Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The choice or Shapps to front this up will be deliberate.

He will try (unsuccessfully) to steer things toward his transport policy, but the main attribute will be the fact that he presents as inoffensive.

Whoever they chose would have found it impossible to defend Cummings but someone like Raab or Patel would have got people’s backs up more with their ignorance and her smugness.

I’m not surprised Johnson is nowhere to be seen.

I'm not a Sturgeon cheerleader, and certainly don't think she has been perfect during this pandemic, but one thing is for sure, she would facing this stuff head-on and would offer herself up for interview. 

30 minutes ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

Shapps saying that reports Cummings made a second trip to Durham are “completely untrue”. 

Lying has become second nature for everyone in this Government. It’s hardly surprising given that it is led by a prolific liar and charlatan.

I just hope it wasn't another baldy big domed beady eyed c**t the witness saw.

It's the arrogance of this "well the guidance has actually been clear all along that you can use your discretion, and use your sensibility when making choices, especially when young children are involved".

The actual Cummings thing isn't the main issue for me (although he shouldn't have travelled). It is the sheer arrogance and sneering attitude by the Tories, treating everyone like little idiot plebs, and doing it so openly. It is no surprise that they behave like this but it is still fucking infuriating. 

They've completely f*cked this because they've treated it as part of their 'up is down' culture wars and backed they could drag their supporters with them. Supporters who have been staying at home and not seeing their loved ones because the government told them not to.

If he had just apologised immediately, they probably could have ridden out the storm.

Transport Secretary also wheeled out on Andrew Marr.

It's the opposite. He was always scheduled for Marr.

Now you know why they gave him the briefing yesterday. So only one Tory is made to look an idiot.

Why noone has asked why Cummings felt he could not get support from anyone in London is beyond me.

No mates ?

It's the opposite. He was always scheduled for Marr.Now you know why they gave him the briefing yesterday. So only one Tory is made to look an idiot.

Why noone has asked why Cummings felt he could not get support from anyone in London is beyond me.

No mates ?
Because outside his political coterie he's Billy Nae Mates ?

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It's the opposite. He was always scheduled for Marr.

Now you know why they gave him the briefing yesterday. So only one Tory is made to look an idiot.

No mates ?

His wife has family in London and his assistant lives 2 streets away.

If Grant Shapps was your supervisor for your summer job at Greggs during the school holidays, you'd be rolling your eyes  daily at his constant gormless incompetency.

We (the UK) have chosen him as one of the people to run our whole fucking country.

Let that sink in.

15 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

They've completely f*cked this because they've treated it as part of their 'up is down' culture wars and backed they could drag their supporters with them. Supporters who have been staying at home and not seeing their loved ones because the government told them not to.

If he had just apologised immediately, they probably could have ridden out the storm.

You might have to explain that concept to them.