Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Think she said returning British citizens get a free pass.

I don't think they do.

Anyone returning to the UK will have to quarantine at home (unless it's from Ireland). 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Source?

Just checked BBC. Think I'm wrong but I'm sure Patel said any uk citizens repatriating are exempt.

Passengers arriving in the UK by plane, ferry or train - including UK nationals - will have to provide an address where they will remain for 14 days. There is a £100 penalty for anyone found to have not filled in this ''contact locator'' form.

Surprise visits will be used to check they are following the rules. Those in England could be fined up to £1,000 if they fail to self-isolate , while governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland can also impose penalties.

I don't think they do.
Anyone returning to the UK will have to quarantine at home (unless it's from Ireland). 
Yes, I'm thinking that. British citizens returning to UK from any country outwith common travel area must quarantine for 14 days. Unless of course they are on exempt list.

11 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It'll be reviewed every 3 weeks.

Like i said earlier, it'll no doubt be lifted by the time us UK citizens are actually allowed to go anywhere making it really a non event for most of us.

Yes. Most of Europe are planning on opening their borders by July, as such we'll likely follow suit.

I just wish that they would come clean and make it clear that this quarantine situation is "likely" to be in place for the next 6 weeks or so, however it's certainly possible that we'll be able to travel abroad (and vice versa) by August or September.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

This is basically just a ban on going on holiday for most people. 

It should boost the economy with British people spending more here rather than spunking all their cash in Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy. 

Rich people can basically see it as a 1k payment to not need to quarantine 

It should boost the economy with British people spending more here rather than spunking all their cash in Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy. 
Yip. When a Tory (ie Patel on this occasion) says this is absolutely nothing to do with Brits and their holidays, it basically means it has everything to do with Brits and their holidays.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

I think using a bit of common sense for outdoor activites such as hiking, fishing and golf are all they are asking. Don't go to the mountains in Skye if your from Glasgow when you can go to Ben Lomond or the Cobbler same scenario with fishing and golf, stay local.

Really not sure that it's entirely 'common sense' to push greater Glasgow's population towards the most local and already obvious hotspots in any decent weather anyway. The further that people can travel from the central belt then the more likely they are to actually disperse to different hillwalking routes, beaches etc. 

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Yip. When a Tory (ie Patel on this occasion) says this is absolutely nothing to do with Brits and their holidays, it basically means it has everything to do with Brits and their holidays.

As i've mentioned before what's the greater risk between hitting a beach in Southend or Bournemouth with poor social distancing and thousands of drunken louts or spending a week touring Eastern Europe or even going to Spain, Italy or Portugal where they've got good infrastructure and social distancing in operation, not to mention less infections than the UK ??

According to the UK Gov, Britain is safer for some reason and I really can't fathom why ????

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As i've mentioned before what's the greater risk between hitting a beach in Southend or Bournemouth with poor social distancing and thousands of drunken louts or spending a week touring Eastern Europe or even going to Spain, Italy or Portugal where they've got good infrastructure and social distancing in operation, not to mention less infections than the UK ??

According to the UK Gov, Britain is safer for some reason and I really can't fathom why ????

British exceptionalism. Dunkirk. Spitfires. 

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Rich people can basically see it as a 1k payment to not need to quarantine 

The quarantine won't be enforced to any great extent. 

The real enforcement is having to take 3 weeks off work to go away for a week. No one is doing that. 

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

I think using a bit of common sense for outdoor activites such as hiking, fishing and golf are all they are asking. Don't go to the mountains in Skye if your from Glasgow when you can go to Ben Lomond or the Cobbler same scenario with fishing and golf, stay local.

We now have just over 8 weeks worth of evidence that common sense is in shorter supply than was previously estimated.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Really not sure that it's entirely 'common sense' to push greater Glasgow's population towards the most local and already obvious hotspots in any decent weather anyway. The further that people can travel from the central belt then the more likely they are to actually disperse to different hillwalking routes, beaches etc. 

I know what your saying maybe the 2 hotspots were the wrong ones to use as I was up the Cobbler last summer and it was pretty choc a bloc but mostly with tourists. I was meaning more the hills around the West coast, there is plenty quieter ones to choose from. Plus the parking for the Cobbler is about a tenner now

The quarantine thing is to molly coddle the Mail and Express sector, it won't do a thing to cut down the infection rate whilst we've one of the highest. They'll announce more exclusions over the next few weeks so it's only Brazilian youth hostelers that it applies to.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dafaq of da matta iz

I got google tae translate

dafaq.jpg.9db584517a0c5ca28e80cc6d4fdd3384.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Is this you Willie?

BWT Vernon Lawrence.jpg.gallery.jpg

FFS gies a break. Surely I'm better looking than that dick.

This was me when I was younger than I am noo

IMG_2086.thumb.JPG.40ec49c6e035648caba71a2b3b5f528e.JPG

4 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I got google tae translate

dafaq.jpg.9db584517a0c5ca28e80cc6d4fdd3384.jpg

FFS gies a break. Surely I'm better looking than that dick.

This was me when I was younger than I am noo

IMG_2086.thumb.JPG.40ec49c6e035648caba71a2b3b5f528e.JPG

I can see why they need the high skirting board within running about on that.