Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If anyone thinks id actively holiday in brexitland they can go f**k themselves.

Agreed.

I'd rather put money aside for next year than spend the equivalent for a week in shiteholes like Blackpool

13 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I got google tae translate

dafaq.jpg.9db584517a0c5ca28e80cc6d4fdd3384.jpg

FFS gies a break. Surely I'm better looking than that dick.

This was me when I was younger than I am noo

IMG_2086.thumb.JPG.40ec49c6e035648caba71a2b3b5f528e.JPG

Give us a knock on number 27, I'll take a gram of coke and 10 diazepam. 

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If anyone thinks id actively holiday in brexitland they can go f**k themselves.

There are lots of amazing places across Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales to visit that match up with Europe (if you get the weather).

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can see why they need the high skirting board within running about on that.

The corridors have been painted since then but the carpet is the same.

Also I've got a new second-hand scooter and I'm a few years aulder

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Give us a knock on number 27, I'll take a gram of coke and 10 diazepam. 

Sorry I've been self-isolating for the last 9 weeks as has everybody else (I hope) in the building

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im still crossing my fingers for my trip to San Diego in September.

We've got a fortnight in mexico the second half of September. Now Mexico is getting bent over a bit atm, but Quintana Roo itself not really.

Assuming travel is allowed, worst case scenario we'll move it to next year and look to pick up a last minute deal for this year.

Best case scenario we go as planned.

Almost best case scenario is we move it about a month before to next year, and rebook the same holiday the day before at about half the price.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

The corridors have been painted since then but the carpet is the same.

Also I've got a new second-hand scooter and I'm a few years aulder

Sorry I've been self-isolating for the last 9 weeks as has everybody else (I hope) in the building

What's the talent like in there?

The US is the absolute last place I’d be hoping to head to tbh.

We’ve both had it so believe we have a decent enough level of immunity that we’ll assess when reliable antibody testing comes in and the place we’re going in San diego is shaping up to be very quiet. If the virus picks up again we will obviously think again.

There are lots of amazing places across Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales to visit that match up with Europe (if you get the weather).

Yeh? Im sorry but working in the public sector in Scotland means the mrs and I tend to want to get as far away from Scottish or British people as possible when im on annual leave and relaxing. Also we’re not particularly ‘outdoorsy’ so as beautiful as the likes of Skye and up North are, it doesnt appeal to me for a 2/3 week holiday and it would appear the prices for 3 weeks in similar hotel standards as we have booked here would be about 3/4x the cost of our holiday in San Diego etc.

September for North Wales and/or October for a Greek island are my plans. Nothing booked but will have postponed accommodation and flights to use up.

Edited by welshbairn

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That's shearings just gone, first of many I'd assume.

3 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The coach tour part of David Urquhart Travel already went a couple of weeks ago.

Sad news. I’m sure it will put a lot of the hotels out of business that Urqhart/Shearings used 😞

15 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I quite like a short golfing trip to the highlands to the likes of Grantown on Spey, Kingussie, Boat of Garten etc and I also quite like the North East of England, however the English seaside resorts are all pretty tacky and poor for accommodation, lack of decent restaurants etc, not to mention a rather neddish clientele.

Over and above all this the prices are completely outrageous and the quality of product just isn't there.

Poland is unbeatable for quality, climate and value for money, whether you're looking for a beach holiday such as Sopot or a great family friendly Town such as Torun or a City break in the likes of Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Bydgoszcz as prime candidates, it all just makes you wonder why ANYONE would choose to holiday in the UK if they could avoid it.

15 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
41 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The coach tour part of David Urquhart Travel already went a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't know that, another big blow.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Poland is unbeatable for quality, climate and value for money, whether you're looking for a beach holiday such as Sopot or a great family friendly Town such as Torun or a City break in the likes of Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw, Wroclaw, Bydgoszcz as prime candidates

We were in Krakow last year. The value there was unbelievable. A 20 min uber to the airport was about a fiver, and the tip options were something ridiculous like 20p, 40p or £1

Think it was less than £1 to get the tram in to town as well