Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Happy to report that the trumpet weirdo made a c**t of You'll Never Walk Alone tonight which will hopefully send them into a spiral of self-doubt and result in no more fucking trumpet playing.

I still think that song is totally off message in terms of social distancing.

They should change the lyrics to "you should always walk alone except for members of your own household while maintaining a 2 metres distance from others and even then only as part of your once a day daily exercise."

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

500 fans could not fit in to a lower league ground with social distancing.

If folk had dimensions of stands I could prove it using straightforward maths.

Hampden is a lower League ground....

Let's be pessimistic and use the absolute minimum pitch size allowed under SPFL rules (95m x 60m). If we're sticking with the 2m distance then you could get 47 people along each touchline and 31 behind each goal, giving a total of 156 people (31+47+31+47). You'd therefore only need 3 or 4 "rows" of people to get over that 500 number, which means that as long as the stands are at least 6m deep, you could manage absolutely fine. Of course, most pitches are a bit bigger and you'd probably get a few more round them thus needing only 3 rows of people (and 4m space).

Obviously some stadia have weird layouts, but that's a sort of rough estimate.

Edited by craigkillie

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Any from the past thirty years?

Reveal hidden contents

Asking for a mate who likely couldn't name any  :ph34r:

You must have heard the ubiquitous "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs at some point in the last decade and a half Shirley?

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

If there is no fans at Premier and championship Dundee North End will end up getting about 15000 at their games.

Typical DABs picking the wrong team.

Downfield Derry Rhumba.

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If there is no fans at Premier and championship Dundee North End will end up getting about 15000 at their games.

Any enclosed ground with a gate is already legally bound to control numbers. No idea if that applies to DNE.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Typical DABs picking the wrong team.

Downfield Derry Rhumba.

You not had enough of the Marrs? 

It's usually Harp i would have gone to in the past but the new ground leaves me a bit cold and NE means I can still drink at Frews.

Already decided  that when we are able I'm going to do at least one game at every ground next year and see if any of them take my fancy.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Any enclosed ground with a gate is already legally bound to control numbers. No idea if that applies to DNE.

My post looks foolish now.

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

My local junior team. A 10 minute walk from where I stay. I walked past their ground twice yesterday, on the way and the way back from Tesco.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

You not had enough of the Marrs? 

It's usually Harp i would have gone to in the past but the new ground leaves me a bit cold and NE means I can still drink at Frews.

Already decided  that when we are able I'm going to do at least one game at every ground next year and see if any of them take my fancy.

My post looks foolish now.

Downfield is the closest to my parents house so could swing by a game there and visit the maw beforehand before heading to Docs (Not been there in years - any good these days?)

I'd probably do a wee tour of the lot as well. Lochee United's park seems a quagmire. Always had a wee soft spot for Dundee Violet purely based on the fact I used to drive past the ground every day.

Let's be pessimistic and use the absolute minimum pitch size allowed under SPFL rules (95m x 60m). If we're sticking with the 2m distance then you could get 47 people along each touchline and 31 behind each goal, giving a total of 156 people (31+47+31+47). You'd therefore only need 3 or 4 "rows" of people to get over that 500 number, which means that as long as the stands are at least 6m deep, you could manage absolutely fine. Of course, most pitches are a bit bigger and you'd probably get a few more round them thus needing only 3 rows of people (and 4m space).
Obviously some stadia have weird layouts, but that's a sort of rough estimate.

Mad idea, stick the premiership games in league 1/2 grounds, where you can play behind closed doors and earn TV revenue

Then play the seaside leagues in the premiership grounds with fans. You can have the usual number of fans in the ground, but the stadiums are big enough for everyone to socially distance.

I’ve had a few beers but I think I’m on to a winner.