Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, MixuFixit said:
27 minutes ago, throbber said:
Portobello beach yesterday 

3772D67B-4C95-4637-A79E-71455D56EF4A.thumb.jpeg.ed08d09a5b67c472485a2c963bb701f3.jpeg
B74B8FD7-9353-4F7C-9210-F7D1690BEBB6.thumb.jpeg.08efd86535b0a377f612e0bccc428c07.jpeg

This plus the flattening effect of telephoto lenses has been covered plenty. Surprised it hoodwinked you tbh.

It didn’t hoodwink me I just wanted to share it.

Perth and Kinross council are apparently looking at using churches, sports and community halls to teach lessons in when schools go back.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I saw this report on newsnight last night. It's shocking.

Even the guy running the wealthy care home was shocked at the handling. His home is how every home should be run - and it should be fully funded by the taxpayer.

That depends on the question of which taxpayers foot the bill. Theresa May attempted to address the issue of funding social care before the 2017 election by getting recipients to pay more of the costs from their estates: this was ridiculously  branded a 'dementia tax' and played a significant role in costing her a majority. Hilarious as that outcome was, part of the reason why care homes are fucked now is because the public aren't willing to pay for them. The burden on working age generations to support a legion of boomers is large enough already, while the gormless UK public have bought into the idea that inheriting assets without swingeing taxation is a divine right. 

https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2020/05/20/greece-mitsotakis-seasonal-hotels-international-flights/#.XsVQ_u5AAjc.facebook
Staggering to think Germans will be able to fly to Greece on holiday before you or I can pop round to our pal's
The Germans showing the Brits up on how to run a country shocker. The only thing that's staggering is you thinking the UK is somehow on Germany's level.

3 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:
14 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2020/05/20/greece-mitsotakis-seasonal-hotels-international-flights/#.XsVQ_u5AAjc.facebook
Staggering to think Germans will be able to fly to Greece on holiday before you or I can pop round to our pal's

The Germans showing the Brits up on how to run a country shocker. The only thing that's staggering is you thinking the UK is somehow on Germany's level.

I was more referring to the fact that people in Scotland, which by then should be well under 50 cases per day on average, would be unable to go round their friend's house whereas people from Europe could fly to Greece for a holiday.

Nah.

That first reply about the NHS producing a deeply unequal system is so close but no potato or he’s identified the wrong culprit for producing a two tier system.

I was more referring to the fact that people in Scotland, which by then should be well under 50 cases per day on average, would be unable to go round their friend's house whereas people from Europe could fly to Greece for a holiday.

Tbf it’s the Germans who basically own Greece now.

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Thats why we voted out "dem european types and there fancy holiday places nowt wrong with skegness " 

17 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw a illustration of what the “new” pub situation is going to be like. Grim 

You are unreal here, been greeting for pages on end about being allowed to live a normal life again and when it gets mentioned we could open pubs with some rules you're greeting that it won't be the same. Will you ever be happy again?

42 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Thats why we voted out "dem european types and there fancy holiday places nowt wrong with skegness " 

Was it not more like "stop dem scrounging foreign types being able to get in here! What!? It might be more difficult for me to go to Mallorca from now on. This was unforeseeable I tells ye. I am outraged. Bloody foreign b*****ds."

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

How are you seeing adverts in this day and age? 

My TV may be of the “old school” variety 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I imagine the reveal today will be massively underwhelming tbh

Yip. I’d imagine the opening of golf courses, garden centres, fishing being allowed and dumps reopening to stop  fly tipping 

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You are unreal here, been greeting for pages on end about being allowed to live a normal life again and when it gets mentioned we could open pubs with some rules you're greeting that it won't be the same. Will you ever be happy again?

It’s not being allowed to live a normal life though. Sitting at tables with Perspex at the sides, staff wearing masks and gloves, one way systems, no condiments on the table etc. I just don’t see that as a pleasurable night out tbh

FFS. [emoji854]
Leaving aside the fact that he's a total b*****d then, is the Denmark situation encouraging or is he just putting his spin on it?

This is the key point.

Far too much is put on folks past reputation. Yes these things are important to note but don't ignore the detail of what's being said.
That depends on the question of which taxpayers foot the bill. Theresa May attempted to address the issue of funding social care before the 2017 election by getting recipients to pay more of the costs from their estates: this was ridiculously  branded a 'dementia tax' and played a significant role in costing her a majority. Hilarious as that outcome was, part of the reason why care homes are fucked now is because the public aren't willing to pay for them. The burden on working age generations to support a legion of boomers is large enough already, while the gormless UK public have bought into the idea that inheriting assets without swingeing taxation is a divine right. 
Pretty much this.

But let's not pretend everyone of that boomer generation has it sorted. Many don't.

And we're talking about care homes, which absolutely no-one wants to end up in.

You're right though, folk don't want to pay for it - but it's something that really needs to happen. Hopefully this virus gives us a chance.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s not being allowed to live a normal life though. Sitting at tables with Perspex at the sides, staff wearing masks and gloves, one way systems, no condiments on the table etc. I just don’t see that as a pleasurable night out tbh

Fucking hell. The staff need to wear PPE and they've taken the salt and pepper away, the pub will be almost unrecognisable.

Dry your eyes.

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip. I’d imagine the opening of golf courses, garden centres, fishing being allowed and dumps reopening to stop  fly tipping

Dumps being open doesn't stop fly tipping. Before all this happened approximately 90% of posts on our local Facebook groups were folk looking for a "cheap tip run wanted" and in what I am sure is a complete coincidence absolute bammers who have purchased a sixth-hand Transit with 200k on the clock and have set up business as "a man with a van".

Edited by Gaz

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I honestly don’t know what you want? Is it genuinely just flat out opening the world up exactly as it was before and hope that deaths don’t skyrocket?