Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I do think there's an argument that because we left it so late to lockdown it was pretty much pointless.
If we had locked down two weeks earlier then, according to scientists, we would have had a quarter of the deaths.
I wonder what the figure would have been with a partial or local lockdowns plus more testing and tracing?
The government has failed and misled us on just about everything.

I do think there's an argument that because we left it so late to lockdown it was pretty much pointless.
If we had locked down two weeks earlier then, according to scientists, we would have had a quarter of the deaths.
I wonder what the figure would have been with a partial or local lockdowns plus more testing and tracing?
The government has failed and misled us on just about everything.

Locked down 2 weeks earlier and copied Spain’s approach in which you could only visit a shop within a radius of x miles and we could’ve been looking back at the last few months from a different perspective.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Locked down 2 weeks earlier and copied Spain’s approach in which you could only visit a shop within a radius of x miles and we could’ve been looking back at the last few months from a different perspective.

Wont nobody think of the revenue the tory peer that owns cheltenham would have lost 

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Does anyone know, or care, what the Scottish top flight table would have looked like, had we locked down two weeks earlier than we did?

Celtic top / Hearts bottom I think

ETA this was the table on 1st March

Screenshot_20200701-201128_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

As far as I can tell, the UK wide figures announced each day contain both Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 cases, though, so the overall picture is unchanged.

4 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

So the already comparatively worse English numbers are actually significantly worse vs Wales, Scotland and NI?

No.

I think the best comparison is when the SG started receiving data from the UK Gov testing facilities in Scotland.

The positive cases were included in the UK figure every day, but the SG didn't know about them being from here so couldn't include them in their daily figures.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

I wonder if any swedes would actually be in England's position rather than their own. Obviously completely hypothetical, but I reckon opinion would be pretty split on that. 

England's as close to worst of both worlds as you can get though. They've had a stricter lockdown than Sweden and had more deaths. Why on earth would any non-psychopathic Swede want that?

Edited by Gordon EF

4 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Make a change from legionella.

A nice change I trust, just as well were not in Flint, drinking the lead water, Covid is the least of their worries. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I can't imagine so. Why would they give up their pretty much restriction free lifestyle for a similar death rate? There is nothing about the UK's response that they could be envious of.

A fairer question would be to ask them if they would want to swap with their Nordic neighbours.

Given they're banned from crossing the borders and some other countries won't let them go on holiday, and have a noticeably worse record (not to mention there's an investigation etc which presumably is the result of public pressure) I reckon all but the most gammony/herringy swedes would swap with other Scandinavian countries. 

Edited by madwullie

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Decided to hold off watching the news until 10pm. Hearing of all these job loses is absolutely tragic. In years to come people will say the over 3 month lockdown did more harm than good

Bullshit