Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've already acknowledged this in a previous post, however I've also put my reasons as to why I prefer avoiding here for main holidays, so it's not as if I've just indiscriminately "slagged off the country".
Still, there's no right or wrong and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Aye but the opinion "why would anyone stay here for a holiday" is a shite one, that deserves to be valued out.

That more recent post is much more reasonable, and i fully agree.

Could sturgeon have been better by forgetting this broadly five mile rule wnd use common sense and instead just straight up saying “ look, lets be clear , we don’t want people from the central belt flocking to the highlands or the coast so just go to your nearest available place for now”

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Could sturgeon have been better by forgetting this broadly five mile rule wnd use common sense and instead just straight up saying “ look, lets be clear , we don’t want people from the central belt flocking to the highlands or the coast so just go to your nearest available place for now”

No chance. Even using this thread as an example, folk need things spelled out or they'll ask about every single little bit of minutiae and see them all as 'loopholes' that only can be exploited, but should be exploited.

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Whether you agree with someone’s opinion or not, they are entitled to it. It could be a crock of shit opinion but if it’s theirs then so be it. 

You've not been banned. So yes you do have a right to an opinion on here

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Wid

Wullie yer mad!

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Need to work on those skills

My new second-hand scooter is also a three-wheeler

scoot.jpg.eef3ff052688cecf1cc5c8fc076f875a.jpg

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

It was Patel.

She said 'the fact of the matter is' about 100 times

Dafaq of da matta iz

Google disagrees.

Did ye ken ye could speak Hausa?

Hausa is a Afroasiatic language spoken by the Hausa people, the largest ethnic group in Sub-Saharan Africa,

mainly within the territories of Southern Niger and Northern Nigeria.

Historically, it has also developed into a lingua franca across much of Western Africa for purposes of trade. 

dafaq.jpg.cfc1c12b8d878a029ec0a1c1de321929.jpg

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

It would be difficult for you to post a picture where you are older than you are noo.

True dat but I was mair worried that folk would think I looked like that noo.

Madwullie said I was a wid. Course he could be talking aboot my scooter.

Wha kens.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No chance. Even using this thread as an example, folk need things spelled out or they'll ask about every single little bit of minutiae and see them all as 'loopholes' that only can be exploited, but should be exploited.

You mean you haven't already booked a flight to London so you can have a pint?

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So true.  Here is an illustration to help people with social distancing rules:

C1D38EF4-D16D-49A6-88DD-128559D528B4.jpeg

Don’t know about the hotels you are mentioning, but everything else there is a 30 year old + stereotype. There are tons of places serving great food with great service. But because we’re brought up on these stereotypes, we believe them.

I’ve got a house in Brodick, and there are 4 or 5 really good food options in the village with locally sourced produce, and not all are overly expensive. None have a “don’t serve food between 2 and 4 mentality”

Thats fine, youre experiences have been different to mine. Ive been in several such hotels, i’ve even named a couple particularly shite ones. I’ve definitely encountered terrible service and restaurants that serve frozen shite, in particular in places like Fort William, Oban etc. I can’t afford 2/3 weeks stay in the likes of Dunblane Hydro, Gleneagles or the Old Course hotel, but I can stay for 2/3 in a 4/4star hotel elsewhere a shit load cheaper.

We’ve got a great natural product but the delivery is crap and prices most locals out. It’s different strokes for different folks you like Arran and I like going abroad.

11 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

My new second-hand scooter is also a three-wheeler

scoot.jpg.eef3ff052688cecf1cc5c8fc076f875a.jpg

That new Zelda game looks shite.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Perhaps they can spell out how their 'stay local' advice squares with their rebuke of scenes like those at Portobello beach this week, when hordes of city dwellers had the temerity to flock to their local amenities all at the same time. 

Either the government hasn't worked out that their intuitive advice on the surface would have entirely the opposite effect than it wants in practice or they're more interested in staying in the good books of the curtain-twitching NIMBY population of rural Scotland.

Edited by vikingTON

Journalists just falling over themselves to defend Cummings with their ‘sources’, who definitely aren’t Dominic Cummings. Nosiree.

If there’s any consistency he simply must resign and I don’t think anyone can believe the PM didn’t know what his chief adviser was doing. It should be a huge scandal but they’ll release some super duper promise tomorrow and the aforementioned journalists will change the narrative.

They are showing themselves up for the c***s that they are, basically. From Cummings to the Scottish CMO (whose name escapes me) to the one who delivered "essential supplies and prescriptions" to his parents to Neil Kinnock's son to Ferguson(?) (you know who I mean) to Prince Charles.

13 minutes ago, Paco said:

Journalists just falling over themselves to defend Cummings with their ‘sources’, who definitely aren’t Dominic Cummings. Nosiree.

If there’s any consistency he simply must resign and I don’t think anyone can believe the PM didn’t know what his chief adviser was doing. It should be a huge scandal but they’ll release some super duper promise tomorrow and the aforementioned journalists will change the narrative.

1/ Not a chance

2/ I wouldn't be surprised, quite frankly