CEO's, they are paid huge bonuses and salary's irrespective of success or failure and there's quite a few high profile guys who fail time and time again, yet still make it on the Forbes list. (Yes Andy, I'm looking at you).

There's also far too much nepotism and old boys network which make the whole setup an absolute sham. The regulators are part of it as are the politicians and as such the whole system is rotten to the core.

Of course most of the country don't care about stuff like this as they're far more interested in the lives and loves of z list celebrities, which ironically is a major part of the problem in the first place.

You're pissing into the wind, farting agianst thunder, etc, etc.

And I really do mean that in a nice way.

I've been asked to go in for 2 days next week and I was in for 2 days this week. I am a key worker it seems!  Mostly I get treated as if I'm an easily replaced nuisance. 

On a different note there's a few nurses been posted on here whose curves I wouldn't mind flattening..

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

My mate is a taxi driver. In his words, at least it means if he fancies a drive he can go one without feeling guilty. 

He's in his 30s though. Not sure fat 60 year old messes will be enjoying it quite so much. 

He could Just fo for a drive without picking up fares. Anyone over sixty driving a cab, and without trying to sound too dramatic, really is risking their life at this stage.

2 minutes ago, greendot said:

Ok OK OK  I'm sorry for posting anything from that rag ha... but I was just trying to make the point going to the supermarket is just as risky if not more than most activities at the moment.

I promise I will never post anything from the that rag again. I apologise unreservedly and I am utterly ashamed of myself. 

I deserve a ban and will have no complaints if I receive one..

Regarding the golf thing. If you stay beside a course i dont see what's wrong with carefully taking along a couple of clubs and playing a couple of holes?
Free golf
Likewise if you stay beside a park, your kids should get to use the swings etc because you are the one that stays next to it. And also if your pals stay close, they should be allowed to come round to yours for perties

Likewise if you stay beside a park, your kids should get to use the swings etc because you are the one that stays next to it. And also if your pals stay close, they should be allowed to come round to yours for perties
Dont see the difference of playing a bit of golf this way compared to walking a dog?
People would start to take the piss though but done discreetly it would be ok.
No difference to walking through a park.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Dont see the difference of playing a bit of golf this way compared to walking a dog?
People would start to take the piss though but done discreetly it would be ok.
No difference to walking through a park.

I think his point is before you know it you will have a packed golf course, car park etc

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:
I think his point is before you know it you will have a packed golf course, car park etc

Pretty much. I'm sure you could do it discreetly though. No doubt some Facebook bawbag will ruin it.

Former chief CMO type post ^^

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:
3 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Pretty much. I'm sure you could do it discreetly though. No doubt some Facebook bawbag will ruin it.

Yesterday I saw a fella chipping balls onto upturned umbrella on the grass verge between his apartment block and footpath.. ha