Coronavirus (COVID-19)

32 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Correct, the same morons that would be incandescent if the NHS was overran and there was no plans in place to increase capacity.   In view of the billions wasted on shite, spending £43 million on something that with any luck won't be needed isn't a disaster.  Hopefully it won't be, however even if it isn't needed it was still money well spent.

Perfect preparation prevents piss poor performance.

I was delivering to it today and the Hydro is now a warehouse,what they have done on the time frame is amazing.

On 23/03/2020 at 19:27, dorlomin said:

One thing that has not been discussed but used in some East Asian countries is an app that allows contact tracing. When someone comes down with the Covid 19, they can use it to locate people they have been in contact with. Pretty sinister but its a thread full of people begging to be put under house arrest. Its been discussed by those tackling the disease so its a possibility that among the measures announced they may make something similar for voluntary download. 

Couple of weeks late but it seems everyone is talking about this now. 

It's a necessary precaution as we're talking about life or death here.
If the country can afford the hundred billion minimum for a rail line that we DEFINITELY don't need, then £43 million for a hospital that we may well need seems like a very small price to pay.

Let’s not forget the £39 million that London mayor Boris Johnson spunked on the designs / feasibility of a ‘garden bridge’ over the Thames.

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Let’s not forget the £39 million that London mayor Boris Johnson spunked on the designs / feasibility of a ‘garden bridge’ over the Thames.

I'm in a quandary over Boris and his influence over this whole thing.

On the one hand, it's a fucking disgrace that the PM is taking every opportunity to hide from the whole thing, even before he was in hospital. On the other, I wouldn't want the c**t anywhere fucking near running the show in a crisis like this.

First coronavirus capers just witnessed there. Taking the dog round the block then noticed a couple seemingly shouting the odds and keeping each other standing up so obviously the worst for wear.

Walked by and the guy was shouting across the road calling someone a 'fucking goon'. I can only assume it was somebody in a house. 

Anyway carried on thinking they better wrap it when the sirens started and I saw the blue lights coming up the road.

Took the dog round the local park a couple of times and saw another five police vehicles heading up that way.

Walked back along for a nosey and there were four cops head to toe in white PPE suits surrounded by all these vehicles.

Police spotted a few folk at their windows and went up the close I assume to see if they had recorded in whatever had happened.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Unless they're Douglas Alexander complaining about its name, and then they're a c**t. 

That was the most blatant display of Scottish cringe I've seen from a SLabber in a long time.

Seems like there's only certain type of heroic British nurse worthy of being honoured in their eyes.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

German polititians suggest the Bundesliga may be able to restart as early as 8th May.

That's 8th May 2020.

It's been pointed out to you numerous times that just because one country does something doesn't mean the UK should as well.

Demographics etc are different from country to country, so what might work well in one country could be absolutely catastrophic in another. Timescales are different for them all too. Yet you keep posting things that other countries are doing.

Germany might be making a horrendous error. They might also be absolutely fine.

I'm all for taking our time over this and rolling back things slowly and very carefully.

46 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Wonder if we will see petrol for less than £1 per litre?

Not seen that since 90s maybe.

Paid just under 103 per litre at the weekend, cost me 7 or 8 quid less than usual to fill up.

I think they’ve also improved the petrol to give your car better fuel economy.  I’m now getting 3 weeks to the gallon.