Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

FWIW, Greta Thunberg isn't the self-appointed voice of anything

The press never covered anything they said. They want to cover the serious-looking little white European girl and she knows it.

that's what i meant, in s spectacularly cack-handed way - figurehead, distillation of, lazy journos shorthand for - but no, not self appointed, that was drivel 🙄

I read somewhere that if at the end of a crisis it looks like you overreacted, you probably did exactly what was necessary.

Right. In this case, the government would have been slaughtered if they hadn’t built it, even more so if they actually needed it.

57 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I don't dodge tax, etc. You tell one lie and you need to back it up with  a thousand lies and sooner or later it will catch up with you.

After all you can't complain, moan, etc about tax avoidance, etc. If you do it yourself.

Same here.  My business is construction related, there’s a lot of guys I deal with who probably do the odd wee bit there and then, there’s others I know of who do it all cash in hand and hardly pay a penny in tax.  Guys who should be VAT registered and aren’t.  Chancing b*****ds.

59 minutes ago, throbber said:

Tax avoiders are the very worst among us. I’d like to see them get absolutely hounded by the media and general public and treated with as much disdain as drink drivers and nonces. Utter vermin. 

Although me and everyone else is enjoying Captain Tom Moore's efforts it's a little shit that billionaires and millionaires in this country go to great length to make the Tom Moore's have to do this.

Charity brings out the best in people but in a rich country we shouldn't need charity.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Same here.  My business is construction related, there’s a lot of guys I deal with who probably do the odd wee bit there and then, there’s others I know of who do it all cash in hand and hardly pay a penny in tax.  Guys who should be VAT registered and aren’t.  Chancing b*****ds.

Yeah I know a few guys who fit into both brackets in construction and gardening, but they are being found out by the recent Covid help for self employed.

I believe you have to pay your way and I don't grudge a penny, when you have a fantastic service like the NHS. I just don't like the Tories wasting it.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Who is still out and spreading this shit around?

Get them leathered.

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

You want to leather those working in healthcare, social care, food supply, shops, transport, emergency services and utilities?

You want to stop everyone from going out to buy food?

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Nurses, doctors, police, firefighters, prison staff, supermarket workers..

Idiot.

I took it he was complaining about those out and about for no good reason, not those who have to be out.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I took it he was complaining about those out and about for no good reason, not those who have to be out.

I took him as meaning that there are still very high numbers of new cases every day, so some folk must be out there spreading it around when they shouldn't.